new shaco jungler. need help.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

megga hops

02-24-2013

Hi, I've been playing shaco jungle for just over a week now. most games go well. some games go really bad. I've been enjoying him a lot.

I've recorded some games with him (all blind/normal) and would appreciate if any one would watch them and give feedback (the ones named 'shaco#')

http://www.twitch.tv/the_hazardous/v...ast_broadcasts

mostly what i need work on is ganking. any situations you see i could have done something differently to secure a gank would be extremely valuble. other inputs are welcome too.

also links to good season3 shaco player streams would be helpful too.

on all those recordings I do 21/9/0 masteries and armor-pen/armor/magic-resist runes. the runes are the way they are because I haven't yet purchased runes specifically for shaco.

What is Studying

02-24-2013

Alright I will view your most recent game and give some feedback. I main Jungler so I can give you some things to improve.

Zinzon

02-24-2013

I didnt watch your video but general tips are always useful:
-if a lane is being ganked near you, drop what you doing and go help! it help giving the adavantage to your lanes
-play agressive when you have red buff
-GANK A LOT EARLY GAME since you are shaco you are not a farming machine in the jungle. So rely on kills more than jungle monsters.
-counter-jungle early: you have great mobility with your Q and easy buff with your W. You cant even do blue then goes straight to the enemy red and wait him here in order to kill him and take his red. (smite the red at the exact health and proceed to kill him)

With shaco its all about inspiring fear in your opponent since you are one of the few jungler you "cant" see him coming to gank. Also, be creative in your ganking (deceive allow lots of flexibility).

What is Studying

02-24-2013

1st gank: onto bot lane (Vayne and Nunu die, You get Vayne)

Good things:
You killed Vayne. Can't really ask for anything more.

Bad things:
Nothing really. Was solid.

2nd gank: onto mid lane (Anivia died)

Good things:
Got the kill onto Anivia and popped her egg, as well as burning Clarity I think. Not sure why she used it but w/e. Pinged before hand to let Lux know you were coming. Used your Box to help kill Anivia. Solid play again.

Bad things:
Eh nothing really to improve on this one either. Was really dependent on Lux's light binding.

3rd gank: onto top lane (Jax died, Thresh and You nearly die)

Good things:
Great job pinging onto Jax before starting the gank. This is very important to let the top laner know that you are there if they are not paying attention. You set a box trap onto his escape path through the bush making it so he had to fight or burn a few summoners.

Bad things:
You did not use your E during the fight. Thresh was at 55% hp when you first entered the fight. He almost died quickly and had to burn ghost. Thresh did a poor job at baiting the gank so that was unavoidable. After Thresh ran back, you tried to 1v1 Jax. Bad choice. He had more hp, was a level higher, and still had his summoners. I recommend learning to attack and move. Helps prevent damage and deal damage.

4th gank: onto bot lane (No results)

Good things:
Used your Q to get into the lane bush to gank.

Bad things:
They probably had it warded though so as soon as your invisibility ran out, they ran. Or vayne and nunu were too aggressive so they backed up and then saw you traveling between bushes. Hard to tell which. Sadly, no kill. Make sure to ask where wards are placed if any are.

SIDE NOTE:
When you were trying to pass blue over to Lux, simple things to do are keep exact timers so you are there when it spawns and then ping Lux and then the golem. She should understand that you are telling her to come. Otherwise, it is your blue. Also, start off the buff. Don't make it so she has to start it. Then, tank it when it gets low so she can get the last hit.
Also work on last hitting when you are covering a lane. This is your chance to get easy gold and exp. Don't blow it.

5th gank: onto bot lane (3v3 with Nunu dying and Kha'zix dying)

Good things: Used your ult in a decent way. Often made sure to take advantage of Backstab. Got Vayne a kill.
Bad things:
This was a derp fest. Nunu derped, Malphite derped, Kha'zix derped, Vaynes derped, and you derped. Here is what should have been done. Nunu needed to bait the aggression (which he did, took too much damage though). From there, you needed to wait until their Vayne got closer and use your ult to jump onto her and try to kill her on the spot. To be honest, they were pushed to far to be ganked. Should not have engaged.

6th gank: onto bot lane (Nunu dies)

Good things:Eh not much really. Nothing was gained from it.
Bad things: Again, this Nunu is derping around. Used his ult prematurely. Malphite got the kill though so not too bad. You could have killed Vayne. What you should have done is popped your ghost, used your clone to tank the turrent, and then use your Q followed by E. Would have killed her since your E would have done around 300 damage since it is rank 4 and would have applied Backstab. She only had around 150-200 hp during that fight.

SIDE NOTE:
You saw Kha'zix coming from Blue side through lane while you were recalling. Should have ran straight away while pinging Lux to retreat. You paused for too long and allowed Kha'zix a free kill.

7th gank: onto river (You die)

Good things:
Saw an opportunity to get a kill and Thresh followed.

Bad things:
You let him jump onto you to start. He got free damage. You were chunked to 75% hp at this point. He focuses onto you but you stand there and get hit. You are way too squishy to be doing that. Jax's attacks get stronger after each consecutive attack. Needed to kite him around. Ignored Thresh's Lantern. If you didn't know, clicking on it will bring you straight to Thresh. He was off to the side trying to save you. Also, you should have used your ult earlier. More damage with Backstab since you or the clone would be facing his back ideally.

8th gank: onto bot lane (Malphite and both Vaynes die)

Good things:
Beautiful gank. That is a perfect example of what you should do. Used your ult to help get the kill by making it tank the turret and deal damage. Used all your abilities to perfection. Did not over do it by wasting summoner spells.

Bad things:
You did end up tanking the turret for the first part but you quickly jumped out with deceive to avoid more damage. Also, never recall in their jungle. Use your Q to jump over the wall and head to your turret. Fed Jax another kill and a fed Jax can carry a game.

Alright this is the end of my critiquing as this has taken well over 40 minutes to get through the first 18 minutes and its a 47 minute long game. Hopefully this is helpful for you in the end.

megga hops

02-24-2013

haha. wow thanks for the in depth response.

that game had an ideal beginning. many more failed ganks in the other vids.

i usually save my E in the assumption that they will try to run and so i can get some damage when they're out of range. i'll try to keep the amount of damage it does in mind.

megga hops

02-25-2013

i'm going to bump this as I added a lot more videos. the shaco5 through shaco10 videos are all losses, so those would be pretty awesome to have critiqued.

What is Studying

02-25-2013

If you go ahead and pick one that you really think could improve you through critiquing, I will go ahead and take a look.

megga hops

02-25-2013

do shaco5 if you will. it begins at 0:42 seconds into the video. first gank at 3:22; 2nd gank at 4:40.

What is Studying

02-25-2013

1st gank: onto mid lane (gragas died)

Good things:
Beautiful gank. Used Ghost to get in quicker, used your Q to get in without being noticed, got the kill.

Bad things:
Nothing at all.

2nd gank: onto top lane (TF, you, and Elise die)

Good things:
Asked for wards in advance. Pinged in advance. Used Q to jump into bush.

Bad things: Did not use your E during the fight. At level 1, your E will do about 100 damage assuming you apply Backstab with it. Could have been used to kill TF faster and prevent him from doing as much damage as he did to Elise.

3rd gank: onto top lane (No result)

Good things:
Saw he returned to lane and wasted his gold card. Therefore he had no stun so it was safe to engage. Got your bonus damage from Q off on him.

Bad things:
Did not use your E until the end. Your E decreases their movement speed by 10%, and would have applied Backstab for more damage, which would have allowed you and Elise to hit him even more and potentially get the kill. Then Fiora came and you should have not engaged as she was much stronger at this point since she got a good start by getting a kill onto you.

SIDE NOTE:
While farming anywhere, make sure you are trying to get Backstab for more damage. This is very important to improve your gameplay as Shaco because it deals 20% more damage. While jungling, use your box to draw the aggro and then attack them from behind. Will make your jungle a little faster and you will take nearly no damage.

4th gank: onto bot lane (You, Xin, Riven, and Ashe die.)

Good things:
Saw the opportunity to get a double kill when the wave was pushed to the enemies tower. Got the kills and Caitlyn was able to do damage to the turret and get some free exp and gold.

Bad things:
Used your Q to sneak in. Turrets can see through your invisibility so it was wasted which could have been used as a gap closer or to get out. Did not use your E at all. Your E is very powerful. Need to remember to use that often. You may have been able to escape if you used smartcasting instead of clicking to level up your ult. When you pop your ult, it will remove the tower's aggro onto you for a second. This trick can be used with many things like a Karthus ult or using your clone as a shield from Ashe ult.

6th gank(?): onto mid lane (You die)

Good things:
Used your Q to get in close. Used your Box to do more damage.

Bad things:
Did not use E. Did not consider that Fiora was around, no wards in the lane bushes and Fiora was just down bottom lane. With smartcasting your spells, I think you may have been able to kill TF and escape by bursting him down and using Ghost to run. Make sure to use Q then Box to insure that you get the damage bonus from using your Q.

7th gank: onto bot lane. ( No results)

Good things:
Went to cover lane while Caitlyn was gone. Used Q as a gap closer to try and get one of them.

Bad things:
Did not use Ghost right away. I guarantee that if you used Ghost, you would have been able to use your E onto Riven at least which would do 240 damage and apply a 20% slow.

8th gank: onto Gragas in river (Gragas dies)

Good things:
Got the kill. Used your Q and W for extra damage early on to help burst him down.

Bad things:
Using E to finish off people is the wrong way to go. It has a movement slow so that you may keep attacking them while they are running if they get ahead of you.

It seems laning phase is now over. Summary of results, use E early. Try smartcasting. Just go to keybindings and set them. Does make life rather easy and helps when it comes to things such as bursting or stealing objectives. Hopefully this helps out a bit.