Going AFK during a 5v4

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TheLittlestLulu

02-26-2013

What's everyone's opinion on someone deciding to sit out when the enemy team has a missing player? I try to do this whenever it ends up happening. I'll call out saying I will sit at the fountain until the missing player returns unless someone objects and usually my team is silent, but I've had a few matches recently where the enemy team will start winning because I made it a 4v4 and then someone on my team starts raging and threatening to report me. It always makes me sad when I'm dragged back into a 5v4 on the threat of being banned when the enemy team is winning because it's like giving the enemy team a chance to win a fair match and then just taking it away from them.

I've seen some people say that nobody has fun in a 4v4 and that I should just end the match quickly but I've had quite a few matches that end up being made into a 4v4 where both sides have fun where if I didn't sit out it would just be an incredibly frustrating game for the enemy and a hollow victory for my team.

MyDeadGrandma

02-26-2013

Only if your team agrees to it. Usually it's just better to get it over with and 5 cap them so everyone can jump back in queue.

Bma

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-26-2013

imo, just do whatever your team allows/wants you to do. If they want you to not afk, then continue playing the game. If they don't care, feel free to afk

There are so many factors around 4v5s that there is definitely room for differing opinion where I won't claim one side is decisively correct.

I'd list a few things to consider :

-4v5s end in like 5 minutes and people can just requeue for the next game (ignoring 20+ min queue timers l000000l)
-Every person faces a 4v5 at some point, some people will just accept losses when the 4v5 is on their team and accept wins when 5v4 to their favor. I don't think people really care in the end since it's almost a 50-50 thing (it's actually in most people's favor if they never dc)
- Person dc'd has more/less impact than you afking. If you're playing the bott laner and their bott laners didn't dc, you are disadvantaging your team more than theirs is, for example.
- Person dc'd is significantly 'less skilled' in terms of elo or skill, than you afking.
- Game isn't balanced around 4v4 anyways.

There's a few more but there are reasons why people won't approve of you afking. That's why I think in general you should probably not afk unless your team lets you?

FDru

02-26-2013

Just enjoy the free win because they would do the same for you.

Nyx87

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-26-2013

I generally just play the game out and finish it. It's generally just better to get it over with and move on.

Malah

02-26-2013

It's more polite to just end the match. 4v5's are completely boring for both sides involved excepting people with no taste whatsoever (and considering all the OP spam tryhards on this map that's unfortunately not as small a minority as preferred) and it means everyone gets back in queue faster to play a real game. Fair play is only a remote motivation assuming that the fifth player never reconnects, in which case their team immediately has the advantage once level/gold differences close together due to the stupid respawn mechanics on this map.

There is no such thing as fair play on this map, just look at all the pricks playing Kassadin.

A Slime Appears

02-26-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by FDru View Post
Just enjoy the free win because they would do the same for you.
Real talk right here. 95% of the time when someone says "report X" or something similiar they get an answer like "why? they helped us" or just plain "no".