Fixes to Matchmaking

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

kennenBalll

02-25-2013

Hi, I am a Gold I player and I noticed that every time I'm about to hit my promotion series for Platinum, the matchmaking system makes your last game extremely unbalanced, in which I mean by giving one team the unfair advantage. This is probably the forth game I've had where I was one game away from my promotion series. Whenever I hit 90+ points I am frequently queued up with Gold V,Gold Gold IV, and Gold III; and on the opposing team they are Plat V, Plat IV, and Plat III, and Gold I. I understand they try to make it challenging for the player in Gold I advance to their promotion series, but then it does seem unfair for the other players who are just Gold V,IV, and III to queue up with people a whole rank above them. Therefore the matchmaking system is a bit off balance. It would be more reasonable if the matchmaking system would evenly distribute the Tier of the players on each team to balance the game experience and also make it equally as challenging.

Selcopa

02-25-2013

No.

Matchmaking does not look at league standings, it goes strictly by your hidden elo, Tier/Division is irrelevant to the matchmaking process.

kennenBalll

02-25-2013

league standings and hidden elo. what is the difference between them? Do league standings not hold a hidden elo, like how they are shown in lolking.net. If you are a Gold I with 100 points, you get a hidden elo of 1850 is that correct? If that is correct, then why would I be matched with a team of Gold III or lower, which is approximately 1500-1650, and matched against a team of Plat V,1850-1950.

Selcopa

02-25-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by iSuckShilt View Post
league standings and hidden elo. what is the difference between them? Do league standings not hold a hidden elo, like how they are shown in lolking.net. If you are a Gold I with 100 points, you get a hidden elo of 1850 is that correct? If that is correct, then why would I be matched with a team of Gold III or lower, which is approximately 1500-1650, and matched against a team of Plat V,1850-1950.
No, nothing you said is correct

zorritoloco

02-25-2013

I feel you man. Last game of my series i got 2 guys of bronze (I, III), 1 guy from silver iv (my division) and a guy (the worst infact) who just was in seeding, he didnt even got in any divisions. WTF.

iRequiem

02-26-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by iSuckShilt View Post
All invalid. Regardless if you're Gold 1 or Gold 5 you can have a MMR of 1500. League Points DOES NOT equal the Matchmaking Rating.