These Riot posts telling people to ignore pick order are doing massive harm.

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

AlmightyAtheismo

02-25-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Griftrix View Post
Why do you think I made a shaman and paladin who can switch roles? Why do you think they made dual specs? Communication and flexibility.

Grif will you at least acknowledge that there are players out there ruining games right from champion select?

I know you love anecdotes, so I've prepared one for you from one of my games yesterday:

Quote:
-Champion Select-

Player 2: adc
Player 1: support (when you see this, you'd think everything is going to be perfect)
Me (Player 3): Fill
Player 5: Jungle
Me: <Player 4>, would you like top or mid?
-3rd(me) and 4th pick are now up-
Me: <Player 4>, where do you want to go?
-15 seconds before lock, I select Ryze-
Me: Guess I'll mid?
-5 seconds left, I lock in-
Player 4: I want mid or adc
Player 4 wound up taking Leblanc top and feeding 0-2, at which point I switched lanes with him and he died 3 more times mid. Finished the game at 0-6-1. Did not say a word all game.

Now, let me ask you something: if that player was reported in that game, what would the tribunal see? A bad KDA and...nothing else, probably won't get banned.

What would happen if the Tribunal was also sent the chat logs of the tribunal with time stamps? That person would 100% get punished.

Tl;dr - I get that you (Riot) do not want to make a blanket tyrannical statement on how champion select should work (pick V call). I get that you (Riot) would prefer to see teams work together and work it out themselves. But the reality is that this simply doesn't work. People troll, non-trolls get screwed, chat logs don't go to tribunal, trolls get away with it.

Put Champion Select chat logs into the Tribunal with time stamps. Or at the very least give me ONE valid reason why you think this would not improve the quality of the game.

Angelus Veneno

02-25-2013

I'd love to abide by pick order if I wasn't last pick every single ****ing game and inevitably get stuck with Support if I get in a game with people who cry pick order.

Vakabiel

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-25-2013

Isn't the order picking determined by who has the highest ELO? (and therefore the most experience to pick bans, etc)

And it was K

02-25-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaolla View Post
The most stubborn unyielding person gets to play the role he wants while the nicer person gets trampled every game - Riot's vision for "good community cooperation"
This is perfect.

Hellioning

02-25-2013

Quote:
Be polite, and help facilitate the communication. (sorry for picking here, I'm just joking but) removing your caps lock or shift key might help ^_^
There are two reasons I play support. A) So that I don't have any arguments over roles and B) because no one else can play it to my satisfaction.

Then again I'm ridiculously aggressive as a support, even if I'm playing something like Soraka.

asdfghjkl 7

02-25-2013

Quote:
How will being as stubborn as them make your game experience better?
Because if you're the "not jerk" Riot wants you to be, and other people are jerks, you will support 9 games out of 10 and play another role you're not the best at the other time. Saying "don't be a jerk" is a stupid rule when jerks win 100% of the time. Where's my incentive to be the "nice guy"? the only incentive to be nice is to avoid getting trolled. I refuse to give the trolls what they want because they are willing to be huge jerks if they don't get it. Riot needs to make it clear that role calling is not a justification fro trolling, because right now people think "I'm not trolling because I called it first".

Macaroni

02-25-2013

I always call my role and I always get it, I yell SUPPOT! And insta lock, people have yet to complain to me once.

Riesgraf

02-25-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by VanceStubbs View Post
Because there's no such thing as a character played in multiple roles?

Chogath can only go top, right?
Jarvan can only jungle?
Caitlin can only go bot?
Of course champions can be played in multiple roles. That doesn't mean the community isn't going to call them trash or troll. Varus can go AP mid too! Do you think that his team mates wouldn't be raging or trolling the moment they see that?

The core of the problem ain't flexibility in playing the champions. It all boils down to the inflexibility of the players in accepting champions being played outside the norm due to the perceived "meta" that's being perpetuated indirectly.

RuSK47

02-25-2013

When it comes down to it, draft mode should be considered a lottery and what pick you are given is what you just have to go by.

First pick gets to choose and the rest fill in accordingly. Here there is order. The order of random luck of picks. Didn't get the role you were dying to play? Oh well you can practice that other lane that you've neglected and there's always next game.

And who's to say that you won't get your pick as last pick anyways? That can happen and if you do.. you just cracked the lotto!

I dont have the fastest computer so if i'm really wanting to play something ( top or mid come to mind) in blind pick GL! I instead reley on the computer generated luck and go into draft mode where maybe i can be 1st or 2nd pick and i have a much greater chance at playing the role and champ i want.

If you think i've been waiting for games to finally get 1st or 2nd pick and get my champ and i finally get it and all of a sudden 4th or 5th pick yells TOP! that i'm just going to hand it over to them... LOL

In Ranked games its a different story. Adapt or fall behind.

Vialley

02-25-2013

The problem is nobody wants to play support thats the real problem