Seeker's Armguard build option?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

FearTheBurns

02-26-2013

I love the armguard but I don't always want a Zhonyas possibly a new ap item that has armor but I don't have to pay for a needlessly and the activation?

Possibly mixing it with a Hextech Revolver and getting spellvamp and ap/armor.
Or with a Haunting Guise offering a second build path for it as well, armor/ap/mpen.

jmlinden7

02-26-2013

When would you not want a Zhonyas? It works on literally every AP carry, you waste enemy cooldowns and you stall for yours to come back.

Best LB NA

02-26-2013

Seeker's armguard is very nice to build in lanes vs ad bruisers(wukong), vs talon, and vs champions with great auto attack harass (annie).

Most AP champions are designed to be played in such a manner that they shouldn't really need armor post laning phase - most ap champions should be in the back, using skills/burst damage at the right moment. I personally don't see why you would want more armor. However, if you are that desperate, buy a single chain vest and build it in to a guardian angel late game ^^.

RockJockey

02-26-2013

I would like to see another build path for this item, an AP Tank Item built out of this. Champions like Rammus, Malphite and Amumu could use it.

GrimFate56

02-27-2013

seekers arm guard building into a spell vamp item?

the birds are listining....

BaronVonPwny

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-27-2013

AP Tank Item:
Seeker's Armguard + Kindlegem
+50 AP
+45 armour
+250 health
+10% cdr
Passive: When hit by a single target ability, you gain a small shield based off your bonus armour, or ap. short cooldown. (Basically a mini hex drinker)

Gives defenses against abilities and ad, and what tank doesnt benefit from hp and cdr to make kindlegem a good choice?

Alternate passive: Reduces tenacity of nearby enemies.

Offensive Item:
Seeker's Armguard + Haunting Guise
+90 AP
+225 health
+45 armour
+20 spell pen
Passive: Your spells reduce the targets armour pen and mana.

Reason for passive: You would buy this when laning against an ad assassin to stop them from dealing as much damage, and to keep up in terms of damage. Reducing their armour pen basically counters their garen-teed brutaliser and masteries, and reducing mana cripples assassins early, as they all have low mana pools.

FearTheBurns

02-28-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmlinden7 View Post
When would you not want a Zhonyas? It works on literally every AP carry, you waste enemy cooldowns and you stall for yours to come back.
I don't play ap carries.
I play ap tanks/bruisers.
I play most of them toplane and I don't want nor do I want to pay for the stasis passive.

FearTheBurns

02-28-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaronVonPwny View Post
AP Tank Item:
Seeker's Armguard + Kindlegem
+50 AP
+45 armour
+250 health
+10% cdr
Passive: When hit by a single target ability, you gain a small shield based off your bonus armour, or ap. short cooldown. (Basically a mini hex drinker)

Gives defenses against abilities and ad, and what tank doesnt benefit from hp and cdr to make kindlegem a good choice?

Alternate passive: Reduces tenacity of nearby enemies.

Offensive Item:
Seeker's Armguard + Haunting Guise
+90 AP
+225 health
+45 armour
+20 spell pen
Passive: Your spells reduce the targets armour pen and mana.

Reason for passive: You would buy this when laning against an ad assassin to stop them from dealing as much damage, and to keep up in terms of damage. Reducing their armour pen basically counters their garen-teed brutaliser and masteries, and reducing mana cripples assassins early, as they all have low mana pools.
They removed all items and abilities that drained mana because it literally cripples certain champs.

I don't want an item to counter assassins per se, I want one to allow me to face ad bruisers and have a chance to win lane.

3mptylord

02-28-2013

Remake Ohmwrecker again:

Philsopher's Stone + Seeker's Armguard

Because having an anti-tower item without armor is silly.