Never do perfect ascension again!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Star Twister

09-17-2014

This new game mode could be a lot of fun but it isn't for me, I'm too focused on getting the Perfect Ascension icon. The second the other team gets Ascension the game instantly stops being fun for me because now i know i can't get the icon and its all been and will be a waste of time. Attaching any reward to winning a game certain way is a terrible idea unless its a permanent game mode because having a timer hanging over this makes it even more maddening. I've had perfect ascension stoled from me at least 7 times and I get the feeling it will continue to happen. There only has to be 1 poor looser or ass hat who already has the icon and doesn't want anyone else to have it that can and has snipped perfect ascension away at the last minute. and in games where the other team gets Ascension first then I'm left knowing that entire game I going to be a waste of time and no fun escpecially because i cant bring myself to play the game to win knowing I could steal a perfect icon from someone else. And the worst part is is i cant make myself play another game mode because I don't want to miss a chance to get my icon and be done with it.

Please don't ever attach an award to wining a game mode a certain way again it's ruining the game for me.

DeliriousB

09-17-2014

I thought I was the only one who felt this way. Seriously, 34 games later and I still haven't gotten a Perfect Ascension icon. What frustrates me the most is that all my friends are getting it and showing it off on my friends' list. And I KNOW that I I'm a better player than several of them and what pisses me off is they go like, "Oh I got it like my second game without trying, Lol." Half the people getting it are just getting it by pure luck without even shooting for it and here I am spending nights playing Ascension shooting for the icon but having no luck and it just seems to be getting harder to get it as the event moves along. It is incredibly frustrating and stressful knowing that the icon is out of reach no matter how hard I try. And it's not like there hasn't been close calls, I was at 199 pts with Perfect Ascension still going, but at the last moment a Lee Sin decided to steal the icon away by taking Ascension, even though his team was 40 pts behind. It's honestly depressing and this event is the WORST experience I've ever had with League of Legends. I still can't get over it with only 4 days left and me being too busy most of the days to play more than a handful of games. *sigh*

ImpendingDeath

09-17-2014

You're playing a game mode strictly for an icon? No wonder you're not enjoying it.

Auraelle

09-17-2014

I was playing it because it was fun, I had no idea there was anything special for it until I read it on the forums. So I go and check, and what do you know, I got them.

Try not to focus on that part and have fun with it. You're probably psyching yourself out. So worried about that icon rather than playing the game. Try to put the reward out of your mind and enjoy the game.

That game mode is terribly fun, I wish it was a perm addition.

Good luck =)

DeliriousB

09-17-2014

If it was an ugly icon I wouldn't care. I only care cause it's a good looking one. One I can't get cause winning a game with special conditions is a pain. And it's making me hate the mode. I could've been playing ranked or something but no, I got 37 Ascension games and nothing to show for it.

FDru

09-17-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImpendingDeath View Post
You're playing a game mode strictly for an icon? No wonder you're not enjoying it.
These people exist by the thousands, and are a perfect example of why achievements are a terrible idea.

But it's not really their fault, and Riot should know better than to implement stuff like this.

DeliriousB

09-17-2014

I'm like a completionist too so this really hurts me. It's like collecting all but ONE Pokemon in your Pokedex but being unable to get one for a stupid reason. Or like collecting Justice League figures and not having Batman cause he was limited edition for a short time only. It's a really sucky feeling.

DeliriousB

09-18-2014

Finally got my Perfect Ascension Icon after 44 cruel and unforgiving games. But it took A LOT for it to happen. Had a good team comp and team mates who could fight. The enemy Yasuo DC'd early on after dying a few times. And my team was able to take Ascension quickly while the enemy team was down before they could steal it 4 times.The enemy team surrendered 50 pts down instead of being griefers and sniping an Ascension near the end of the game so yeah. LOTS had to happen for me to finally get the icon. And I hope I never have to go through such lengths to get a reward again cause honestly it's stressful.

SylianEUW

09-18-2014

Yeah, I'm inclined to agree with you. I got lucky and we amanged to get matched up against an inferior team early on, and we managed to keep the icon over the game. So I got it before I got the 5 win icon. But still, I can definitely sympathize. I hope Riot never makes the same mistake again.

I also feel that the game mode was a bit redundant. One for All and URF added new, interesting teamcomps. This? This was like Dominion, but less fun. Meh, I'd rather just play Dominion. On the up-side, people who enjoyed this might enjoy Dominion, so maybe we'll get more Dominion players?

Star Twister

09-21-2014

I didn't get it. I've been playing this mode for 6 hours straight and I've had it within my grasp so many times. Gratz Riot you ruined my fun. although i got asked a survey question today that asked if i was only doing ascension for the icon, so riot knows they done goofed and i hope they give the icon to anyone who even came close to getting it because this was some bull****. who got this icon wasn't based on skill, its based on a coin toss. a spin of the roulette wheel where you have to get a super strong team, good bans and people on the other team who aren't completely inconsiderate. I spun the wheel more tims than many and got shafted again and again.