Why can't people admit they made a mistake?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ricky Spanish

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-25-2013

I do it all the time! How else can you improve if you honestly believe that nothing is your fault?

Just played a game to try out Trundle, as he needs some love. I'll be the first to admit that it wasn't a great game on my part. I could have ganked bot more frequently. I should have warded red to avoid having it stolen. I should have taken the enemy wraiths once or twice because their jungler was top. All on me, and that's how I'll get better over time, even if it takes awhile.

But why is it that it seems like I'm the only one willing to admit their mistakes? My top lane Jarman IV Life was crying the entire game about how the enemy jungler was camping his lane after about 10 minutes in. Even after bragging only moments before, all about how their Wukong sucked and how he had nearly 20 cs over him, he didn't even buy a single ward. I bought one for him and tried to countergank, but he ended up backing out and getting killed under his tower a minute later. My bot lane was Pantheon and Sivir because neither wanted to be a support. Again, no wards. They ended up losing their lane almost instantly. Twisted Fate was mid, and he was the only one who ever even considered that a death was his fault. He warded at least a couple of times. He focused on his lane rather than the fight going on in chat. He ganked top at least three times and even burned his ultimate to turn a 1v1 into a 2v1 in the jungle for me. I would love to honor him three times over if I could.

The point I'm trying to get across is this:

Why is it so hard for players to admit that they botched their lane? Why is it that when they push without vision in river and get ganked, it's everyone else's fault? Why is it that Jarhead the Wonder Poodle can ulti into a 3v1 and not expect a Kat, Malphite, and Vayne to drop what they're doing and instagib his ass?

It's a simple concept people. You lose a game, but you don't lose your mind. Take your experience and learn from it. Try having fun instead of fighting with your support about the lack of vision by dragon.

TL;DR - I'm a jungler, not a babysitter. I'll help you if I can, but I need to farm, too. I can't be everywhere at the same time. Believe me, I would love to, but it's just not possible. If you ping, I'll respond so long as you don't go diving them 1v2. And at the end of the game, don't cry and say "bg" because you're mad. Try to suck it up and lose with some dignity.

Attachment 623995 "Oh, and by the way, Mr. AD Carry. I'm not a friggin' ward. Your support isn't a friggin' ward. You want a ward in the river? Well, screw you, jerk. Go chuck your B.F. Sword in the river."

zeemsteR

02-25-2013

It's always the junglers fault... How can I blame my self for losing my lane?

/sarcasm

Snuggleh Jeff

02-25-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by punisherz View Post
It's always the junglers fault... How can I blame my self for losing my lane?

/sarcasm
Pretty much this.

For 40 minutes at a time.

Niqhtmare x

02-25-2013

and how do you know he made a mistake?
maybe he is doing the right thing, but you THINK hes making a mistake
gotta think of every possibility

edit: i didnt read your thread, so im not talking about this particular scenario
just talking about scenarios in general when you think someone made a mistake, but its possible they didnt

example: a lot of times, people will rage at me for not grouping, when it wasnt a good time to group up
they THINK i made a mistake, when i really didnt

Wirius

02-25-2013

I'll admit blame at times.

Then there's that teammate or two who will jump all over you and try to devour you like a piece of meat.

Really guys? I just admitted I screwed up, I obviously feel bad about it. Why are you on my case and now blaming me all game?

I guess some people don't like to admit that they're wrong because there are true aholes out there who think its a good opportunity to make another feel like ****.

Ricky Spanish

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-25-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Niqhtmare x View Post
and how do you know he made a mistake?
maybe he is doing the right thing, but you THINK hes making a mistake
gotta think of every possibility

edit: i didnt read your thread, so im not talking about this particular scenario
just talking about scenarios in general when you think someone made a mistake, but its possible they didnt

example: a lot of times, people will rage at me for not grouping, when it wasnt a good time to group up
they THINK i made a mistake, when i really didnt
Oh don't get me wrong. It's all a matter of how you view the situation and the knowledge you view it with. What I can't understand is how a player can push their lane, not ward once, and question how they got caught by the enemy jungler. It's that mindset that pretty much makes up "elo hell" for the most part.

Redeemed Rivên

02-25-2013

Troll thread guys, just move along.

Ricky Spanish

02-25-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by redeemed rivn View Post
troll thread guys, just move along.
10/10.

Ricky Spanish

02-25-2013

Bump for typical jungle sadness.