Something simple YOU can do in ranked to make role assignments easier

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Sehnder

02-25-2013

Simply let people know what you are good at.

"But I do that!" You protest. "I type TOP as fast as I can every game!"

That isn't what I mean.

What you should do is list the roles you are best at, in order of proficiency.

Example: Top>AD>Support>Mid>Jungle

This lets everyone know what roles you are best at and what you should not be playing. Your team can then work around it accordingly. Let's assume you still have three roles to fill: Top, jungle, and AD. Which of the following scenarios is more likely to end well?

SCENARIO A:
Player 1: TOP!
Player 2: TOP!
Player 3: TOP!

SCENARIO B
Player 1: Top>AD>Support>Mid>Jungle
Player 2: Top>Jungle>Mid>Support>AD
Player 3: Top>Mid>Support>Jungle>AD

In scenario B, Player 1 can easily tell that if he does not pick AD, he is making players 2 or 3 play their worst role. The solution? He should pick AD, player 2 should pick jungle, and player 3 should pick top. That way everybody is playing their best or second best role.

Taking 10 seconds to type this each game can save you 45 minutes of suffering. I think it is worth the effort.

Sajjin

02-25-2013

Its not clear how much different the first role is from the last.

I should not have to copy paste this every game, we should be able to indicate this in the interface.

I agree with your sentiment but Riot has not done much to gives us tools to help with this other then the "Don't be a jerk" line which in reality only helps jerks.

Sehnder

02-25-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sajjin View Post
Its not clear how much different the first role is from the last.

I should not have to copy paste this every game, we should be able to indicate this in the interface.

I agree with your sentiment but Riot has not done much to gives us tools to help with this other then the "Don't be a jerk" line which in reality only helps jerks.
The idea here is what YOU can do to help, not what Riot isn't doing. I can vouch that the number of games where I am forced into one of my weak roles has decreased a lot since I started letting my team know what I'm good at out the gate.

Pitufito Dell

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-25-2013

I think I somewhat agree.
3-4 little pins on the name that represent your best roles (acording to riot tags) carry, mage, tank, support, fighter or jungler. Not enforcing anything, just letting your team know what are you good at whitout having to fight for it.

Ssraeshza Tvyl

02-25-2013

No.

Pick order.

gg.

Aelexe

02-25-2013

I have this bound to one of my macro keys. It works wonders.