Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

devastating blow vs hungering strike

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SG Winky1795

Recruiter

10-30-2010

Comparing the two, why does hungering strike seem like its overwhelmingly better than devastating blow. it had higher dmg and heals. I don't play poppy but wtf o_O.

Brees

10-30-2010

because you have to consider the champion as a whole? if poppy had a heal that large on such a short CD with that much burst damage she would be borderline OP due to how hard she is to kill. warwick needs a lot of tank gear to make his heal good.

TalkGibberish

10-30-2010

Because they are two different Characters fulfilling two different roles with two different skillsets.....
?

WolfSummoner

10-30-2010

I think devastating blow is on a lower cooldown. Also, it can proc with sheen/triforce/lichbane for MAJOR nuke damage.

Balderdash1000

10-30-2010

Quote:
TalkGibberish:
Because they are two different Characters fulfilling two different roles with two different skillsets.....
?

Actually, they have pretty much the same role in team fights. AKA: Take the squishy carry out of the fight ASAP.

Honestly, Poppy's a bit better at that then WW a lot of times, but WW brings a strong jungler and a decent group buff to the mix.

Sabnitron

Recruiter

10-30-2010

Apples =/= oranges

Smackadummy

10-30-2010

You guys are forgetting the 8% of max hp damage that scales with AP...

Kaoculus

10-30-2010

devastating does like a billion dmg. zzzz

Ozy

10-30-2010

Quote:
TalkGibberish:
?

But bro, Morgana has a shield and Lux has a shield. Morgana's is so much better. Buff Lux.

bro.

1337SuperNewb

Recruiter

10-30-2010

I've taken out over 50% of people's health with DB many, many times. (lichbane + mpen + AP)

I've taken out at most 25% of someone's health with hungering strike.