~cosplay vi neon strike skin~

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Dollicious

02-26-2013

[CENTER]
Vi Neon Strike Skin Cosplay

As soon as Vi was announced I was super excited about playing her! When she came out I bought booth skins and have been playing her non-stop ever since. I am now even doing the 100 game challenge as jungle Vi!

Now even being more so in love with Vi and love to cosplay I have decided to throw them together and Cosplay Vi's Neon strike skin and premiere it at Anime Boston 2013, and if possible her classic skin! I wanted to make this forum to show the league community my progress and take their suggestions and critiques! I want this to come out this best I can make it!

-Another thing is I'm using a different reference to make it, but the only thing that should be completely different is the shoes. Instead of them being wedges I found these nice heels that were pretty close to the actual thing beside not being wedge heel.

So far:
Body Suit: 5%
Shoes: 80%
Gauntlets: 10%
Hair: 0%
Glasses: 0%

Body suit: So far I only have the yellowish fabric for it. I already have a pattern for how I'm going to sew this all together. I am also going to attach led light to her back just as Vi has. I purchased that on amazon and it is on its way.

Shoes: The shoes are made out of craft foam and some really cheap boots I found on sale on the local shoe store. The shoes are not wedges sadly but, I might cover the heal area just to make them look like wedges. The craft foam is painted silver and I am going to do a gloss coat over them so that way they look more like metallic like. I will also attach and extension for the knee area of Vi.

Gauntlets: I only have the measurements sorted out which is one of the images down below you can see it fits me perfectly. It is only held by with tape so I can easily peel it away and use them as a tracer too. I am going to make one hand open and one hand closed. I will not be attaching any lights to this but I will consider attaching worbla or craft foam on top to give it more depth to them.

Hair: For the hair I have ordered a blue wig I found on amazon for 20 dollars. Instead of wasting the whole hair I'm going to take what I cut off and create them into attachable pony tails just in case I want to ever use the wig for any other purpose.

Glasses: Being it impossible to find hot pink clear plastic I am going to take wonder flex and paint it pink and shape it to look like the glasses. If anyone can help me find hot pink plastic! That would be amazing!

Thank you for your critiques and comments! If you guys want to check out more of my work and other cosplays I am currently working on for PAX east you can check them out on my facebook fan page.

www.facebook.com/DolliciousCosplay

[/CENTER]

KHDragonn

02-28-2013

The gauntlets look so cool. Can't wait to see how it looks in the end!

Dollicious

03-01-2013

Thanks I will bump the thread when there are updates

Lovepudding

03-01-2013

Inventables is where I would get the pink acrylic for your glasses. Not the cheapest in the world but that might work :3