Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

@ Griftix, When you became a red....

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Lycaeus

02-25-2013

Quote:
JarlaxelBaenre:
Wait what? The first day you played league, shyvanna was already released? I would've thought they would hire people with more LoL experience than that, come on... Devs are a dime a dozen.

No game company I have ever heard of has playing their products as an aspect of th recruitment process.

Griftrix

Senior Animation Engineer

02-25-2013

Quote:
JarlaxelBaenre:
Wait what? The first day you played league, shyvanna was already released? I would've thought they would hire people with more LoL experience than that, come on... Devs are a dime a dozen.

Heh, you think so eh? Maybe Riot doesn't want the 10 cents for 12 devs

Griftrix

Senior Animation Engineer

02-25-2013

Quote:
WraithNexus:
No game company I have ever heard of has playing their products as an aspect of th recruitment process.

Riot did ask me if I played. It's important to know your product. Being amazingly good at a game isn't important for programming it well. We all play the game here. Not everyone did before they were hired, but everyone plays it here.

A Swarm of Koala

02-25-2013

Quote:
Griftrix:
Heh, you think so eh? Maybe Riot doesn't want the 10 cents for 12 devs

It's funny because tencent owns your soul.

Kohou

02-25-2013

Ouch... Nice...