LoL does not promote teamwork, it encourages me to FIGHT against my teammates

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

xRemnant

02-25-2013

I must be playing a different game. Take a break, breath in and out. Relax, is just a game. Win some, lose some. Be nice. Compliment people. Encourage people. If someone takes the role you want, pick a different one. If someone struggling, help them.

The fact you saying you fight them and then go on a tantrum of negative things just show how much lack of tolerance you have now. Time to enjoy life! Come back when your patience jar is full. Not everyone is as gifted at gaming as you (if you are).

BroBax

02-25-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Genericke View Post
I'm a silver player. It's a bit better than bronze level play but still pretty bad.

If I don't play this way, I get screwed over. I have to be selfish. I have to look out for my own interests, because no one else is going to.

Don't get me wrong, it's not like I'm insulting my teammates or barraging them with verbal abuse the entire match. I just can't coordinate them to do things, because they always think they know what's best. Because they have pride, and they can't swallow it for 2 seconds to do the right thing.
Then you are being a hypocrite. The way you are looking at it isn't going to help or change anything.

Genericke

02-25-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroBax View Post
Then you are being a hypocrite. The way you are looking at it isn't going to help or change anything.
I've tried making the change through leading by example. It doesn't work. I made this thread so riot knows that it has to step up to the plate to make some changes. This goes beyond tribunal banning only the absolute worst of the player base, or a pointless honor system designed to encourage good behaviour. This is an issue, and it has to change, because right now the system is rewarding the ******bags.

Cards and Dice

02-25-2013

Fortunately, I've been lucky enough that it only happens in about half of my games. However, I agree, the community has become toxic. I mean, I had to deal with a guy who banned NIDALEE and said that she was standard ban. WTF!? Anyways, half of my games involved a teammate or more fighting while feeding, and I have to intervene during arguments, thinking that I, being the most fed while everyone else is feeding, would be given more respect and honored in the request to pick it up and stop raging.

Obviously, they rage at me or ignore me. It feels like a 4v6 or even a 1v9 in extreme cases. I still suck it up like a man and trying to be as positive and constructive as possible, but I've found myself snapping at BM and trolls occasionally.

LoL has become the ruins of its former self. Community-wise, mostly, but in other aspects too.

We're still looking for that Karma and Janna buff. Oh, Darius got nerfed? Okay, where are the actually important balance changes?

Exort Quas Wex

02-25-2013

I FIGHT against that support Lina that that nukes the creepwave everytime she has mana to do so.

I FIGHT against my team that plays bad on purpose when I try to play Meepo, then blame me for not destroying their team 1v5.

I FIGHT my early game team that refuses to push towers when we're ahead, then proceed to lose because freaking Crystal Maiden wanted to farm an Aghanim's Scepter and now their Phantom Lancer has Manta Style, Heart of Tarrasque and Diffusal Blade.

I FIGHT russians that refuse to communicate in english, even though I know they can speak a little bit of it.

I FIGHT the supports that buy one set of wards and then never again during the rest of the match.

I FIGHT carries that refuse to listen to pings and don't save for buybacks. Now we have to wait 1:30m for him to respawn and cannot hold towers against their farmed Lycan with Necronomicon lvl 3, Black King Bar, Vladimir's Offering and Assault Cuirass.

That's the DotA I fell in love with.
Now LoL has it easy. Can't play the role you want? Be happy you know that there will be a support. There will be someone to do burst damage, that there will be a beefy guy with CC to initiate fights. Be happy that there are items to increase your passive gold and you can rank up a lot of gold as support as soon as teamfights start, while being tanky enough to survive it because LoL has a lot of good cost-effective support items. A lot of people say that the meta sucks, but at least it makes sure that you don't lose the game at the draft and there's always chance for outplays.

Oh, and we have a Tribunal. Effectiveness apart, it make so you cannot be a jerk forever. You haven't been initiated to pain until you heard swears in russian, english and spanish at the same time for trying to point the team to objective's and they won't listen because you're playing support and they have the argument that if they're getting the kills, it's them who are playing right.

Genericke

02-25-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exort Quas Wex View Post
I FIGHT against that support Lina that that nukes the creepwave everytime she has mana to do so.

I FIGHT against my team that plays bad on purpose when I try to play Meepo, then blame me for not destroying their team 1v5.

I FIGHT my early game team that refuses to push towers when we're ahead, then proceed to lose because freaking Crystal Maiden wanted to farm an Aghanim's Scepter and now their Phantom Lancer has Manta Style, Heart of Tarrasque and Diffusal Blade.

I FIGHT russians that refuse to communicate in english, even though I know they can speak a little bit of it.

I FIGHT the supports that buy one set of wards and then never again during the rest of the match.

I FIGHT carries that refuse to listen to pings and don't save for buybacks. Now we have to wait 1:30m for him to respawn and cannot hold towers against their farmed Lycan with Necronomicon lvl 3, Black King Bar, Vladimir's Offering and Assault Cuirass.

That's the DotA I fell in love with.
Now LoL has it easy. Can't play the role you want? Be happy you know that there will be a support. There will be someone to do burst damage, that there will be a beefy guy with CC to initiate fights. Be happy that there are items to increase your passive gold and you can rank up a lot of gold as support as soon as teamfights start, while being tanky enough to survive it because LoL has a lot of good cost-effective support items. A lot of people say that the meta sucks, but at least it makes sure that you don't lose the game at the draft and there's always chance for outplays.

Oh, and we have a Tribunal. Effectiveness apart, it make so you cannot be a jerk forever. You haven't been initiated to pain until you heard swears in russian, english and spanish at the same time for trying to point the team to objective's and they won't listen because you're playing support and they have the argument that if they're getting the kills, it's them who are playing right.
First off, I think LoL has PLENTY of games that are lost at champ select, but that's not the point.

Dota is not LoL. It's a different game in a similar genre. It's the differences in between the two that make me prefer LoL, and it's the differences that will make LoL pull ahead for me in between the two. There's a clear issue, and LoL has to address it. Just because another game has this same issue, and possibly worse, doesn't mean I should be "thankful" that it's less worse in the game that I play.

MrGrimm999

The Council

02-25-2013

The language and emotion that you use to describe how strongly you feel that you have to fight your own team is a pretty good indicator that you are doing it wrong, and that you are in your own elo hell because of it.

Don't be negative and think about arguing with your team in a negative way. You should always try to be positive, encouraging an atmosphere where your team can thrive and work together to acheive the win, even if that means putting your own desires (role choices) aside, or taking the blame for something you didn't do, just to keep the team emotionally together and not trolling one another.

If you create a team that has a high morale, and wants to win, this will help you to win the game 100X more than you getting the role you are best at.

Exort Quas Wex

02-25-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Genericke View Post
First off, I think LoL has PLENTY of games that are lost at champ select, but that's not the point.

Dota is not LoL. It's a different game in a similar genre. It's the differences in between the two that make me prefer LoL, and it's the differences that will make LoL pull ahead for me in between the two. There's a clear issue, and LoL has to address it. Just because another game has this same issue, and possibly worse, doesn't mean I should be "thankful" that it's less worse in the game that I play.
Yeah, I know, but usually in LoL people are more prone to compensate the faults of the team during selection. AD Nidalee top? Well, we'll need a good initiator for teamfights, then. Let's pick Amumu, Sej or Nautilus in the Jungle and Sona or Leona for bot lane. Maybe Viktor or Annie mid for teamfight control!
My point is that in all game's you'll find something to rage about. I could have made a comparison to CoD, TF2 or even an MMORPG. Empathy is not something Riot can force into the game code. Mistakes, bad plays, bad calls and lack of social skills will be found in any game you play. And to be frank, LoL has one of the best behaved communities I've found. Oh, and I play the Brazilain server, which is considered to be the worst.

Genericke

02-25-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrGrimm999 View Post
The language and emotion that you use to describe how strongly you feel that you have to fight your own team is a pretty good indicator that you are doing it wrong, and that you are in your own elo hell because of it.

Don't be negative and think about arguing with your team in a negative way. You should always try to be positive, encouraging an atmosphere where your team can thrive and work together to acheive the win, even if that means putting your own desires (role choices) aside, or taking the blame for something you didn't do, just to keep the team emotionally together and not trolling one another.

If you create a team that has a high morale, and wants to win, this will help you to win the game 100X more than you getting the role you are best at.
At no point did I ever claim I was "stuck in elo hell" or anything so ridiculous. Nor have I ever told you that I was arguing with my team in a negative way (or even arguing with them in the first place). I've never ended up in the tribunal before. I also have a tonne of teamwork and friendly honors for how I am as a player.

I've stated multiple times in this thread, in the first post, and in my replies that I've tried being positive. I main support now because I'm good at it, and it's the least contested role. It still bugs the hell out of me when I have to beg my teammates to be compassionate human beings who are committed to teamwork. I'm reduced to the point where I just do my best as a support and **** on the enemy bot lane. Even with my wards, my plays, and my saves, I still can't will 4 other players into helping me do the right thing. I should've had to beg my teammates to push down an open inhib right after we've killed 3/5 of their team.

But I'm not mother Therasa. It shouldn't be my job to ease the hurt feelings of the revive/smite Heimer, so he locks in an actual pick. It shouldn't be my job to stick up for teammates when others are verbally abusing them. Why is it that I'm spending so much of my games trying to psychologically manipulate my teammates into doing the right thing, instead of playing the game like it should be played?

FluffTrooper

02-25-2013

Changing all those 'I's to 'we's would probably help for both you and the people you talk about, going into a team game with an I mentality is going to hurt everyone, and is the reason that phrase about no I in team exists.