Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

RIOT PLS. What is wrong with the League system?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Shibbi Shwing

02-25-2013

So I'm trying to crawl out of Bronze 1 and into Silver. I've been close for days. I win far, far more games than I lose since the new system, and over all I am very pleased with the new sense of linear progression and the system in general.

But this is bananas. I've been between 70 and 99 points in Bronze 1 for days. Last night, I win 4 games in a row and go from 84 to 98 points. 4 wins only got me 14 points. The last two were worth 3 and 2 points respectively. So I'm at 98 points, excited to finally be up for a promotion following this victory - but low and behold, our support Teemo and ADC Varus decide to troll all game and force a loss. After spending hours winning games and getting almost no point gain from them - 14 points for 4 games - I lose 19 points for this single loss.

What the hell? How is that right? How does that make sense? 1 loss literally not only undid the entire value of 4 victories, but made me lose even more points than I gained!

Can I please have a Rioter involved with the new system comment on the variables that can lead in to such an atrocity? This is demoralizing, and I have almost no interest to continue playing ranked when the game seems to never want me to advance.

Shibbi Shwing

02-25-2013

In fact, according to this post (from last week) this shouldn't even be happening anymore. Why then is it still happening?

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?p=34734623#34734623

Shibbi Shwing

02-25-2013

Damn, this board moves fast.

HuskarDc

02-25-2013

I feel like the new league system insults my intelligence by hiding rating factors from me. Showing me stats like best Eo, lowest Elo, and maybe a moving average Elo (like average Elo over the last 30 games) would be far better than some "league".

Shibbi Shwing

02-25-2013

Quote:
HuskarDc:
I feel like the new league system insults my intelligence by hiding rating factors from me. Showing me stats like best Eo, lowest Elo, and maybe a moving average Elo (like average Elo over the last 30 games) would be far better than some "league".

I like the system, the other numbers are arbitrary to a degree. What I don't like is how the system feels incredibly unrewarding and frustrating when it definitely shouldn't.

Shibbi Shwing

02-25-2013

Play one game today and lost. 17 point loss. Win 4 games in a row, be on an overall winning streak with a higher win than loss rate, gain 14 points. Lose 2 in a row, lose almost 40. I demand an explanation for this garbage.

Trace Excalibur

02-25-2013

Assuming I'm remembering it properly, I read a Riot post in another thread that said the system gains are based partially on your now-hidden ELO. So if your League progression says you should be in Silver, but your ELO says you shouldn't, the system lowers the LP gains so you don't end up in a League that doesn't properly represent your playing ability.

It seems kind of unintuitive, though. If people are getting less LP because the game doesn't think they should be in a higher bracket yet, it could at least tell them that's what's happening.

Shibbi Shwing

02-25-2013

Another loss, -19 points. So in grand total over the last week I've had 2-3 5 game win streaks where I gain a total 20-30 points in total, and then a single loss where I lose 19 points. How is this system right or fair? I've never been the highest rated player, but this has got to be ****ing bull****.

I can't see any reason to continue playing when I can dedicate 5-6 hours to winning and then have one 30 minute game ruin an entire days worth of wins just because some ass decided this was the game he's gonna troll in.

In 3 losses, I've lost almost >>>>60<<<<< points. In 18 wins I barely gained 100. Riot, please, explain this to me.

Shibbi Shwing

02-25-2013

Do Rioters even post outside of business hours? I don't even know. I've never been aggravated enough to come to the forums to complain before.

Boltbreak

02-25-2013

I'm kind of sick of this problem as well... I get into a new tier and start at 0 LP, I earn 12 LP over 3 victories. One loss and i get back to 0.. It sucks so hard.