I've never been warned or banned...

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

2pudge1cup

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-26-2013

My face is hitting my palm now. It's like talking to someone about the weather and they keep telling me that the sky is blue over and over again.

Look, a role queue suggestion moves the game closer towards the direction of forcing certain mandatory playstyles (the 1-1-2-J) rather than moving away from it which is what I would rather see. Your "how is it different from today" idiocy is that it literally tags a player as x role, and, therefore, they have to perform that role rather than figuring out your team's strengths and weaknesses and sometimes doing something that is different but effective. I'm happy with today the low chance in solo queue I get a double jungler game or a duo top game rather than there being 0 chance at all.

How is this position so difficult to understand?

Aithòs

02-26-2013

Ok, one question and all I want is a straight answer:

If I call, pick order or queue for support how is the expectation of what my "role" is any different?

HumdingeRll

02-26-2013

Lol the tribunal not solving anything, tell me something i dont know. Ya i'm all for being respectful and friendly, but seriously i dont play this game for the simplicity of having a good time. Sure when i started out, but when you play this game for such a long time you feel you have something to prove.

Now its good you havent been banned or warned, good for you, but you realizing the fact that the tribunal isnt fixing much is surprising to me. You know they implement the tribunal to weed out the bad players from the good, but when they offer reform cards means that riot isnt really doing what they set out to do, the fact that people can question ther ban or suspension, to me is just lack of trust on their part. Do you trust your community to make decisions? because thats what we're doing, and for the most part there is no 100% efficiency, which to me is just unprofessional.

Wolfinurcar

02-26-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2pudge1cup View Post
Nicer players get frustrated with always being support or jungle because they compromise, and then they are forced into that cycle.
This. I always compromise and usually end up almost exclusively play support every game. Normally I don't mind playing support, but it would be nice to try out something different once every 10 games. Yet, if I try asking to play something unconventional ( not even in a ranked but in a normal mind you), I will get "gg report" yelled at me until I compromise once more and pick a support.

Pro Anïvïa

02-26-2013

i just think the whole "dont be a jerk" thing is a completely garbage guideline that riot uses to completely avoid taking any stance on anything. ive got santa baron and never been warned or banned but seriously having your account's fate put in the hands of a system with such stupid and vague regulations doesnt seem right to me.

the pregame rush to get what role you want is an incredibly toxic experience that forces good players to either become doormats to the toxic ones or become toxic themselves, and the fact that riot refuses to take some kind of action on it is disgusting.

Aithòs

02-26-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2pudge1cup View Post
My face is hitting my palm now. It's like talking to someone about the weather and they keep telling me that the sky is blue over and over again.

Look, a role queue suggestion moves the game closer towards the direction of forcing certain mandatory playstyles (the 1-1-2-J) rather than moving away from it which is what I would rather see. Your "how is it different from today" idiocy is that it literally tags a player as x role, and, therefore, they have to perform that role rather than figuring out your team's strengths and weaknesses and sometimes doing something that is different but effective. I'm happy with today the low chance in solo queue I get a double jungler game or a duo top game rather than there being 0 chance at all.

How is this position so difficult to understand?
Look, what you want isn't possible. This is a game with limited resources (exp/gold) and there is a good way and many bad ways to divide them. I'd try to make this a story problem with friends and pizza but there isn't an adequate way to describe the reality. You want to do something less optimal because you think it's more interesting, I get it. I want to have fun too, you want to know what is fun? Winning.

Your suggestion that by tagging someone in a role that PEOPLE ALREADY USE somehow forces them to do that (as if they didn't queue for it) is ridiculous. This is the hard truth you're going to have to come to:

There are 4 sources of exp/gold on the map for each team (top, mid, bot, jungle) and you have 5 people to put SOMEWHERE. You can want duo top and empty jungle but you are NEVER going to get acceptance from most people because it's a waste of EXP/Gold and it immediately puts your TEAM at a disadvantage. If you aren't competitive and you don't care about winning....play blind pick. Tons of people want to run duo top there, maybe 2/10 games have someone even call jungle.

The simple fact of the matter is you need a balanced group of champions to reliably win, which is the point of ranked and even normal draft. You play to win the game. You need certain things on your team: engage, disengage, cc, sustain, damage, a tank and a balance of dps types (ap/ad) to be well balanced and not leave yourself glaring weaknesses. You HAVE to make some attempt to define roles to get those things or you might as well not even pick. Just let people choose their champion prior to queue, grab 9 random people who aren't that champion and throw them on a team. See what happens, I can't imagine it'll be pretty.

And you think what I'm saying is idiocy? You're the one suggesting that it's better to go in blind and just HOPE that your team agrees on positions, roles and strategy in a SOLO queue environment with less than a minute to figure it all out. Instead of developing a system with at least a basic guidance of what your team will PROBABLY expect you to do anyway. Your position is complete idiocy and I'm seriously done debating it. I can't wait until Riot unveils their new queue system and all you guys cry about it until it turns out that it works and I can make a post titled: SUCK IT.

igetlifted

02-26-2013

Aithos, there is a big topic about this with several red post already being talked about. Its under Toxic play is Riots fault. Look at it. I agree with the role selection just like you. It doesnt force you be ezreal, MF, or Twitch ADC (example) you would have the option to choose Bot. Bot means it cna be double bruiser etc...whatever! But by calling roles pre champ select it takes the arguing out of the picture. You come in knowing you are going to play mid. Can you play mid AD or Bruiser? Certainly. Nobody said you couldnt. That isnt even the issue in this game.Its when you have 3 people call mid and nobody compromises or they do and they choose someone they arent good at and then subsequently lose the game because of it. Role Selection is the ONLY route to go to make this game truly fun.

OP this game is black and white. You either Win or you Lose. Period. You dont get rewarded for losing in this game like WoW etc. So when winning is the most important and only reward available its important to offer enough communication to allow your team to make the best decisions to win.

Do i want to argue with someone over top and mid because i just played support 5 times in a row for saying "ill fill" and now i wanna try my hand at top? No. Should i have too? Again. NO. By adding this into champ select it makes the game very toxic from the start. Now at loading screen somebody is butt hurt because they didnt get their way. So they start the game with a chip and it goes down hill from their. Somethings cannot be resolved and this game caters to those that choose to bully and troll rather than compromise. If you say no f u i am playing top and autolock...most of the time the nice person says "fine ill just play support." How is that fair? It needs to be fixed and the fact you cannot see that shows that you have no real form of logic and the gameplay you want will never EVER exist in this world. Why? Because this world is not a perfect scenario. Nothing is ever perfect.

Aithòs

02-26-2013

Here is my topic in case you guys don't see it. It's long...you've been warned.

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/...1#post35074645