Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Last Hitting

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

St0rmCr0w

02-25-2013

I would like to play adc more so I have been practicing last hitting in custom games. I average 7.2 creeps per minute. I take measurements at 5, 10, and 15 minutes with only boots and pots. Is that poor?

Nightwhite3

02-25-2013

I main adc and this is my goal for cs.
80 cs - 10 minutes
100 cs - 15 minutes
150 cs - 20 minutes
200 cs - 30 minutes

Cenerae

02-25-2013

200 cs by 20 minutes is what you ideally would like to aim for. Depending on how much fighting you do with your lane opponents you will likely end up with less than this.

You may want to try with a longsword + pots, or a dorans blade by the way. Boots and 3 potions start isn't as good as it used to be.

Vichar

02-25-2013

It also helps to know your matchups when deciding on starting items. If you have sustain from your support (Sona, Taric, Alistair, Nami, etc.), you might be able to get away with a damage item like the longsword. If, on the other hand, the enemy adc has superior harrass (Cait), or their support has sustain but yours does not, or you haven't yet mastered splitting attention between CS and harass / managing exchanges in bot lane, then you might consider buying lots of health pots. Cenerae is right--don't bother starting with boots. Doing so will put you at a significant disadvantage. Since they buffed starting movement speed and reduced the movespeed boots on boots, getting the boots of speed is no longer a good idea.

In order to have good CS, you don't want to get zoned out or driven out of lane completely. That's why buying lots of health pots to start can be a good idea; it takes much longer to drive you out of lane, even if you aren't as strong of a player as your lane opponent.

I almost never get a doran's blade. The 5 hp back per hit is tiny (30 hits = 1 health pot), and the extra damage is only really important if you plan on killing your lane opponents. Since this is difficult against players that are similar to you in skill (and requires coordination with your support), you might not want to get the doran's blade unless for some reason you KNOW you'll have a massive advantage for some reason.

St0rmCr0w

02-25-2013

Thank you, everyone.