Suggestion: Promotion/Division Series Draws

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Firephly

02-26-2013

I'm proposing an idea that Riot adds in a draw system for promotion and division series. We've all had AFKs and leavers in our games and to put it in simple terms, it sucks, especially when you're playing a promotion/division game. So I say that if there happens to be some sort of leaver or AFK then the game should automatically count as a draw for the player on their promotion/series game. It would be a simple fix, the game is already able to tell which player has left the game so it should be able to count it as a draw for the promotion/series player(s). The new ranked system was built to relieve the stress of climbing the latter but when you have a single player that messes up an entire game it adds on a whole new level of stress. This is a serious issue that needs to be dealt with.

stonerdude2012

02-26-2013

thats a really good idea

Firephly

02-26-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by stonerdude2012 View Post
thats a really good idea
I agree, it would be very simple to implement. Then you wouldn't have to worry about your whole series going down the drain because one player decided to leave.

pandamanhood

02-26-2013

what if someone lags out at the end and is unable to rejoin? then all there work has gone down the drain

Resther

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-26-2013

If only we could apply this to the bad players too, then it'd be flawless.

I lost 3 of my Promotional Games in a row because of bad teammates. Wish we could fix them as well...

Devious Rogue

02-27-2013

It'd only work if, for it to qualify, the person in question has been AFK the entire game, or not present for the first 20 minutes etc.

Otherwise, I could duo with a mate when playing a high-stakes game and have them "AFK" so my team gets a draw whenever the situation looks bad. (First Blood goes to enemy team etc)

Mynx The Origin

02-27-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brisholine View Post
I agree, it would be very simple to implement. Then you wouldn't have to worry about your whole series going down the drain because one player decided to leave.
AFKs aren't always by choice. I never leave a game intenionally. 80% of the time it's because I get screamed at endlessly my parents to get off and they don't give me any time to end a match despite my extremely honest statement of "I'll get of when the game ends."

And then there's the people who have computers that are pricks. Like they overheat and such.