Help me with latency, PLEASE

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TheSinfluence

Recruiter

02-26-2013

Alright so here's the order of events:

Installed game last night at around 5pm. Played from 5pm to 10pm learning the game and playing with people as well as bots.

Take a 30 minute break to get a snack and do some quick rearranging then I get right back into things.

I get into a game just like I was before except all of the sudden I start lagging REALLY hard. my latency would list 60-80ms then spike up to 9000+ then back down rinse repeat.

Unplayable.

After I made it through that game (if you want to call it that) I went to check my internet for signs of slowness. I.E. packet loss check, internet speed check, monitoring my modem for spiking.

Turned up with:
-consistent 15ms latency pack loss check with no loss what so ever.
-21down 5up speed test
-and absolutely no spiking modem/router side

I proceed to log into another online game Path of Exile. Check my latency there. 55ms consistently. Then Starcraft 2, 60ms consistently. Then Diablo 3, 45ms consistently.

Basically, the problem is not my internet, guaranteed or my computer, also guaranteed.

Every time I ask people in game, as I've tried to fix this a couple of times resulting in 3 unplayable lag fest games they tell me to get a new computer or better internet, which just makes me angry instead of helping because 21down 5up internet is fantastic and my computer is fantastic as well runs the game at 60fps constant.

I've been searching for the solution finding multiple threads of similarity and then a bunch of "me too" responses and no help. Anyone's help would be GREATLY appreciated.

AlyCat103

02-26-2013

Are you lagging the entire game consistently?

I don't tend to have a problem with my connection. But if your lag is inconsistent is it possible someone else starts to download, or use your web while playing that you're not aware of?

Do you have an anti virus set to automatic updates - that may start to download at random times (increasing your lag)?

Or even windows updates (or any other program set to auto-update) that can randomly download an update - I would disable or check those out if you're ping is inconsistent.

Hope that helps

TheSinfluence

Recruiter

02-26-2013

I do lag the entire game consistently. Literally 2seconds of playability, then 30 seconds of absolutely nothing then the game catches up, rinse repeat.

The point of pointing out that other games are playing just fine at the exact same time was to prove that it's not things like anti-virus and windows update. No external sources of my network it's a wire only network and everything on it is used by me solely. All updates are set to ask me first. And I have the internet to be able to play things while downloading and streaming stuff at the same time with little to no recourse what so ever.

ReL3vEx

02-26-2013

ive found that wifi makes a difference when playing, also when other people are useing the internet it can also bog you down. Imagine a cities water pipes, the flow goes to every house but when you turn it up enough only so much can flow

AlyCat103

02-26-2013

I would check this out:
https://support.leagueoflegends.com/...tency-and-Ping

Seems like you've already done some of the things on there - but at the bottom there is also this:

Quote:
If you continue to experience problems
Please feel free to contact our support department. They will be able to assist you further. In order to get the quickest and most accurate support please provide the following information in your ticket:

A Network Analysis - How to obtain a network analysis
A document containing information on the configuration your network. - How to obtain a NetworkInfo.log
An explanation of all your network hardware. (i.e. Are you connected to a router? A college network?)
Router Brand and Model#
Modem Brand and Model#
I'm afraid I can't really help you with anything else... anytime I have ping issues it's been on my end. You may also want to check out the help and support forums:
http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/...splay.php?f=15

Good luck

TheSinfluence

Recruiter

02-26-2013

I submitted a ticket to LoL. I really appreciate the link Aly, I followed all of those steps including the netalyzr and have seen some new info but still nothing particularly stand out ish. The big thing is apparently my download and upload buffer are a little slow. Everything else I stated is 100% accurate, low 15ms, 20down, 5up. Most permissions are set etc. it looks pretty good to me. I'd post my netalyzer but it actually has attackable information in it so I'm gonna pass on that one lol. Let's hope tech can help me!

Thanks again for your help!

AlyCat103

02-26-2013

Glad I could help!

I just wanted to point you to this thread in case there are some solutions or additional help you can find in there (in case you didn't find this thread already):

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=2846899

(the thread is pretty long, you can click on the 'first Riot Post" to see the Riot responses, and continue clicking the arrows to follow the rest of the Red responses. The thread was started in nov i think - but the last post was several hours ago)

Good luck

Feels Goood Man

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-26-2013

I had this problem before and I do believe it was my router's fault. It went away on its own which was weird but I had1% packet loss cause lag spikes but my ping was a constant 15 with 2 jitter. Really weird. I'd try playing a game with a ethernet connection and see if u still get high ping. If you don't, then it is your router's fault.

Jampzz

02-26-2013

ok guys msg me on skype: Officialshotz ive helped many ppl with this issue and id be glad to help another i will be realising a video soon to help fix this problom for good if any1 has any questions msg me on skype or lol if im on id be happy to help