Ezreal, worth the IP?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

carbonClockwork

10-30-2010

before you buy any champion (especially the pricey ones!) i strongly recommended trying them out first when they are free. sometimes a champion seems really fun and then you try them out and you dont like them at all. you dont want to be unhappy with a purchase that took you 50+ games to earn.

YwkOEN6wO3nUy4RT

10-30-2010

Ok here are my 50 Cent. At the moment, Ezreal isn't worth buying to be honest. When the nerf bat struck, it struck hard, really hard. When I first tried him out when he was free, he was still quite strong. He was between his previous overpowered state and his now nerfed state (Essence Flux healing already gone) and I was crying tears at how hard this Champion is. He requires alot of training and stubborness on your part to master him since he is purely skillshot based, so if you have no experience with skillshots and regularly miss important killing strokes, you are more of a burden and considering that he is really squishy, you would feed really well, too. Anyways, once you get more into him he gets really fun to play since he is one of the most versatile Champions in the game, not only due to his mini flash (Arcane Shift) but also due to his ultimate which can be used to kill people that try to run away with little health left etc.

Considering his current state, he is rather underpowered compared to other Champions, while he does good against squishies early he sucks terrible against tanks and barely does any damage (at least on his AD side) late game. So its do or die situation here, either get feeded and dominate, or don't get feeded and be a burden. As many already suggested, wait till he is free and try him out. Also, he will get constant mini buffs the upcoming patches, lets wait till then what becomes of him.

Hope that helped

iEzreal

Silverback Wolf

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-30-2010

if you are good with skill shots then you are good with ezreal simple as that

Lanxe

10-30-2010

Ezreal is currently underpowered !! If you want to buy him, just wait!

Garion

10-30-2010

i just saw a pro Ez stream last night

and he was a complete pro

so i guess he is worth it if u r willing to spend quite some time to master him

Rukarrio

10-30-2010

my friend bought exreal and now he dosnt even use it anymore

omgwtflolbbl

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-30-2010

I feel like Ezreal is still fine. Ezreal + red buff is really what made Ezreal so incredibly strong before, and nothing about him and red buff has changed. You have to work harder to get the same result in terms of damage, but to say he's worthless is greatly over exaggerating. Red and blue makes you literally impossible to catch/run from still.

Stormsoul

10-30-2010

it's not really that ezreal is a bad character, it's that his damage output isnt ****ing ridiculous anymore and is simply inadequate against beefy teams now. every other character with a strong earlygame has the same issue, ezreal's a bit better off lategame than some of those characters imo.

all in all, not UP, just not OP like he was. You could buy him and have a good bit of success with him just like any character, honestly. he's not anywhere near trash tier (unless you're 1800+ elo like elementz, which most of us arent).. and once flash gets removed he's going to be that much better, as one of the few ranged carries with a built-in flash.

Rhythmless Ninja

10-30-2010

Many very good arguements here, I still havent picked yet...lol these points dont come by so easy. But from what I gather is simply that, he is a good champ, but in his current state the cost does not equal the potential this champ has currently because of the nerfs? So say he was cheaper, it would totally worth buying yeah? If so I think maybe I'll just take you guys advice just wait till he is free and try him out first myself.

YwkOEN6wO3nUy4RT

10-30-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhythmless Ninja View Post
Many very good arguements here, I still havent picked yet...lol these points dont come by so easy. But from what I gather is simply that, he is a good champ, but in his current state the cost does not equal the potential this champ has currently because of the nerfs? So say he was cheaper, it would totally worth buying yeah? If so I think maybe I'll just take you guys advice just wait till he is free and try him out first myself.
Yea thats basically the gist of the whole thing. He will receive small buffs in the future. Small, as intended since I think that Riot is trying to approach him with caution, buff wise. They only feed him small pieces and wait how it plays out. IMHO very clever, since it is dangerous to dare big steps with this Champion. So I suggest you wait like the next 2-3 patches and observe how everything will play out eventually. I think in the meantime he will be free one or the other week and try him out when that time arrives, He is really hard to get acustomed to due to his extreme learning curve and I know alot people who resent him for how hard he is to play.