ADC's don't work like they used to

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Cupiter

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-27-2013

It is important of course to have an ADC bot because having a ranged, powerful autoattack makes farming very easy.

However, I don't think ADC's work as well as they did in a teamfight. As in building bloodthirster, IE, PD won't work as well now as in season 2. As in it won't work.

When was the last time your run-of-the-mill IE PD BT carry actually carried without dominating his lane super hard like 10/0/0?

I think that this isn't the optimal build for season 3. I don't know what the optimal build could be, but straight damage is not enough.

Thoughts?

Rawrful

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-27-2013

Every game I played yesterday that got to 35+ minutes? IE/Phantom/Bloodthirster(Or BotRK)/Last Whisper/Warmogs(Or FMallet), explode all the bruisers if you are halfway decent at kiting, survive their damage with ease.

Also do note that BotRK makes kiting really easy, since it steals movespeed.

Schlosserm

02-27-2013

what about BT and BC as core items, next PD, boots and 2 situational like king or Angel?, i dont like too much IE in this season

Yugi

02-27-2013

ADc's suck right now.

TheGrayBuffoon

02-27-2013

Its all that health stacking. As a poster said a few weeks back S3 is now the Warmogs/Health meta. But as Rawrful points out BotRK is an item to consider. I know someone this past weekend who rushed this on Tristana in 7 games and came out 6-1.

SeCKS Egai

02-27-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cupiter View Post
It is important of course to have an ADC bot because having a ranged, powerful autoattack makes farming very easy.
I wouldn't ever say that. If farming is easy bot - your opponents aren't much of a challenge.

buneter

02-27-2013

I never build IE anymore because BT can give you 30 extra damage then IE and it gives you lifesteal and instead of PD I get the statikk shiv because 3rd most crit chance, most movement speed other then boots, and quite a bit of AS but the poking of the lightining is amazing

Cenerae

02-27-2013

I wouldn't say carries suck so much as the mass health stacking craze means we're seeing a lot of comps with 2-3 champs that can dive and blow up squishies.

If you can manage to keep them safe, their sustained DPS is well worth it. But it's harder to do now.

ThePonsterMenis

02-28-2013

Adding a slow to your build it almost a must... but if you can survive the other carries, a tank really has nothing in their kit to kill you.

Madraac

02-28-2013

If you have a good ADC on your team, come back and tell me that they are not worth it. Any ADC that can zone or knows how to kite is still a fearsome force and will destroy late game. Last night it ranked we had a Tristana go 21/3/16 against a bruiser heavy team. It all depends on how well you play and what your team does.

Kiting or CC is now a must for any ADC to survive, and so the play level has increased making them much harder than in the past. If you have challenges look for ADC's that have snares or escape mechanisms, which most do to some degree.