A Suggestion that would make soloque more managable

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ziqo

02-25-2013

...make freshly hit level 30s have to play at least X number of games (let's say 400) to have access to ranked.

Why?

-no full sets of runes
-bad mechanics still, hitting level 30 is like starting the game
-bad itemization, (Graves rushing hurricane into wits end into another hurricanes is not fun to play with)
-bad overall skill, fresh level 30s still have a lot to learn

+1 for agreement?

(of course the thing that provoked me to bring up this argument was a last match where I went 20-7 in yet it did not matter because we had a Graves with very terrible itemization)

Dr Clueless PhD

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-25-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by xMonty View Post
...make freshly hit level 30s have to play at least X number of games (let's say 400) to have access to ranked.

Why?

-no full sets of runes
-bad itemization, (Graves rushing hurricane into wits end into another hurricanes is not fun to play with)

+1 for agreement?
Riot has talked about this before, and proposed a very good argument against it. I'll edit it into this post.

Edit: Basically, you want to lop off the worst players in Ranked. What you don't realize is that someone else now becomes the worst, and they become hated for it. Now, people want to get rid of THOSE players. It's a vicious cycle. Basically, if you start limiting who can play Ranked, there's nothing to stop the community from crying for even more limits. And when the day comes that YOU are cut off from playing for being bad, you'll be fairly upset.

Furthermore, Ranked is not intended for only good players. It's intended for everyone, from the Atmog's Vlad's at 30 Elo to pro players. The ladder needs a bottom. There's no reason to remove the one we have, since it will still have one when you're done.

My Boy Meep

02-25-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by xMonty View Post

Why?

-no full sets of runes

+1 for agreement?
Mehhh...I'd say just have something like 5 wins positive? idk...

Ziqo

02-25-2013

bump

Dr Clueless PhD

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-25-2013

In case you don't believe me that this is Riot's view, as well:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyte View Post
We are actively working on fixing Ranked issues and player behavior issues! Regarding your comments on Ranked, I think there is a common misconception that some players are just not 'ready' for Ranked.

For example, let's say we have 4 tiers of players:
- Peasant
- Footman
- Knight
- Champion of League

Right now, players are suggesting ideas like "Get 300 Wins before you can play Ranked" or "Get 20 Champions before you can play Ranked." This is similar to saying, "Peasants should not play Ranked! They are not skilled enough and not ready! Make it so that only Footman and above can play Ranked!"

However, how does this solve the problem? If we do this then in the future, the Footmen become the worst players in the Ranked Ladder and arguably players will then suggest that Footmen should not be able to play Ranked. This cycle will just perpetuate over and over until only Champions of League can play Ranked Mode.

This goes against the very belief of competitive gaming: all players should be able to participate in Ranked Ladder if they want! However, as I have mentioned before, there are lots of things we still want to do to help transition players from Normal to Ranked Mode. But, I think restricting players from Ranked Mode is not the solution.

I killed Teemo

02-25-2013

There is a good argument for suggesting that players make sure they have 2 full rune pages and a couple of champions for each role because having those things will help you start off better.

That said you can play ranked whenever you want once you hit 30, but if you dive in without getting to the point where you feel comfortable don't complain about elo hell after you get placed into bronze V.

MewOfDoom

02-25-2013

10 wins sounds good. That should be enough for at least some runes.