Dear Riot, Please don't fall to greed.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ituralde

02-25-2013

Despite its horrifyingly toxic community and massive learning curve, League of Legends is definitely on of my favorite games, ever. One of my favorite parts about it is the fact that players who spend money don't have advantage against players who don't.

Even the things that you can get for a slight advantage (Runes, extra champions, etc) can eventually be earned by playing enough.

The other day my friend mentioned having skins change the abilities and strengths of champions, and while he thought it was a great idea, I disagreed for obvious reasons.

Riot, please promise us that this kind of thing will NEVER happen. The day that someone can spend money to have an advantage over me is the day I will stop playing this (currently fantastic) game.

Lycaeus

02-25-2013

I highly doubt they will ever allow skins to add abilities or stats. Skins as they are are enough of a status symbol.

But, that said, Riot is a profit focused company, greed is a natural aspect of business.

Firefly Captain

02-25-2013

Massive Learning Curve?

Do you even DoTA? League is one of the easiest MOBAs to pick-up, and that's a good thing, because it caters to the casual gamer, but is still difficult enough to master such that it has a thriving pro scene going for it.

Simply Craig

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-25-2013

They make plenty of money on making skins, I don't see any need to unbalance the game with them selling things that give unfair advantages and I think that would drive MANY MANY players away from the game.

Ituralde

02-25-2013

@Jarvan: You're right. Having played both Dota and Smite, LoL is the easiest of the three. But, MOBAs as a genre are far from easy when compared to other games. Eveyone I've ever met (IRL) has required 100-200 games to get a feel for the game, and when you think about that, it's between 50-150 hours. Just to get a feel for the game. A lot of console games don't even last that long.

@Craig: That's kind of the point I was trying to make. I think their business model is good, and doesn't need changes like the one my friend talked about.