Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Help against Katarina?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ashelotte

02-26-2013

So, I mainly play Elise, Ahri, Sona, and more recently Draven and whenever I have to lane against a Katarina I have a very hard time.
I try to play defensively, but even then it feels like I just get jumped on and get destroyed, sometimes even when I turret hug.
What can I do against her?

iRequiem

02-26-2013

As sona or draven you shouldnt even be in lane with katarina. But since kat is one of those assassins that gank bot alot its pretty common youll have a hard time against her since its 2v3. in cases like this where she most likely shunpo in and use her ult stun her with sona or knock her to the side as draven.

as elise you can utilize your spiderling to stay at a distance so she cant shunpo. if she does manage to shunpo you just use cocoon for a quick stun, toxin, spider form, frenzy, then use bite. if she runs use rappel, if not then spam bite. if you go into a little skirmish with her until she does run use rappel, human form, stun if its not on CD, toxin then spiderling.

as ahri use you can use your orb to harrass at a reasonable distance, if she uses shunpo into an ult just use charm and fox-fire if she doesnt ult just use fox-fire. if she tries to run then use charm. use your ult as needed.

Inishi

02-26-2013

Kat is very dangerous. But very squishy. Your best bet is to fight her avoidig shunpo as much as possible, save your cc for when she ults.
Other than that, get magic resist, have teammates with stuns or silences that can interrupt her ult.

Aliasear

02-26-2013

When playing against Katarina, you need to make sure you have at least 1 ability, preferably AoE, that can stop her Ult --- that's step 1.

You also need to trade effectively with her, if she pokes you, you need to be able to poke back just as hard.

Step 3: Play Katarina. If you know how to play her, you know how to defend against her. Katarina profits on the misplay of her opponents.

Step 4: Minimize mistakes. Since Katarina capitalizes on mistakes, learn to minimize the amount of mistakes you make and catch her when she Shunpos out of position.

Step 5: If you fail, don't rage, analyze what you did wrong. Mistakes are never mistakes unless you don't learn from them.

Hiryuu16

02-26-2013

The thing to understand about Katarina is once she Shunpos in, she has no escape back out. She needs you to either die or flee, so she can walk away. She's pretty squishy if you have a way to interrupt her and dish it back.

As Aliasear said, the interrupt part is crucial. Hard CC like stun (Annie), fear (Fiddlesticks), and charm (Ahri) give you time to dish out damage without her giving it back. Knockback/up effects like Cho'gath, Vayne, and Alistar will also interrupt her more damaging effects and give you time to leave.

xRemnant

02-26-2013

Here is a video about this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?annotation_id=annotation_196526&feature=iv&src_vid=uh3wvg_TEfw&v=WnpUt88iBTw

TehomCD

02-26-2013

Harassing with autoattacks as a ranged champ against a champ with melee autoattack is a very important part of beating them in lane. In the first few levels, they're usually very vulnerable to this, and you can often knock them low enough where they either need to be zoned from creeps or make them trying to harass you too dangerous. You just need to make sure you back off after each autoattack so you don't take more damage from their minions during trades than you have to.