What do you ban? 1600~ player

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Wooglet

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Master Recruiter

02-25-2013

People are so stupid in this elo. They always ban Malphite, Amumu every fking time! Can you believe this sh!t?

If i got first pick, i ban kayle, akali, Vi, hecarim, Zed, kha, lux.

What do you ban and why?

Siigari

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-25-2013

I personally ban Vi, Xin, Lux, Kayle, Trynd and once in a very great while, Garen.

Sicksadpanda

02-25-2013

I only ban amumu and malphite, because i'm more worried about my team than myself.

Lulu Loves Me

02-25-2013

im ~1500

I ban Vi Amumu and Kayle

Comonad

02-25-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sicksadpanda View Post
I only ban amumu and malphite, because i'm more worried about my team than myself.
I find that as first ban, you should never ban amumu (or champion X that is commonly banned and considered strong). The reason is that you have first pick, so you don't need to ban him. You can pick him up should the enemy team not ban him. They usually will, so this *gives you an extra ban*.

As second ban, you get the last ban. So save the more common bans like amumu/malphite for last. If the other team bans Amumu, you *gained an extra ban*, because you no longer have to ban Amumu.

Forcing the other team to ban the commonly banned champions is the best way to get mileage out of your own bans.

My Boy Meep

02-25-2013

It all depends on whether we're first pick or second. If we're first, I try to get an "OP" champion that people in Bronze III consider OP...because then the other team complains about it and it makes them play worse, or if we're second pick I ban all the OP's that are considered that down here, or if they are trying to not ban OPs, I can counterban so that two of them are available, making it so my team gets one too.
This game is a lot more psychological than it is mechanics.

SkeithGotBanned

02-25-2013

IDK

Amumu ult is great. And his presence in the teamfight with dispair is insane. He is a very good tank with decent damage.

I ban Shen only because of his global presence.

The third I don't ban.

Housemate

02-25-2013

I would ban Xin, Vi, and Kayle if I had my way. I usually throw in an Amumu or Blitzcrank ban just to sate my teammates.

Ssraeshza Tvyl

02-25-2013

Shen.
Malphite.
Vi.

Anything else is insanity.

hacksR4theweak

02-25-2013

well i'm not 1600 but as a 1450 i usually ban

amumu first: even if i know how to deal with him, my team still cowers in fear because of him, and when he does get a good ult off ,which isn't hard, it changes teamfights. It's mainly that we lack co-ordination more than anything

Blitz second: sorry but that arm is still very powerful, all it takes is 1 good grab before a fight and your team has a huge advantage because its either a forced undesirable engage or an instagib. Also a lot of bots don't adjust their playstyle to him

trynd 3rd: sorry it'll change soon but that splitpush and spam 600+ instant heals...

4t: malph: I DONT THINK HE IS OP, but every single time he hasn't been banned someone on my team goes herr malph ins't banned i'll grab, then proceeds to feed because he has no idea how to play him

5: shen- sorry not enough communication, also people don't take him into account before they start pushing lanes or start fights

6:Zed/elise: not OP but very strong and not many people, including myself, play against them enough to know how to play against them "although i am getting used to elise, i just have to practice"

7: Vi: very annoying for carries, but usually my team gets her so i don't ban her often.