Are Matches Based On Tiers?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

EatsBlood

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-26-2013

I thought I read they weren't, but my win ratio is dramatically lower in Bronze 3. I'm winning something like 70% in Bronze 4. But the second I get to Bronze 3 I lose every single game until I'm demoted. I think I've won 3 out of 26.

EatsBlood

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-26-2013

Demoted to Bronze IV for the SEVENTH time. I'm now 3 for 29 in Bronze III. Does anyone have any explanation of how this is possible?

til Days of Blue

02-26-2013

As you win games in Bronze IV, you raise your MMR, then after you reach Bronze III, due to higher MMR you start losing, until you drop back to Bronze IV.

or, maybe luck.

EatsBlood

02-26-2013

But it's gradual, not all at once, right?

Godling

02-26-2013

I can help if any of you need it I am currently Diamond V and am ready to duo queue (with my smurf obv). Message me through the team touchdownzone website : www.teamtouchdownzone.com ! Go into the ''Join Us'' section and gimme your weakness and strengths + your ign.

Hotdogs

02-26-2013

no, they are entirely based off a hidden mmr which used to be called elo
however your league is indirectly related to your mmr because lp gains and losses are affected by mmr such that your league tend to be one where you will have similar mmr to others in the league