Leaver Penalty Lvl 1

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TheWorstOrianna

02-26-2013

Hi everyone! I'm new here from Dota, and have watched a friend play LoL for a while, and decided I liked the champ Orianna. Anyways, a few days ago, I played my first match, but the client crashed during the load screen, so I had to load back up, arriving in the game at perhaps the 5 minute mark.

Today when I logged on, I received a notification that I have a Leaver Penalty Level 1 for excessive leaving and inactivity. Now, I assume that this occurred because the system takes a look at what percent of your games you leave/are inactive in, so since I had a late start in 100% of my matches it looks bad. What I'd like to know is whether the penalty will go away when I establish that I don't leave matches prematurely or consistently afk (I played around in several custom matches to make sure the crashing wasn't a consistent thing). Also, are my assumption about how the leaving system works correct?

I have attached a picture of my only match in my match history.

OhBoyItsaMegaman

02-26-2013

You are correct... LeaverBuster is much harsher against brand new accounts. Your Leaver level will decrease as you play games without leaving. (And it's good to do exactly what you did: work out any potential computer issues in custom games for which there is no penalty.)

TheWorstOrianna

02-26-2013

Thanks for the reply. It'd be pretty awkward to have a permanent black mark on your account because your client crashed on your first game.