How does new ranked system work?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ProbableLoss

02-25-2013

I don't know how, but it's worse than the previous system. Last season I was only silver, but I was high enough (a little above 1300) to be what I considered out of ELO hell, and then when season 3 finally rolled around I was placed in bronze 3. How does ELO 1300 scale to bronze 3?

Whatever, I said to myself, "self, maybe that's where you belong, let's get into a game." I got mid ryze my next game vs a lux. I got countered on the last pick, and of course I was prepared for a lot of defensive playing so I started with boots to avoid skill shots. But something was wrong. She was hitting nothing. Ever. And spamming her spells on minions, apparently under the impression that a doran's ring would give her infinite mana forever. By level 4 she was constantly at no mana, and I finally decided to put the hurt on her. I killed her 4 times before she hit level 8 (I was level 11 by now). And a lot of my games went like this.

I mercilessly slaughtered whoever I was against, and I was ALWAYS the flex role, which often meant I was support, but even then I rarely "lost" my lane and if it was a "lost" lane, I just got out farmed, or lost a turret due to constant ganks because I had been pushing lane too hard early.

What I'm getting to here is that my ONLY losses result from ****ty team mates, and I was actually just demoted because I've lost an insane amount of games due to horrible horrible players, despite now knowing I'm much better than anyone in any of those games. I've had games where I get myself to 3 or more kills with no deaths and I still can't carry because the other lanes feed. It's as if riot gives me horrible players and wants me to carry. One of my latest, and best, examples was top lane olaf vs singed. I knew I was in for a good time because of the matchup and the guy most likely went into his lobby, cried, "top plz" then selected singed immediately. My team said I could do top with olaf knowing I'd beat him down.

This game I went on a 3 kill streak, every time singed came into lane, I zoned him, or, killed him when he got close. It really wasn't hard and I would have won even more if he hadn't been hugging the turret. But suddenly, problem.

Fiddlesticks managed to lose to a katarina, feeding her 5 kills. Our amumu in jungle never landed ANY bandage tosses. He fed 4 kills during ganks. MF fed 6 kills but taric managed to not die, he seeming to the only other competent player. I ended the game with 3-7 because I simply couldn't fight them, and they were all busy fighting each other so no one was prepared to fight because everyone was typing.

That game got me demoted to bronze 4. The lowest of the low in league. Also, as a side note, I've been breaking the summoner's code like a mother ****er. I constantly harass people now, even going so far as telling themselves to hang themselves. WHEN (not if, because the people I play are so ****ing awful) I am having a good game, and my team is feeding, I join the party and just suicide dash into a turret. Feeding a good 5-10 kills before going afk. I've done this at least 10 games now.

Guess what? No bans, no temporary punishments. You know what that says to me? If someone feeds or goes afk and ruins the game for me and I click ban and type out a thoughtful albeit angry message, that ****ING SCRUB that's keeping me tied in this ****ty league isn't being punished either.

Think about that, I've done it so often and so frequently I should have gotten into some kind of trouble right? Well, I haven't. I almost hope I do, because I try to stop playing but I just keep coming back here because I'm better at it than I am at DOTA. But if I get banned I have no choice but to quit this horrible game.

But I can't even get the solace of a ban. That's how ****ed up this system is.

SHMEEPS phd

02-25-2013

sounds like you're completely delusional. Statistically, what you're saying is absurd. So you're either not as good as you think you are or are the most unlucky person in existence. Either way, it's not the ranking system's fault.

Your mechanics are not the only thing that makes you a good player. Winning your lane doesn't not mean you deserve to win the game. Improve yourself, stop blaming everyone else.

ProbableLoss

02-25-2013

I'm not delusional, and I exaggerate, I've played close to 60 games this season so if it were that abysmal I'd have been bronze 4 long before this. And yeah it's a team game I get that, but there is no helping someone who has already died 5 times to a person they're meant to counter.

Also, there's no way for me to improve. I already bust down everyone I face until I start trying to help the laners who are feeding on my team. (It's like if I were a jedi practicing my jedi skills on paraplegic 4 year olds. I wouldn't get better, I need people who are around my skill level) It's like the system sees my statistics are better so they average it out by putting me with horrible people.

But truthfully what's more upsetting is the **** I get away with. That means others get away with it. It shouldn't come to me feeling so screwed by the game that I literally go out and seek punishment to see if any part of the system works. And then to come and find out it doesn't is just stupid.

OhMyEffGees

02-25-2013

No, you are delusional. Your statements "there's no way for me to improve" is a clear indication of this.

By your statements, the matchmaking, which picks a bunch of people AROUND the same rating, is always picking you as the highest ranked person, and grouping you with lower ranked people. You then indicate that everyone on their team is better than everyone on your team, EXCEPT you.

Frankly, this is the whining/complaining you get from so many people who don't see their own mistakes and cry about Elo hell. It's from the people who, after winning their lane, dive 1v5 because "they were killing the tower!". Its not just the lane phase that matters, what happens after it matters, too.

I'm not a diamond player, and I know why I'm not. Because I need to improve to be. I've had games were I've stomped and gone 9/0, but lost because I messed up in team fights, initiated poorly thinking I was unstoppable, whatever. It costs your entire team at that point. I've gone games were I got absolutely stomped, because I was counter picked and/or because I played like absolute garbage. I recognize these games, and the games I did well on, and try and figure out why. And looking back/reviewing my games I can see the massive number of mistakes I make. Every. Game.

I've seen really good players (not necessarily Challenger tier) go from nothing this season up to Diamond I/II. Then, for whatever reason, they start a smurf account and do it again. I've seen people who play ADC raise up to Diamond again with troll ADCs like Annie and Malzahar (the troll picks stop around Gold rank). They can do it, even handicapped (by champ choice) consistently because they are good enough to do so. They make the plays, both in lane phase and in team fights. These people aren't just lucky. These people didn't just "get good matchups". Unlike you, these people really are that good.

Go watch the streams of some of the best players, who spend the time time analyzing their plays (often times recording their matches). Watch Voyboy make a bad move then state "that was absolutely stupid of me. I got overconfident and played that horribly." Watch Wings admit that he bought the wrong item, and that in hindsight he should have bought item soandso. Watch Robert dive a 2v1, get killed and say "why did I do that, that was stupid". Watch any of them, and see them realize mistakes during a game that had a domino effect contributing to their teams loss. It happens to them all, they all recognize it, and they all know they can be better players.

If some of the best in the world see room for improvement, but you think that you can't possibly be any better, then yes, sir, you are very much delusional.

P.S. Tribunal cases are often delayed, sometimes by weeks or more, as a mass of cases against you are all built up into one. You may have been reported multiple times, but your case may not have been reviewed yet. Give it time, you may still be suspended yet.

WashableCoyote

ProbableLoss

02-25-2013

Frankly, this is the whining/complaining you get from so many people who don't see their own mistakes and cry about Elo hell. It's from the people who, after winning their lane, dive 1v5 because "they were killing the tower!". Its not just the lane phase that matters, what happens after it matters, too.

I never dive 1v5. I'm not an idiot. I know 3 kills won't let me fight anyone. I'm also not someone who turret dives, kills a turret then gets mobbed and killed only to respond with "doesn't matter got turret" or go solo dragon and then lose it to say "why didn't anyone help me with dragon."

That's the bull**** I put up with.

I also know they do ranked and normals on separate ELO's. Most of the people on the normal's ladder I play with are better than me, and they generally have silver or gold portraits. In those games I have to play smart. That's where I do my improving, not ranked.

Capt Carmine

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-25-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProbableLoss View Post

I never dive 1v5. I'm not an idiot. I know 3 kills won't let me fight anyone. I'm also not someone who turret dives, kills a turret then gets mobbed and killed only to respond with "doesn't matter got turret" or go solo dragon and then lose it to say "why didn't anyone help me with dragon."

That's the bull**** I put up with.

I also know they do ranked and normals on separate ELO's. Most of the people on the normal's ladder I play with are better than me, and they generally have silver or gold portraits. In those games I have to play smart. That's where I do my improving, not ranked.

play ranked like its normals, your normal rating has reached your true elo, but if you play ranked like its normals you would probably do better, and the guy 2 posts up got it right, always look for things you can do better no matter what your division is