Making Ranked Role picking better

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Simply Craig

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-25-2013

Maybe Riot can implement something before you queue, where you select your role. If you ONLY mid, then select only mid and wait in line to get a queue. If you fill other roles select the roles you play. When in Champ Select show the role they were picked to play according to the people they got queue'd with.

Maybe even have a main role and then others are secondary roles. Although of course this will not fix anything because trolls will check support for instant ques and pick whatever they want. But at least in this case they can be reported and punished for this behavior.

Just an idea. (Yes, idea just like World Of Warcraft)

Another thing might be pregame kicking. If 1 player is clearly trolling or refusing to be cooperative with the team, and all of the other 4 players vote kick this player, they are forced to leave queue and get their 30 minute ban for ranked games. I understand a possible abuse of this, but you could punish for abuse of this system and in Duo/Solo queue I think this would be very effective.

Just trying to think of ways to make the community better, please respond constructively and maybe we can figure this situation out.

gankas kon

02-25-2013

this cements a meta which riot said they would never allow

Dr Clueless PhD

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-25-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simply Craig View Post
Maybe Riot can implement something before you queue, where you select your role. If you ONLY mid, then select only mid and wait in line to get a queue. If you fill other roles select the roles you play. When in Champ Select show the role they were picked to play according to the people they got queue'd with.

Maybe even have a main role and then others are secondary roles. Although of course this will not fix anything because trolls will check support for instant ques and pick whatever they want. But at least in this case they can be reported and punished for this behavior.

Just an idea. (Yes, idea just like World Of Warcraft)

Another thing might be pregame kicking. If 1 player is clearly trolling or refusing to be cooperative with the team, and all of the other 4 players vote kick this player, they are forced to leave queue and get their 30 minute ban for ranked games. I understand a possible abuse of this, but you could punish for abuse of this system and in Duo/Solo queue I think this would be very effective.

Just trying to think of ways to make the community better, please respond constructively and maybe we can figure this situation out.
This is thread #178491748923174890123748903217489320 with this idea.

Riot has talked about this before. Doing this hard-codes the meta into the game. Riot does not want to do that. There are other reasons, but this is the big one. If the meta will some day evolve, they want to let it. That's how we got here in the first place.

Simply Craig

02-25-2013

Not sure why though.

*EDIT* sorry for re-posting it, I guess I don't normally read the forums