Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Locking in and demanding someone take a tank

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

NibblerPup

10-30-2010

Can we make this bannable or something? Seriously, it's beginning to piss me off. Some **** in my last game locked in as Ryze then demanded someone else take a tank. I went to pick Rammus, but someone else took Cho'Gath, at which point, Ryze started shouting that Ram is ****e and we only needed Cho, despite the fact that Cho stated that he didn't have much experience as a tank.

Long story short, Cho was as bad as he said he was and Ryze kept shouting at him all the way through the match.

This Ryze really got under my skin. Players like that leave a bad taste in my mouth in games like this. >.< I hate it when someone locks in as a squishy then just expects another team mate to take a tank. I've got no problem being the tank, as I love Rammus and Singed, but frankly, I think that if you want a tank on the team you should be prepared to take it yourself.

tl;dr - Guy was acting like **** and it annoyed me.

Paero

10-30-2010

someone kept telling me to pick a tank "no noob dont pick alistar pick a tank"

airphforce

10-30-2010

I already locked in as a carry so clearly I can't be the one who tanks.

bobarabara

10-30-2010

Well you can report him, but he is just not much of a team player, and I don't think that's banable. Just try to stay away from him as this is a sign of being a bad player in general, aka try not to lane with him don't count on him to help you out, just ignore him and play/coordinate with your other 3 teammates to pull off a victory.

IMLOwl

10-30-2010

But I Twizted Fayt. We dun need tank.

NE0 Jets

10-30-2010

i just tanked soraka :P

Simakas

Recruiter

10-30-2010

lol tell me bout it :/
Yesterday 4 guys fastpicks and locks ashe TF Lux and ezreal and 3 of them says oh we need tank some 1 take tank :/ (i took amumu and we won, but that is not the point) :0

Elan Tedronai

10-30-2010

I'll usually lock in as a jungler and then I don't care what people pick. It's normal mode, normal mode is fun mode. If we get a good team makeup, great if not, oh well. I'll have fun in the jungle where the grass is green and the wraiths are pretty.

KaLYoshiKa

10-30-2010

I dislike it when people lock in without anyone else selecting in general. People often take really situational champs (or champs highly reliant on tanks) then expect people other than themselves to be the punching bags while they be *Super Pro K/D*.

Robbynn

10-30-2010

I don't understand that either. If a tank is what the person wants then play a tank. What really makes it worse is when they tell you what tank to play whether you own it or even know how to play it.