help playing vayne?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Unbeatabledeath

02-27-2013

how do you guys build vayne? even when i am feed i just feel like i am weak....... also everyone talks about vayne superior late game which is great....but for me i am always so squishy that i cannot win a 1vs1 trade against there ADC unless they don't have ult..... so how do you guys build her..... my build is usually boots/dorans, vampire specture for life steal, then phantom dancer, finish BT, then IE usually......... also i MAX RQWE cause well usually no one ever lets me land E on them.........

Mich567

02-27-2013

Don't trade. Just farm. Only initiate when you have an obvious opportunity. Go Long Sword/Doran's/Boots and Health pots if you can-->Vamp Scepter-->Berserker's-->Double Doran's-->Finish Bt-->Phantom Dancer or Statikk Shiv-->Usually Infinity Edge-->Situational or stacking items.
My general ADc build for Vayne.

TheMisterAce

02-27-2013

Build attack speed and play passive to start. Vayne has the worst laning phase of all ADCs, so try not to die.

Unbeatabledeath

02-27-2013

thanks alot another question that i have is do i get speed runes or attack damage?

Mich567

02-27-2013

Check out my AD runes. Apen marks, Armor seals, MR glyphs, AD Quints. You can put in any combination of AD or Apen marks and AD or Apen Quints. You can even add an extra crit chance rune anywhere just so you have the chance of getting a lucky crit.

Unbeatabledeath

02-27-2013

the problem i have as vayne is my team expects me too get kills early.........specially the support who keeps diving and even though my early dps aint bad........ but if i get focused its an easy kill for me..........seriously i just did a 2vs1 lane bot and i did way better by just tower hugging and farming till i was strong enough to 3 shot the TF and knock stun kill JAX........ people just dont have patience in this game.....

eMkcuF

02-27-2013

Bro, ignore those punks who expect anything from you. If you're 0/0/4 30 minutes into the game you're fine. You need patience to play Vayne so you're doing good. Communicate with your support and tell them that you'll play passively. Only if you notice that the enemies are somewhat under your skill and are 90% sure you can take them, then go for a kill or play more aggressively. Vayne's E is the key to securing early kills but don't max it because the damage is low and the mana cost is too high. Your build is good and you're maxing your skills correctly.

After those brutal 30 minutes your build should mostly be complete and you should be growing very strong. Vayne takes some skill to play but her ult makes dueling almost anyone a piece of cake. If the enemy team has too much CC then consider taking cleanse and even building Zephyr. As your last and only defensive item, decide whether you need GA (you're being dove and bursted down in a sec) or Warmog's (you're being hurt by sustained damage).

Maybe your problem is bad positioning. Vayne has a really short range so positioning is diffucult but your Q helps a lot. Make sure you stay in the back line of your team while your support peels for you, or at least should be.

Arachnelis

02-27-2013

Vayne has no burst ad ability(like Graves buckshot) and her knockback/stun requires some positioning skills, so Vayne is one of the more difficult AD carries to use. I think that learning Vayne is all about learning where to be, how to move and when to go in or back off.

Maurisss23

02-27-2013

Lol

LogicalTautology

02-28-2013

Always go BT first on Vayne. Then build into a Zeal and your ASpeed item of choice (Shiv or PD, for waveclear/teamfights or dueling, respectively). Add an IE, then a LW. Finish off with either a defensive item (which you can also get earlier if you are fed and being focused) like a GA/Warmogs/QSS, or else a Ghostblade for full glass cannon if your team can peel super well.
Runes are AD/Armor/MR/APen. AD Quints instead if you can't cs every minion in a wave (assuming you are alone in lane).
Masteries are 21/0/9 or 21/9/0.