Udyr for those that fail at math

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Boundless Spring

12-03-2009

I love how so many ppl can not do basic math.

Tiger passive nets you more chance for killing blows, imo. It does NOT make it so you get more dmg reduction. Math tards, it is time you use a calculator.

60 base damage against an opponent with 20% dmg reduction.

Tiger passives makes 3 hits of 20.

20 * .8 = 16
so the three hits net 48 damage

60 * .8 = 48.
so the one hit nets 48 damage.

Wow. Hard.

Also, for gods sake. Increased attack speed is part of the passive.

It is also deceptive, the active is a dot and now your attacks are a dot as well. They'll come in see some small hits and not know which is the attack, which is the active, just see numbers flying up everywhere and maybe misjudge how long they should stay.

wildfire393

12-03-2009

Yes, percentage Damage Reduction (including Armor) does not affect Udyr's tiger. However, flat damage reduction (such as the stuff from Masteries, Scion's passive, or Amumu's Tantrum) seems like it would. If he's blocking 5 damage from every attack and you're making three attacks for 20 instead of one attack for 60, you're going to deal 45 instead of 55.

Boundless Spring

12-03-2009

These are rare however. And not for much usually. With the exception of sion, but that is a % chance to do damage reduction.

But true. There items for this?

BrentClagg

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

12-03-2009

Well it would be my assumption that since the on attack items do not work for the 2nd and 3rd hits, that the on attack reductions would only work on the first hit as well.

thehornfreak84

12-03-2009

Flat additions and reductions to stats are added prior to % additions and reductions. It's listed in the game mechanics section I believe. So if you have 60 damage and hit a target with 3 flat reduction and 20% reduction that damage is 60 - 3 = 57 57 * .8 = 45.6 which is 15.2 per hit. The split into threes, as far as i can tell, happens after all calculations have been made. I'm still not sure that all of the skills/items are affecting the damage. If someone can do some studies with lichbane, etc. as well as damage against structures, it may clear up a lot of people's questions. Though I assume most of the items are working with it properly otherwise we would hear a major upcry. Isn't that what forums are for?

ZGBudai

12-03-2009

I thought most people already understood that the 3 hits are mostly for flavor.

Viscid

12-03-2009

I've seen a lot of people bashing on tiger stance but I've been having a lot of success with it, but definitely it is weak early game, you need to farm enough damage items, then it is unstoppable, alternating between tiger and bear you get a lot of damage and stuns in. 40%+ attack speed or whatever the passive is, thats nothing to scoff at. The smaller numbers mean nothing though it may gimp the obsessive sheen builds somewhat. Ive been able to go toe to toe with trynd yi etc no problem. When you switch to tiger stance you get the tiger hast and the stance switch haste for about 60% total

Dracil

12-03-2009

Since procs only happen on the first hit, wouldn't this also cause many abilities to only have 1/3 their power? e.g. lifesteal will only happen on the first hit and do nothing for the last two hits.

Jooce

12-03-2009

Just to clarify something else - People have been saying that the following hits from tiger stance don't crit. This is incorrect.

The numbers won't show big and flashy, but the crit dmg is there. Whether each independent hit has its own chance to crit I haven't figured out yet.

Anyhow it's easy to test. When you're creeping you will notice when your attack says crit, shows big, the usual signs of a crit- Note that number, then you'll see following hits of the same number quite often, but in smaller non-crit fashion.

Nyagamun

12-03-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dracil View Post
Since procs only happen on the first hit, wouldn't this also cause many abilities to only have 1/3 their power? e.g. lifesteal will only happen on the first hit and do nothing for the last two hits.
don't forget the 50% atk? (can't remember exact number) speed buff he gets from tiger passive...this makes it so lifesteal is still over-all less effective, but not as useless as people are making it out to be...it also means that procs are in fact MORE effective in tiger since even though he is splitting his attack (which would actually not HURT proc% since your proccing hit still would be happening just as often) he is still using that first *proc* attack more often...e.g armor reduction procs, sword of the divine

in fact, other than life steal, what proc item WOULDN'T benefit from being in tiger stance