Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Stop. Banning. Garen and Vlad.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

kyoukitenshi

10-30-2010

Hey guys, I heard Garen and Vlad aren't nearly as threatening as they were like 3 patches ago before the ****storm of nerfs hit them. You might as well ban Shaco, Heimer, Ezreal and Kayle while you're at it.

Seriously, stop it. Garen's not a big deal. Just don't be ******ed and feed him kills. HE'S NOT THAT GREAT ANYMORE.

ryze is hard

10-30-2010

I don't see the big deal with garen anymore, sure his early game laning is ******ed but come late/mid-game his damage is ignorable and he can't initiate for ****, hes rather useless.

Vlad is meh, I've still been able to AP carry but hes lost his touch, but I've never thought hes been ban worthy >.>

kyoukitenshi

10-30-2010

Quote:
ryze is hard:
I don't see the big deal with garen anymore, sure his early game laning is ******ed but come late/mid-game his damage is ignorable and he can't initiate for ****, hes rather useless.

Vlad is meh, I've still been able to AP carry but hes lost his touch, but I've never thought hes been ban worthy >.>

Vlad was ban worthy before Transfusion got nerfed. I played him, he was just stupid. I was sitting halfway across the lane and transing them at their tower while last hitting everything and keeping full health before it got nerfed.

Garen is just a stupid ban. Can he kill you if you're ****ing stupid and walk directly into a bush when Garen and Taric are mia? Yes. Could you just not run into the bush? For the love of god, ****ing yes.

RE Bantos

10-30-2010

Quote:
kyoukitenshi:
Vlad was ban worthy before Transfusion got nerfed. I played him, he was just stupid. I was sitting halfway across the lane and transing them at their tower while last hitting everything and keeping full health before it got nerfed.

Garen is just a stupid ban. Can he kill you if you're ****ing stupid and walk directly into a bush when Garen and Taric are mia? Yes. Could you just not run into the bush? For the love of god, ****ing yes.

The only nerf to Transfusion I remember was a minor loss of 50 range.

It's more of the combination of nerfs to that and to his W that's caused his fall from grace.

c00L3r

Banned

10-30-2010

Yeah better ban twitch and eve.^^

JohnnyW

10-30-2010

A big nerf to Garen people don't think about is the 15% ArP reduction in rune effectiveness.

X0V3RD0S3X

10-30-2010

They need to nerf twitch. He can kill you in 4 hits. Regular attacks.

homeskilit

10-30-2010

Quote:
Bantos:
The only nerf to Transfusion I remember was a minor loss of 50 range.

It's more of the combination of nerfs to that and to his W that's caused his fall from grace.

That 50 range made a big difference. His W change killed his survivability but turns it into a better offensive weapon.

Athain

10-30-2010

Quote:
X0V3RD0S3X:
They need to nerf twitch. He can kill you in 4 hits. Regular attacks.

You can do the same to him, though.

highwinsfe3der

10-30-2010

Garen is still a god in 3v3.

And he's crippling against low elo pubs who don't know what "facecheck" means in 5v5.