Consideration for those stuck with insurmountable bad teams while still playing well

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

YOUALREADYKNOTHO

02-26-2013

I'm stuck in the Elo Hell ver 2.0 in bronze. I realize i am not gold or diamond or maybe platinum skill, but i play well, every game. EVERY game. sometimes my KDA might show otherwise as a victim of circumstance, but i usually even overcome bad KDAs with bad teams...how is there no consideration for those who do their job, play their part, and benefit the team? Can't people with similar consistent play be pitted against each other? granted i enjoy the new system, makes you earn it, but it makes elo hell ranking that much more frustrating, and equally as rewarding when successful. This sounds like balance but i find a lot of pride and reward when i play well and still lose, as long as its a good game, there is honor in it. BUT...i play well, the rest of the team does not...what is a lowly summoner to do???

susehchu

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-26-2013

Just gotta suck it up and keep at it. I'd be willing to bet that majority of the players in LoL consider themselves above average once they get passed the complete newbie phase. I think that's even one of the causes for so much raging in the MOBA scene.

You know how you can get out of ELO hell? Keep playing, but play for the team. Go into the match with the attitude that you're going to be the guy who goes out of his way to communicate with your teammates. Actively try to see what you could be doing to improve the overall group.

- Are you calling MIAs quickly, every time the enemy is gone? Remember even after you kill your lane, press Tab to see when he's going to respawn and call him MIA. Can't tell you how many times I've called my kill MIA a few seconds after he respawns and find that he's gone top to gank.

- Look at the minimap constantly, a MIA from another lane is beneficial to call even if your team fails to call it. You can save another lane by picking up the slack your team falls short on.

- Do you get ganked due to lack of wards? It's not just the supports job to get wards. Everyone should be. 75 gold is a cheap an effective way to prevent the enemy team from gaining strength via kills.

There's a lot of little things that can greatly improve your teams chances of winning, even if their skill might be working against them. Other than that, just friend some people that you see doing well and ask if they'd like to duo/team up with you.

iRequiem

02-26-2013

This has happened for me countless of times and just like it was said you just have to keep playing through it.

If there is no team play between each other your going to lose. Also if no one is making any calls be that guy to do so. of course you may have those certain few who dont listen but if your doing as well as you say you are people will tend to listen. In my honest opinion dont worry about calling MIA's, If they are looking at the chat more than the minimap thats their problem not yours. but if a lane does manage to get caught then follow up and move to that lane as back up. Also if your down in towers dont worry about getting dragon or baron cause the game still isnt in your favor. if you do manage to get that dragon or baron then good for you, but you lost precious time in taking a tower or 2 and if you dont take it and end up in a team fight and lose, they get the objective and they get a free push down the lane. If your trying to cause your team to take dragon or baron make sure you have the map awareness and the map control to do so.

TehomCD

02-26-2013

The best thing to do is just to learn from any mistakes you make, even in games where you very much were not the reason you lost. If every other lane loses massively, then yeah, there's probably nothing you could have done to win that game, but the very best thing you could do is to try to remember anything you could have done better so that you won't lose winnable games later. Over time, you'll just win more as a result and gradually rise in ranking.

As specific advice to you, your builds aren't terrible, but could be a little better. Manamune on Miss Fortune is kind of a weak buy, since the main reason to play her is for how strong her ult is, and it doesn't apply on-hit effects. You should probably switch your AD masteries from wanderer to meditate so you don't feel as compelled to build tears for mana regen in lane, and possibly pick up crystalline flask if you really feel the need. For miss fortune, her ult will cap black cleaver stacks to everyone caught in it, which can allow you to wreck teams when combined with any other physical damage bruisers on your team. I'd strongly suggest you prioritize it higher in your builds - you build it sometimes, but it's a very strong item on her.

Oz SammyD X

02-26-2013

Ive recently had the biggest losing streak ever, about 15 loses in a row and you know why? well the usual troll or bad players and feeders etc.... just today i got a GOOD team with GOOD players, we won the game pretty easily and i was happy because it ended my losing streak, then i started losing again -.-

Nobody has had worse luck than me, nobody.... why cant i ever get good players on my team :/

Sereg Anfaug

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-26-2013

Lol. What should you do? Change your attitude.

As long as you continue to think you are good and it's your teammates' faults that you're losing, you're never going to get better. Stop focusing on their mistakes, and start focusing on yours.

Only then can you improve your play and start rising through the leagues.

YOUALREADYKNOTHO

02-26-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by TehomCD View Post
The best thing to do is just to learn from any mistakes you make, even in games where you very much were not the reason you lost. If every other lane loses massively, then yeah, there's probably nothing you could have done to win that game, but the very best thing you could do is to try to remember anything you could have done better so that you won't lose winnable games later. Over time, you'll just win more as a result and gradually rise in ranking.

As specific advice to you, your builds aren't terrible, but could be a little better. Manamune on Miss Fortune is kind of a weak buy, since the main reason to play her is for how strong her ult is, and it doesn't apply on-hit effects. You should probably switch your AD masteries from wanderer to meditate so you don't feel as compelled to build tears for mana regen in lane, and possibly pick up crystalline flask if you really feel the need. For miss fortune, her ult will cap black cleaver stacks to everyone caught in it, which can allow you to wreck teams when combined with any other physical damage bruisers on your team. I'd strongly suggest you prioritize it higher in your builds - you build it sometimes, but it's a very strong item on her.

Thank you for the build suggestions, she a new champ for me in a way, and i just got decent with her. But the only point i was making in my original post is that i'm getting unlucky with the teammates that i'm gettin in ranked. I am a team player, I call my mias, i congratulate and am all about the honor in the game and generating a good playing environment with my teammates. If i'm in champ select, rather than be trolled i try to fill in to accommodate *******s. Which has made me a way better overall player, still struggling with jungle but i try. I do my part. But i guess you're right, its all about learning and constant play to get past this..its just upsetting sometimes XD

TehomCD

02-26-2013

Yeah, it's frustrating to know you played very well and still lost. You just have to move past it, and part of what's helped me is to be very candid with myself when I play badly and still win, even if my score is okay in a game. Like I recently went 2/1/6 with jungle Jarvan IV in a game, but I got carried really hard - I got my mid killed twice on ganks gone bad, even if I didn't die, and if we had lost I would have considered it completely my fault. But our Draven/Taric dominated bot lane, and our Riven top was totally unstoppable - she got 3 kills and escaped in a 4v1, which immediately prompted the enemy team to surrender in pure frustration. In a game like that, I made some okay plays, but I really should have lost for my mistakes mid if I wasn't carried so hard by our top and bottom lanes. I just try to balance out games where I get carried versus games that were basically unwinnable, and it helps me get past it easier.

Aliasear

02-26-2013

Three tips for climbing SoloQ:
1) Aim for 0 Deaths
2) If you die, recognize your mistake and improve
3) Don't flame your team mates.

All you have control of, is yourself and your responsibility to the team. You aren't responsible for how your teammates play or their responsibility for the team. Everyone makes mistakes because we're human.

So just focus on improving yourself, so that when you reach that higher tier/division, you can perform at that level and not drop back down.
If you deserve to be higher, you WILL carry yourself out, i guarantee it.