Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

LoL does not promote teamwork, it encourages me to FIGHT against my teammates

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Genericke

02-25-2013

It's my vs. my teammates, and I have to beat them. It all starts at champ select.

I FIGHT them for the role that I want. I FIGHT them not to get stuck into a role that I've either played too much of, or that I'm not good at. I'm a terrible jungler. I can do it, just not at an acceptable level for the elo that I am at.

I FIGHT that moron who locks in revive/smite Heimer because he didn't get the role that he wanted.

I FIGHT them to ban that champions, and not Darius or someone pointless who's easily countered when first picked.

I FIGHT them to communicate and coordinate with me.

I FIGHT them to stop talking in chat so much, and beg them to keep playing so they can CS better and pay more attention to the map. Quite often they're *****ing at each other, which makes them lose even harder.

I FIGHT them to pay attention to wards. I FIGHT them not to dive into the enemy team. I FIGHT them to not get caught out of position. I FIGHT to convince them to take important objectives. I FIGHT them to go b when they're within flash+ignite death range.

I FIGHT them to not spam surrenders too early in games that are winnable, while also not denying surrenders when games are clearly over, but are being prolonged for unbearable reasons.

I FIGHT my teammates, because cooperating with them doesn't work. They are selfish, they only want what's best for themselves. It's a dog eat dog world, and to them I'm a random stranger that's impeeding their success. I've tried to do my best. I've tried to be nice, I've tried to negotiate roles, I've tried defending my jungler who got invaded early, only for him to snap at me as well. When I try and look out for others, others bury me. That is why I look out for myself. Because no one else will. I do what I want, and I do it my way.

It's me against the enemy team. But most importantly it's me against my enemy teammates who impede what I need to do to win.

Miles Long

02-25-2013

Welcome to the League of Legends.

Genericke

02-25-2013

Quote:
Miles Long:
Welcome to the League of Legends.

This is not the league that I fell in love with. This is not the standard that we should accept for League of Legends.

NA Bax

02-25-2013

Quote:
Genericke:
It's my vs. my teammates, and I have to beat them. It all starts at champ select.

I FIGHT them for the role that I want. I FIGHT them not to get stuck into a role that I've either played too much of, or that I'm not good at. I'm a terrible jungler. I can do it, just not at an acceptable level for the elo that I am at.

I FIGHT that moron who locks in revive/smite Heimer because he didn't get the role that he wanted.

I FIGHT them to ban that champions, and not Darius or someone pointless who's easily countered when first picked.

I FIGHT them to stop talking in chat so much, and beg them to keep playing so they can CS better and pay more attention to the map. Quite often they're *****ing at each other, which makes them lose even harder.

I FIGHT them to pay attention to wards. I FIGHT them not to dive into the enemy team. I FIGHT them to not get caught out of position. I FIGHT to convince them to take important objectives. I FIGHT them to go b when they're within flash+ignite death range.

I FIGHT them to not spam surrenders too early in games that are winnable, while also not denying surrenders when games are clearly over, but are being prolonged for unbearable reasons.

I FIGHT my teammates, because cooperating with them doesn't work. They are selfish, they only want what's best for themselves. It's a dog eat dog world, and to them I'm a random stranger that's impeeding their success. I've tried to do my best. I've tried to be nice, I've tried to negotiate roles, I've tried defending my jungler who got invaded early, only for him to snap at me as well. When I try and look out for others, others bury me. That is why I look out for myself. Because no one else will. I do what I want, and I do it my way.

It's me against the enemy team. But most importantly it's me against my enemy teammates who impede what I need to do to win.

You sound just as bad as the people you describe. Selfish.

Miles Long

02-25-2013

Quote:
Genericke:
This is not the league that I fell in love with. This is not the standard that we should accept for League of Legends.

I agree, but it seems like Riot and the community at large don't care.

Lazenby

02-25-2013

Learn to be a better jungler. It is the best position to carry from right now.

Dr Clueless PhD

02-25-2013

Quote:
Genericke:

It does seem this way, doesn't it?

I've gotten so fed up with it that I almost exclusively play premade now. Even then, if you can't fill all 5, you're going to get the jungler who feeds buffs to every lane and uses Smite to take blue from your Cassiopeia WHILE DRAGON IS UP SO YOU LOSE IT. I'm bitter about a game a couple nights ago.

mnso

02-25-2013

poor good cant win over poor evil thats what this game proves, being accessible so easy for everyone also you must be a bronze player.

FOODFOOD

02-25-2013

Sounds more like a personal problem and your inability to adapt. Riot's doing a pretty good job at keeping it non-hostile. It's all about perception I suppose.

Genericke

02-25-2013

Quote:
mnso:
also you must be a bronze player.

I'm a silver player. It's a bit better than bronze level play but still pretty bad.

Quote:
BroBax:
You sound just as bad as the people you describe. Selfish.

If I don't play this way, I get screwed over. I have to be selfish. I have to look out for my own interests, because no one else is going to.

Quote:
FOODFOOD:
Sounds more like a personal problem and your inability to adapt. Riot's doing a pretty good job at keeping it non-hostile. It's all about perception I suppose.

Don't get me wrong, it's not like I'm insulting my teammates or barraging them with verbal abuse the entire match. I just can't coordinate them to do things, because they always think they know what's best. Because they have pride, and they can't swallow it for 2 seconds to do the right thing.