Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

[Champion Concept] Aamon, The Tiger of the Tundra

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

MilkusWolfus

02-25-2013

Intro
Something I have noticed is I like making fighter/assassins with magic weapons. They can be built attack damage, hybrid or full ability power and Aamon is no exception. Wielding the power of ice Aamon makes heavy use of slows like most Freljordians (though he's Noxian) with a little bit of a Noxus/Talon-like feel.

Fun Facts:

• Aamon is named after the biblical demon of wrath.
  • Aamon's ultimate [Lashing Ice] is inspired by Tōshirō Hitsugaya from the anime Bleach, but with less dragons...
  • Aamon's dual weapons serves as a balance between good and evil, virtue and sin or heaven and hell.
__________________________________________________________________________________________________________
[Work In Progress]

For more champions and other ideas. Please visit:
~:: MilkusWolfus' Character Concept Emporium! ::~ (http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2884929)

[:Index:]
  • :Information:
  • :Lore:
  • :Base Stats:
  • :Abilities:
  • :Speech:
  • :Playing As Aamon:
  • :Playing Against Aamon:
  • :Recommended Items:
  • :Skins:
  • :Change Log:
  • :Visual Aid:
__________________________________________________________________________________________________________
:Information:
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
  • Name: Aamon, The Tiger of the Tundra
  • Role: Jungle, Top
  • Comparison: Rengar, Sejuani, Talon, Riven, Kha'Zix, Evelynn
  • Race: Human, Noxian
  • Appearance: Large hooded white tiger printed sleeveless tunic. Basic black cloth pants. Fur wrapped hands and feet. Long black scarf wrapping lower half of face.
  • Weapons: Tanto (Small dagger), Sheathed wakizashi (Bigger than a tanto but smaller than a katana) that is positioned horizontally on his lower back.
  • Resource: Ferocity (Rengar's Resource)
  • Attributes: Assassin, Melee, Carry, Stealth
:Lore:
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Aamon lived on the outskirts of Noxus making a living as a farmer. He had a beautiful wife and a young son. One late afternoon Aamon walked into his cabin on the hill just in time to see a man slipping out his back window. The a shadowy figure turned and flashed Aamon a grin before disappearing. Aamon soon found his wife and son murdered laying in front of the fireplace with his family's heirloom thrust into her chest. Before he had a chance to react the sound of horses could be heard trampling towards his farm. Rage filled his heart as his mind raced. "Why?" is all he could ask himself. Suddenly he pulled the dagger from his wife and kissed his family goodnight for the last time. Rushing out of the cabin he grabbed only his two blades and fled north.

Aamon reached Freljord within a few months sticking to side roads and only traveling at night. Once he reached the open tundra he found a place to rest. That night under an aurora filled sky an enormous white tiger attacked Aamon. Wielding his family's blades he fought the tiger for days without rest. Every stab or cut seemed to not even effect the giant tiger. Blocking, ducking and jumping to evade the massive claws of the beast took every ounce of energy Aamon could muster. The thought of avenging his wife and son drove him to extreme lengths. Finally out of sheer exhaustion Aamon fell to his knees and with his last waking moment he saw the white tiger simply walk away.

Aamon awoke in a small Freljordian village in the hills of the tundra with an elderly woman taking care of him. She told him that a hunting party had found him and brought him to the village. She suddenly got very distant but force herself to ask why he carried a blade-less sword. Aamon was greatly confused by her question. She told him no man was able to unsheathe his wakizashi. Aamon quickly sat up and picked up his weapon. It was freezing cold to the touch but Aamon was easily able to draw the blade. The woman was astonished by the sight of the blade which was emitting a soft fog across it. Aamon stood up sheathing his blade and immediately traveled to the Institute of War. He knew whoever attacked his family would surely find him there and that would be his opportunity for revenge.

"The answers to our questions are not always written as words."
-Aamon
:Base Stats:
  • Health: 440 (+85 /per level)
  • Ferocity: 5
  • Heath Regen: 7.25 (+0.75 /per level)
  • Damage: 50 (+3.1 /per level)
  • Attack Speed: 0.668 (+2.7 /per level)
  • Move Speed: 325
  • Range: 125r
  • Armor: 17 (+3.5 /per level)
  • Spell Block: 30 (+1.25 /per level)
:Abilities:
628706[Passive] Revenge Best Served Cold (Innate)
Aamon draws his blessed wakizashi from his back applying a slow with every critical strike.
Quote:
Aamon's critical strikes apply a 10% slow for 2.5s stacking 3x.

Aamon also gains 1 Ferocity with each critical strike. (3s cooldown)

Notes on [Revenge Best Served Cold]:
  • While early game this passive might not be as noticeable, mid/late game should provide Aamon with a decent tool for keeping foes right where he wants them.
  • Important Note: Aamon does NOT get a "free" spell cast upon reaching 5 Ferocity like Rengar does.
628714[Q] Blade of Sin
Aamon drives his tanto into a foe with extreme ferocity.

5 Ferocity: Aamon consumes his Ferocity wielding both his weapons at once striking foe in the head with his wakizashi increasing their current cooldowns.
  • Type: Basic Attack
  • Cost: 0 Ferocity
  • Cooldown: 9 / 8 / 7 / 6 / 5s
Quote:
Aamon's next basic attack drives his tanto into a foe dealing 30 / 55 / 80 / 105 / 130 (+50% bonus Attack Damage). Aamon builds 1 point of Ferocity upon striking a foe. [Blade of Sin] can critically strike and applies on-hit effects.

[Blade of Sin] deals +25% increased Critical Hit damage when striking a foe from behind.

5 Ferocity: Aamon consumes his Ferocity wielding both his weapons at once increasing the damage by +70% bonus Attack Damage and increases the foe's current cooldowns by 30% of total cooldown. Cooldowns can only be increased by a max of 5s each.

Notes on [Blade of Sin]:
  • 5 Ferocity Max Damage: 30 / 55 / 80 / 105 / 130 (+120% bonus Attack Damage) Total before critical strike multiplier.
  • [Blade of Sin] is Aamon's main source of building Ferocity.
  • With 5 Ferocity Aamon strikes at the foe's head with his ice blade increasing the cooldown of all their skills currently on cooldown. So for example; A 10s cooldown is at 5s until skill is ready to be used, 5F*[Q] against that foe would raise that cooldown to 8s until skill is ready. Something like a mage counter without an outright silence only effecting the foe's skills that are currently on cooldown.
628734[W] Guerrilla Fighter
Aamon runs up target terrain wall clinging to the wall becoming untargetable. Aamon can reactivate to jump to a target location.

5 Ferocity: Upon reactivation Aamon consumes his Ferocity and jumps wielding his wakizashi to strike foes in target area upon landing.
  • Type: Mobility, AoE
  • Cooldown: 16 / 14 / 12 / 10 / 8s
  • Terrain Range: 375r
  • Jump Range: 475r
  • AoE Range: 400r
Quote:
Aamon runs up target terrain wall clinging to the wall gaining sight of brush and becomes untargetable for up to 1s. Aamon can reactivate [W] again to jump to a target location. If Aamon doesn't reactivate [W] he will simply drop to the ground.

5 Ferocity: Upon reactivation Aamon consumes his Ferocity and jumps wielding his wakizashi striking foe's ankles in target area upon landing dealing 65 / 95 / 125 / 155 / 185 (+65% bonus Attack Damage).

Notes on [Guerrilla Fighter]:
  • [Guerrilla Fighter] utilizes a new system known a {Clinge} which has the champion attach them self to terrain.
  • Aamon can use [Guerrilla Fighter] to escape even the most dire situations such as a Jarvan IV ultimate.
628738[E] Smoke Bomb / Ice Bomb 628743
Aamon jumps up and throws a smoke bomb.

5 Ferocity: Aamon consumes his Ferocity to throw a frost bomb instead.
  • Type: AoE, Stealth
  • Cooldown: 14s
  • Range: 650r
  • AoE Range: 275r
  • Smoke Range: 350r-750r
Quote:
Aamon jumps up and throws a smoke bomb at target location. Foes directly hit with the smoke bomb take 30 / 55 / 80 / 105 / 130 (+60% Ability Power) as it creates a veil of smoke. The smoke expands over 5s before fading. Aamon gains stealth in his smoke. Aamon gains +50% increased Critical Strike Chance for his first basic attack or [Q] from stealth. Basic attacks and abilities reveal Aamon for .5s.

5 Ferocity: Aamon consumes his Ferocity to throw an ice bomb instead. Foes directly hit with the ice bomb take 50 / 75 / 100 / 125 / 150 (+80% Ability Power) as it creates a chilling fog. The fog expands over 5s before fading. Foes inside the chilling fog have 25% reduced Movement Speed and Attack Speed. Aamon gains +25% increased Movement Speed and Attack Speed while inside the fog.

Notes on [Smoke Bomb / Ice Bomb]:
  • Use [Smoke Bomb] for stealthy hit and run pokes to take advantage of his increased Critical Hit Chance or [Ice Bomb] for extended fights as your foe will be slowed and you'll be boosted.
628758[R] Lashing Ice / Pierce the Veil (Ultimate) 628759
Aamon wields his blessed wakizashi gaining Attack Speed and a trail of ice that extends from his wakizashi.

Reactivating causes Aamon to drive his wakizashi into the ground exploding ice up around himself.
  • Type: Self Buff
  • /Type: AoE
  • /Cost: All Ferocity
  • Cooldown: 110 / 90 / 70s
  • Ice Line Range: 275r
  • Ice Cone Range: 225r
  • /AoE Range: 200r-450r
Quote:
Aamon wields his blessed wakizashi for 10s gaining a trail of ice that extends from his wakizashi dealing 25 / 50 / 75 (+10% Ability Power) as bonus magic damage in either a line or a cone depending on his attack animation and decreases the Attack Speed of all foes struck by the ice by 12.5% for 3s. Stacks 3x.

Reactivating [R] consumes all of Aamon's current Ferocity to drive his wakizashi into the ground exploding ice up around himself dealing 100 / 200 / 300 (+25% Ability Power)(+10% of foe's max health) as magic damage and snaring foes in place for 2s if they are in smoke or fog when struck by [Pierce the Veil] but it blows away any smoke or fog in the area. The range of [Pierce the Veil] is increased by 50r per point of Ferocity.

Notes on [Lashing Ice / Pierce the Veil]:
  • Aamon changes his basic attacks to slashing and swiping animations with his wakizashi from short slashes and stabs with his tanto.
:Speech:
  • Upon Selection- "He will pay for what he's done."
  • Move 1- ""
  • Move 2- ""
  • Move 3- ""
  • Move 4- ""
  • Taunt- ""
  • Attack 1- ""
  • Attack 2- ""
  • Kill Minion- ""
  • Kill Champion- "Your in my way."
  • [Q]- "Taste my wrath!"
  • [W]- "Over here. Haha"
  • [E]- "Bombs away."
  • [R]- "Now it ends!"
  • /[R]- "Cool off!"
  • Death- "My love, I have failed..."
  • [B]- "See you soon." Aamon crouches and back flips just as he disappears to base.
:Playing As Aamon:
  • Early critical strike chance can ensure kills from jungle ganks easily.
  • Try using Aamon's Ferocity to cast an [Ice Bomb]. Inside the chilling fog your target is slowed while increasing your move speed also granting you additional Ferocity from all sources.
:Playing Against Aamon:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- __________________________________________________________________________________________________________
:Recommended Items:
  • Avarice Blade > Youmuu's Ghostblade
  • Mercury's Treads (Furor)
  • Trinity Force
  • Blade of the Ruined King
  • Infinity Edge
  • Guinsoo's Rageblade
:Skins:
  • Bengal Aamon: Similar to his classic skin but orange tiger print. No hood, Spikey anime style hair and an open tiger mouth across the scarf covering his mouth.
:Change Log:
  • (02-27-13) [Guerrilla Fighter]: Removed passive movement speed.
  • (02-28-13) [Revenge Best Served Cold]: Slow reduced.
  • (02-28-13) [Blade of Sin]: Damage reduced. Scaling increased. Cooldown increased/Scales.
  • (02-28-13) [Guerrilla Fighter]: Untargetable reduced.
  • (02-28-13) [Smoke Bomb]: Cooldown increased. Reduced bombs thrown. Deals damage and builds ferocity. Time extended. Silence removed. Slow MS/AS added. MS gain added. Ferocity gain added from stealth.
  • (02-28-13) [Lashing Ice]: Scaling reduced. Cone basic modifier range reduced.
  • (02-28-13) [Pierce the Veil]: AP Scaling added.
  • (03-04-13) [Revenge Best Served Cold]: Static slow replaced with stacking slow. Critical strikes build Ferocity.
  • (03-04-13) [Blade of Sin]: Remove refresh on backstab. Added increase critical strike damage from backstab. Removed fear. Added increases foe's current cooldowns by 30% of total cooldown. Increased damage slightly. Reduced cooldown. Moved additional Ferocity gain from skill critical strike to passive.
  • (03-04-13) [Smoke Bomb]: Increase cooldown slightly. Removed Ferocity gain from direct hit. Added +50% increased Critical Strike Chance for first basic attack or [Q] from stealth.
  • (03-04-13) [Ice Bomb]: Removed Ferocity gain from direct hit. Added increased Ferocity from all sources.
  • (03-04-13) [Lashing Ice]: Removed Attack Speed gain. Removed slow. Added decrease foe's Attack Speed on hit. Decreased range of basic attack extension to 275r Line and 225r Cone. Removed bonus Ferocity gain.
  • (03-04-13) [Pierce the Veil]: Reduced range to 200r-450r. Removed freeze (Stun). Moved snare to only if foes are in smoke or fog.
  • (03-05-13) [Guerrilla Fighter]: Increased cooldown.
  • (03-10-13) [Revenge Best Served Cold]: Added ferocity gain cooldown.
  • (03-10-13) [Blade of Sin]: Increased cooldown. Reduced critical damage multiplier. Adjusted damage scaling. Added max to cooldown increasing.
  • (03-10-13) [Guerrilla Fighter]: Removed slow. Reduced scaling.
  • (03-10-13) [Ice Bomb]: Removed ferocity boost. Added attack speed boost.
  • (03-10-13) [Lashing Ice]: Reduced stacking.
:Visual Aid:
  • 1) A picture of a tanto.
  • 2) A picture of a wakizashi.
  • 3) How Aamon's hood would look replacing the red with white and black tiger stripes. Original Artist (http://browse.deviantart.com/art/Red-Black-ninja-hoodie-scarf-191511350)

MilkusWolfus

02-26-2013

Lore added!

Review trading!

MilkusWolfus

02-27-2013

Bump for review trades!

MilkusWolfus

02-28-2013

Aamon Classic Skin Artwork done! Tell me what you guys think.

iam PYR0

02-28-2013

unfortunately my review is going to be lack luster more than normal, I don't know what it is but I am finding this a rather hard read. I want to suggest simplifying things because my head is spinning a tad haha. Ok just from looking at the theme and the concept I really like this I have always been a fan of martial arts, and any kind of old era fighting, also I love elementz! I got several in the works right now, but won't be for League I am thinking about making a little game. anyways back to the review, his abilities seem sound and work well together but like i said, i am very confused on how these work probably just missed something but idk. NVM just re read for some reason my mind blank so I understand now lol. okay then anyways. okay few things number wise q has way to low of a cd for it being a free cost and does way to much damage for how short it is, i know u need 5 things, but with it being this low that is rather not hard to do. w needs cd increased way to low for the sustainability it provides, even if its semi situational with terrain. e seems rather strong and op, this is why its a large area silence, yes we can walk out of it but at what cost so please conciser this. i really like your spells and enjoyed them smoke bombs and guerrilla fighter very fun and unique just think more about the numbers. not much for lore or anything else my specialty is kit and numbers, thanks for the opportunity hopefully this review wasn't to bad =( if you want you can still review one of mine but its okay if you don't

MilkusWolfus

02-28-2013

Thanks I was actually looking at [Q] while making him thinking...damn this is gonna do a lot. lol but my thinking was he doesn't have much for reliable damage since some is situational such as his [W].

What about a blind instead of a silence on [E]?

I will definitely look over the cooldowns and scaling if you'd like to take a look at it when your feeling better. =)

Side Note: I looked at Rengar obviously for stat gauging and I'm not sure if the [W] cooldown is that bad. I'll reduce the time untargetable to 1s. How's that?

iam PYR0

02-28-2013

Quote:
MilkusWolfus:
Thanks I was actually looking at [Q] while making him thinking...damn this is gonna do a lot. lol but my thinking was he doesn't have much for reliable damage since some is situational such as his [W].

What about a blind instead of a silence on [E]?

I will definitely look over the cooldowns and scaling if you'd like to take a look at it when your feeling better. =)

Side Note: I looked at Rengar obviously for stat gauging and I'm not sure if the [W] cooldown is that bad. I'll reduce the time untargetable to 1s. How's that?

maybe so but in a way no because your others damage to, their was an unknown what all spells give you ferocity, and how just thought you should ad it kinda like rengar he gains on bolla his aoe and his auto if he doesnt auto tho he doesnt get a stack, if he doesnt hit anyone with the aoe he doesnt get one so it is immportant excuse the spelling errors typing fast and being lazy lol. so with this information I would better be able to tell you what to do with the q in my eyes what im thinking i isnt that hard to get up but i could be wrong because your information isn't listed and this is what you need to realize about cooldowns because it was apparent with a 6 sec q op haha anyways ok here it is to decide flat rate over scaling over ranks in it here is one way to rank the values. a flat rate starts off lower than a ranking does, however the ranking will become lower by the end this is almost in all cases true. so if you want a flat rate even 8 is kinda pushing it but somewhere in the 8-11 mark should be where it is at, now for scaling 14 12 10 8 6 or 11 10 9 8 7 second. and changing it to a blind to be honest i still don't know because it lingers for 4 sec which is a long time and with how it works which i like its just rather strong you throw one, and then forget how many just going to say 3 go around that one now that first one is covering all the area in the center and then the others are basically widening it even further maybe doing something just like the stealth part i mean to be honest if your stealth-ed it doesn't have to cc them and instead of smoke make it ice bombs or something be creative and make them reduce enemies ms and as or something like that

MilkusWolfus

02-28-2013

I like the MS AS reduction. I was just concerned on being too bland and having so many slows on him. I suppose I could drop it from the ulti basic attack modifier but I dont know, I like it.

As for the way he builds ferocity, [Q] is his only reliable ferocity builder, building 1 on hit and 2 if he critically hits with it. Which is why I wanted to keep it's cooldown low/refresh on back stabs. Aamon's ultimate further increases [Q]'s ferocity building power while active to 2 on hit and 4 if he critically hits with it while also building 1 ferocity when he critically hits with his basic attacks during [R].

So Aamon is like an assassin tryndamere. Build critical chance and attack speed to tear through foes. I suppose I can lower the damage on [Q] while maintaining it's spammability for ferocity gain.

I just had a few ideas, Please take a look over him to see what you think. Check change log if you miss something.

MilkusWolfus

03-01-2013

Offering review trades.

MilkusWolfus

03-01-2013

Late night bumpin' if you know what I mean.