These Riot posts telling people to ignore pick order are doing massive harm.

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Schtauffenz

02-25-2013

The summoner's code clearly implies that you fill positions based on your pick order.

Quote:
Being a good team player begins at champion select. Be open minded when considering the needs of your team. If you’re the last one to pick, try to fill a niche in your team that hasn’t already been filled. If everyone’s picked and something stands out as a deficiency in your team composition, try asking for another player to fill the gap, or change roles to embrace that responsibility yourself. Remember, that by taking on a role you don’t normally play, you’ll learn more about unfamiliar champions and increase your own skill level.

DriedPrunes

02-25-2013

hashinshin, I expect by now you should know how solo Q works. Whether there is a general consensus pick order vs calls, people wouldn't care. Even today I've trying to play jungle kayle and last pick just intalocked xin basically forcing me to support or double jungle. I don't see how enforcing pick order would help.

Vikaryous

02-25-2013

Can't believe I upvoted a Hashinshin post. Feels like the Twilight Zone.

Anyway, I'm not a fan of first pick saying "**** you I'm top" when I say "I can top or jungle" (Seriously? I'm not even demanding it, just a statement...) but there needs to be some kind of order aside from "Well everyone just play nice, share, bla bla bla".

Bullettime7

02-25-2013

I do have to agree Hash. At least Pick > Call as enforced means that you're subject to sheer RNG which is the fairest possible system. If you really can't play more than just top lane, you have no business being in ranked.

Communication is supposed to be king but, good luck communicating in solo queue. So many people are blind to their own skill level and refuse to play anything but mid/top. You can communicate all you want but you'll get get raged at, trolled, or hope you enjoy support every single game.

I have a copy paste at champ select that says "Greetings. I'm most proficient at top lane but I'm flexible in my role based on the pick order."

What almost always follows is "fk u noob I top or feed."

Dèíty

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-25-2013

I agree, Riot is causing more harm by this nonsensical "Don't be a jerk" rule than they are helping. Basically just gave everyone a free license to fight about everything, because it can be interpreted by everyone to mean whatever they want it to mean. I don't understand why either, we have clear rules for everything else. But it's a product of the player behavior team, so it's kind of a given that it doesn't make sense and is purely wishful thinking.

VanceStubbs

02-25-2013

Mid or feed? Then feed, go ahead, give me an excuse!

TaIont

02-25-2013

When the people you are asking for help with pregame lobby issue believe that Top or feed is a situation with compromise and that actual trolls want to win you're royally screwed

TheFunderstorm

02-25-2013

I wouldn't take that particular Rioters word with a grain of salt. He isn't good at the game and he is part of the graphics team. So he really has no clue whats going on.

Auryiel

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-25-2013

I can't believe I upvoted hashinshin but....

Yeah, their stance is beyond idiotic. Since we don't have champ select report and the ability to dodge at least ONCE every 24 hours without a penalty, their stance is just hurting players who are actually willing to cooperate.

I always respect pick order, meaning I don't always get to play what I really want to play. But if I'm 1st pick, I expect to be able to pick whatever the f*ck I want to pick. And then 4th pick goes ''Called it first'' ''Mid or I feed'' etc etc etc

Backtime

02-25-2013

This is something I'd like riot to address because I think its a real problem. Before people would at least compromise on picks now all you hear is pick order, riot said so, and we will all report you if you pick mid to. Or even worse they insta lock a role last second without a word and cause people to fight in champ select.