Akali really needs a nerf

123
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

NightFire666

Senior Member

02-25-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by JarlaxelBaenre View Post
holy **** thats a TL,DR ... but no, akali doesn't need nerfs, she just got some on both her passives, actually. Anyways, if you let her snowball on you and don't get to late-game, sure, she's strong. But that's your fault.

she's a little weak in the HP-stacking meta, if you ask me, like most other burst assassins.

She's an AP burst assassin. Like all other AP champs, that know how to play the ****ing game, they build things like Deathfire and Liandrys to burn through health.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

No Pawns Dawns

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

02-25-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by NightFire666 View Post
Was told I can't just say someone is OP/UP. I have to give a way to fix the champ. So I did just that.

Mr and/or Vision Ward > Akali
Smart positionning + Vision Ward > Akali, Twitch, Eve, Shaco, Wukong.

You can't smart position someone with 4 flashes that can turret dive since she builds tank.
I appreciate the effort in your ideas in the original post...it's just that she has counterplay without the nerfs you are suggesting. There is a decent pool of champions that really, really outclass Akali in lane. Pick one that you are comfortable with and go extremely aggressive on her early.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

NightFire666

Senior Member

02-25-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by No Pawns Dawns View Post
I appreciate the effort in your ideas in the original post...it's just that she has counterplay without the nerfs you are suggesting. There is a decent pool of champions that really, really outclass Akali in lane. Pick one that you are comfortable with and go extremely aggressive on her early.
The problems is these champions.

Annie, Lee, Anivia, Kass, and many others do not do enough damage early on compared to akali. Unless Riot wants to go through the trouble of buffing every champ that counters her. Which I doubt this will bother trying to do, she will be nerfed. I'm just trying to lessen the burden on them.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Blaine Tog

Senior Member

02-25-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by NightFire666 View Post
Since the recent changes to her passive, shes been really strong early and continues to get strong. Previously her passive required her to get some farm in before being able to be active.
No it didn't. That was never the idea. Akali players just had dedicated runes/masteries tuned to activate her passive from level 1, and even if you didn't it just meant you had to start with a longsword or amp tome.

In all seriousness, this is a L2P issue. Akali got some help from the S3 changes to preference health over MR over other assassins (her spellvamp is better now) but she's still plagued by the problems that kept her under control in S2. Drop a vision ward, peel for your carries, and don't feed her early. She can't rip through them in teamfights unless she's gotten ridiculously far ahead or your tanks/supports are terrible.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ScrubbingitOut

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

02-25-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wulf Of Highland View Post
Shes an Assassin she was designed to ****ing kill you.
isnt that what they said about khazix, personally i dont think she deserves a nerf, but riot on the other hand hates assassins


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ansaa

Member

02-25-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kroda13 View Post
Vision Ward > Akali
Stop saying this. A vision ward does not stop her damage, it just stops her stealth.

Akali may not need a nerf (I'm not qualified to say whether someone is OP or not) but I hate it when I see stuff like this.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

March of Dimes

Senior Member

02-25-2013

Yeah, I couldn't believe that Riot buffed her w/ that passive change. She's been strong this whole time...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ansaa View Post
Stop saying this. A vision ward does not stop her damage, it just stops her stealth.

Akali may not need a nerf (I'm not qualified to say whether someone is OP or not) but I hate it when I see stuff like this.
This. Does a ward remove her free magic resist/armor? Does it prevent her from 2-shotting my carry on only sorc shoes and a giant's belt? Does it take away her 3 gap closers? No.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

No Pawns Dawns

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

02-25-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by NightFire666 View Post
The problems is these champions.

Annie, Lee, Anivia, Kass, and many others do not do enough damage early on compared to akali. Unless Riot wants to go through the trouble of buffing every champ that counters her. Which I doubt this will bother trying to do, she will be nerfed. I'm just trying to lessen the burden on them.
Are you really saying Lee Sin doesn't have early game damage? Have you ever tried this match up in lane? She is outclassed from level 1 on....I personally prefer to take Lee Sin against her, or beefier champs like Ryze and Swain. I haven't really tried Annie or Aniv. Cho Gath is also a fun one.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

NightFire666

Senior Member

02-25-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaine Tog View Post
No it didn't. That was never the idea. Akali players just had dedicated runes/masteries tuned to activate her passive from level 1, and even if you didn't it just meant you had to start with a longsword or amp tome.

In all seriousness, this is a L2P issue. Akali got some help from the S3 changes to preference health over MR over other assassins (her spellvamp is better now) but she's still plagued by the problems that kept her under control in S2. Drop a vision ward, peel for your carries, and don't feed her early. She can't rip through them in teamfights unless she's gotten ridiculously far ahead.

That wasn't the idea, but that is what happened. If this is truly a L2P issue, then we are all screwed. Her damage output is (Again for the 100th time) too high at lower levels. Akali doesn't drop her shroud at times, so having a Vision is almost useless. She isn't like Twitch or Eve who are both very manageable stealth champions. She can get to the ADC in an instant and back away in the very same instant after killing 3 champs on the enemy team.

Even if early on she's destroyed a champ kill will bring her back up and she will start devastating.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

NightFire666

Senior Member

02-25-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by No Pawns Dawns View Post
Are you really saying Lee Sin doesn't have early game damage? Have you ever tried this match up in lane? She is outclassed from level 1 on....I personally prefer to take Lee Sin against her, or beefier champs like Ryze and Swain. I haven't really tried Annie or Aniv. Cho Gath is also a fun one.

Yeah, I went against Lee a lot when I played her pre buff. And even if I did lose the early, around mid late I would destroy him no problem. Using the shroud was more of a way to slow him down a bit.


123