How do you choose lanes in higher elo ranked?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Spald

02-25-2013

Is it still just a spam fest of everyone calling mid/top as soon as the champ select screen loads? Is support still typically reserved for whoever doesn't "call" a role?

Most importantly, do people typically honor the "call" system?

Checkerama

02-25-2013

If you call a lane it's supposed you'll pick a character that is viable in that lane.

I'm not an expert player or anything, **** I'm still working on getting lv 30 (got 4 accounts at 20+ for bans because of overheating computer [FIXED]), but usually:

mid is reserved for the AP, bot must have 2, and one must be a ranged AD (i guess ap could work too)

Top can be soloed by a bruiser, or a tank (I use garen and win almost every time)

Then junglers usually have good survivability, like warwick

LogicalTautology

02-25-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spald01 View Post
Is it still just a spam fest of everyone calling mid/top as soon as the champ select screen loads? Is support still typically reserved for whoever doesn't "call" a role?

Most importantly, do people typically honor the "call" system?
From my experience in watching high-elo streams, no one "calls" anything at all. When it's a person's turn to pick, they pick their lane and lock in. Repeat until all five people have locked in.

SHMEEPS phd

02-25-2013

once you're out of bronze, the pick order starts to become the preferred method. everyone calls a lane then there's a quick discussion about who's going where. but pick order ultimately decides it.

I'm in silver 5, and when I call jungle I just say "jungle pref, no ADC"

that way everyone knows what I want and don't want, but I'm not saying "IM JUNGLE FU"

there are some growing pains during the transition to pick order. you get a lot of first picks locking a lane before saying anything in chat which just blows up the game because everyone starts arguing. sometimes, even after talking it out, fist pick gets a lane then 5th pick trolls because they didn't get their spot. that just come with the territory and improves as you move up the ladder and weed out bad kids and trolls. Also, at higher skill levels, people are more competent at positions that aren't their main role.