We have to do something about afk in ranked.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

VoidMonster

02-25-2013

I dont know about you guys. and im aware im probably not any better than most bronzers, but im pretty sick of 4v5s where i go 10-1 mid and lose. this has happened on numerous occasions to me, and i will see the people who disconnected/afked/quit in other games, totally unbanned.
I understand you cannot ban someone for simply having a problem with you computer, or their internet ****s the bed.
however, as the leaving of a teamate for the entirety of the game does not display skill, or anything otherwise, i reccomend that when players dissocnnect for an entire game, the lp penalty for the team with only 4 players be IGNORED OR REDUCED.
if you like this bump please.

Selcopa

02-25-2013

if you go 10-1 and don't win, you messed up, doesn't matter if its 4v5, you personally had an opportunity to win that game, and you messed up

Thelohel

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-25-2013

And would you then lessen the lp gains of the winning team? Statistically you'll benefit more from leavers then you will suffer.

The only version of this I support is treating a player who dcs during the load screen and doesn't come back within the first 10-30 seconds (during which everyone + chat would be frozen) like a late dodge, with both teams being kicked back to queue and the dc'd player getting the dodge penalty.

Zad the Silver

02-26-2013

Yes, lessen the lp gains/losses for both sides, even if the team of 4 wins. I have watched it ruin so many games, even in league runs, because one person just dances in base.
Heck, throw each game to the Tribunal, and grant them the right to give back some of the lost lp(or just strike the loss entirely so it doesn't count against a streak).

iRequiem

02-26-2013

win 4v5s with team play maybe? ive done it, so can you.

VoidMonster

02-26-2013

@selcopa i didnt so anything to mess up. they nonstop ganked our botlane, and when i went to help them, their toplane and mid would just join together and push, and our team tried to group up at the first tower that went down, its just hard to win a 4v5 when none of you are in skype and its solo que bronze. there literally was nothing more that i could do. my opposing midlane was about 4 levels behind me and he was fine because he has a jungler xin, while our vi afked. we literally just did not have the tools necessary to win, and xin was allowed to do whatever he wanted, seeing as there was noone to be everywhere all the time.

VoidMonster

02-26-2013

and im not sure what the solution is exactly, but there needs to be one, im aware though that riot doesnt care about bronze so im sure they will not do anything

unhai

02-26-2013

i think a good solution would be that the DCer gets full penalty, or can appeal it later to riot

the other players should be allowed to leave the game without penalty

yes ive won 4v5, no its not the norm, it doesn't display skill in competitive 5v5 to lose it. and worst of all its not fun to deal with.

SeptikAydz

02-26-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Selcopa View Post
if you go 10-1 and don't win, you messed up, doesn't matter if its 4v5, you personally had an opportunity to win that game, and you messed up
Everytime I see you post... i just wish you would focus more on your pre-calc homework rather than parade around the forums as the League God.

Dick comment, worthless feedback.

OP, there is no help, there will never be any help, there will never be a solution.

I had 4 out of 10 games yesterday with AFK's... I just lose LP... and thats that.

Riot's solution. Report umm, and in 1.7 years, they will get a ban.