Elo Heaven is Real

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

0ne

02-25-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yegg View Post
And to those Diamond players who are saying that the system's too easy to climb...maybe for you it is The system accelerates you to where you belong. Those who do not belong in Diamond will not find the road to be so easy.
Hard to imagine this to be true
I ended with barely 2k elo which should give me a MMR of plat 3
yet even now at diamond 5 and diamond 2, I am gaining 30 per win, and only losing 15
as I have said, i was diamond 5, lost 6 games at 0 lp, then won 1 and was 30lp
+30lp for winning 1, losing 6
diamond 2, I lost 2 games at 0 lp then won 1
+30 lp for winning 1, losing 2
Anyone else seeing problem?

InertBlowfish

02-25-2013

I'm gonna bump this.

0ne

02-25-2013

Thank you

KatarinĂ 

02-25-2013

I wish I was there too
sounds fun

iChaosGod

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-25-2013

I'm gonna bump this but diamond player become diamond for a reason. But the system does reward a lot for being 300 games in. if your gaining 30 lp for your first 50 game like the old elo system did that fine, but you shouldn't be getting that amount 300 games in :O.

Alumenlux

02-25-2013

I was a bit below 2k and I was placed into Plat II. I think I got to Diamond V with a ~2050 MMR (assuming I won/lost 12 a game)

If you're diamond II though I think that's 2200. Diamond III is a bit risky and anything below wouldn't have been diamond without the new system.

I've also noticed my LP gain is a bit higher than my loss (nothing substantial though). That shouldn't be the case as my MMR shouldn't be high enough to warrant high gains (I gain 21-24 and lose 18-21).

Plat is the new gold and Diamond is the new plat but there is no new diamond so all that is left to do is casual play lol

KatarinĂ 

02-25-2013

I just hope they dont create yet another tier between diamond and challenger to accomodate for ppl with 500+ league points in challenger tier

TDW Snowblind

02-25-2013

so if plat+ is heaven(winning 40% of the games to promote)
and Silver/Bronze are hell(have to win 60% of your games to promote)
Then gold is Purgatory.

Mass

02-25-2013

Just like how many golds believe they should be diamond and aren't because they don't deserve it, maybe you're better than you think and deserve diamond.

0ne

02-25-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mass View Post
Just like how many golds believe they should be diamond and aren't because they don't deserve it, maybe you're better than you think and deserve diamond.
I have seen replays of my games and have watched how they play and react to situations much differently then I ever would
For example, I am the type of guy who buys 1 ward early game, forgets to ever place it, and have 1 ward for first 20 minutes in inventory untouched while the other players who deserve diamond have the foresight and intuition to ward places and know precisely when ganks can occur or when to go in, for example top laner watched the play style of his opponent, then warded the top lane brush revealing a gank that could have been fatal for him