Elo Heaven is Real

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

0ne

02-25-2013

This is my experience which proves there is such as thing as Elo Heaven:

Let me begin by saying I know I do not deserve Diamond and when people say they are gold and deserve to be diamond, I believe the reverse to be true for me.
Somehow I ended Season 2 with barely 2000 elo (which is about 200 elo away from diamond at the time)
This placed me directly in Plat 1 (which seemed high)
Amazingly I was able to win 7 games in a row which placed me into promotional series
(Note: one of those games gave 1 league point in order to make sure you deserve to rank up which I did not believe I was)
I lost my first 2 games going 0/2, one more and I would fall out of the series
Fortunately I won the next 3 games, each extremely intense, and was supremely relieved as to finally reaching diamond for my first time ever.
Then I had a bad spree of luck and lost the following 6 games in a row and stayed unaffected at 0lp
Then I won 1 game, got 30lp and was Diamond 5 with 30lp

Overall, I won 11 games and lost 7 which in the old system would have brought me up to about 2050, but instead I somehow got about 2230.
In the games after that, I gained 30lp for a win and lost only 15lp for a loss
This means I can have a 40% win rate and still go up in lp
After this, I kept about a 50 % win rate and rose rapidly to Diamond 2
Please note, I am not a good player by any means, I have played a total of 24 games of support in my life, I cant jungle well, I have lost lanes to silver players in even match up without junglers when i smurf, and I have lost as teemo against garen which should be impossible
Think about that for a minute

It is as if Riot wants high elo player to get higher with a 40% win rate while low elo players are required to have 60%+ win rate to even move at all in their divisions

Proof: http://www.lolking.net/summoner/na/20526353

UPDATE:
Somehow I am now Diamond 1 with 38 points (gaining and losing about 2-5 points per game since diamond 1)
Nearly every game I lose my lane and contribute very little to winning, yet somehow teams in diamond don't care how poorly you play and still are willing and able to carry
Just the other day, I played yorick vs Voyboy's trundle in front of 50,000 people. he massacred me becoming 10/1 in the first 15min yet thankfully our trist bot lane was able to gain a small advantage and because i was yorick, all i did was ult her every fight and watch her carry into victory even when my score was so negative
I have no clue how this is still working. I have even tried playing on my smurf which is gold, and those games are not as easy as I would have thought. Ranking feels more and more like luck then skill when a top 400 player can barely move in gold.
http://www.lolsummoners.com/search?r...&name=thee+one

TL : DR
I am a Diamond 1, who deserves to be in Gold/Plat and keep going up when I rarely contribute to fights, lose my lane most of the time, and have very low map awareness and ward coverage

Niqhtmare x

02-25-2013

they do
i know people who have moved up from plat V to diamond V with only a 40% win rate

here is my thread:
http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/...orello+diamond
with red responses on it

apparently they want the diamond tiers to "fill out", which is kinda retarded if you ask me
they are going to promote lots of people to diamond until the tiers "fill out"

Siigari

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-25-2013

Elo heaven does exist. Believe it or not, you're definitely doing your part in those games. If five of you are winning a game, that means that you did your part to help win.

I JUST DID METH

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-25-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siigari View Post
Elo heaven does exist. Believe it or not, you're definitely doing your part in those games. If five of you are winning a game, that means that you did your part to help win.
must be his attitude, judging from OP's post he must be a cool guy in game
being super positive doesnt exactly get you to diamond though ..

0ne

02-25-2013

I still cant believe I am somehow Diamond 2, playing with all the big names that I see on streams and tournaments, while being a terrible player.
Yesterday, I was in a game with 7 pro players (I was only plat S2)
There were RF Legendary, Yeppo, FallenBandit, The Rain Man, Oasis and a few others
In that game I fed HARD
taric came up to us ALONE and got a double kill on me and blitzcrank lvl 3
after that it snowballed

Seryldan Elite

02-25-2013

I think you may be onto something. However, a majority of the time there is a certain amount of luck involved whether or not you can rank up once you are in "Elo hell". There are some of us who are at the Elo we are at due to poor decision making and lack thereof skills to rank higher (bad positioning, lack of teamwork), but there are times when you are placed with people who are brand new to ranked or do not work with the team (only can do 1 roles and fail at it) making carrying 2 losing lanes extremely hard even if you are the jungler.

Congrats on hitting Diamond though. Losing lane doesnt always mean losing game if your teammates flat out win theirs or your jungler/support is covering team objectives.

0ne

02-25-2013

Might be attitude
I have never surrendered in my life (only times that happens is when 4 others force surrender upon me)
I have honorable ribbon, haven't seen those in a long time (maybe 1-2 per game)
I always tell my team to never give up, never surrender and try to keep their morales up
and always congratulate them when they make plays, and admit that its my fault when i mess up (which happens more then I would like to admit)
This has helped me gain a lot of elo just with that attitude
But there still needs to be some sort of skill required (I am not even close to the skill level of diamond players I play with and quake in fear every time I go play ranked or go against a pro player)

onboardtonowhere

02-25-2013

+1

InertBlowfish

02-25-2013

I love you for posting this.

I actually made a thread about this problem just this morning.

Basically what I'm saying is that when the season started I was Silver II.

I won about 15 games consecutively and ended up Silver I with 85 LP.

I have just over a 50% win rate since then, and am currently about to be demoted to Silver III.

So down two divisions with a 50% win rate.

So much fun.

Here's my lolking for reference: http://www.lolking.net/summoner/na/23249939

0ne

02-25-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Niqhtmare x View Post
they do
i know people who have moved up from plat V to diamond V with only a 40% win rate

here is my thread:
http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/...orello+diamond
with red responses on it

apparently they want the diamond tiers to "fill out", which is kinda retarded if you ask me
they are going to promote lots of people to diamond until the tiers "fill out"
Thanks for explaining
I just hope they dont make challenger the new diamond and create a whole new tier yet again
It feels like too much as it is with 6 tiers, each with 5 divisions and a challenger tier