Veigar (ar any AP-heavy) Build?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Cierae

02-23-2013

Hey guys,

I'm just back after months and months off of LoL. I see that a lot has changed. Many of the items I used to pick have either vanished or become something completely different, so I'm hoping you can help me catch up a little bit

I really enjoy playing high-risk, high-reward champs like Veigar, Katarina, Orianna, Kha-zix (not AP, I know). Veigar is (for whatever reason) probably my favourite. Unfortunately my go-to items have changed since I last played, and I notice that the current flavour is to play HP-heavy.

Would anyone mind giving me some suggestions for the curent build for an AP assassin champ like Veigar?

I'm assuming I still want to get a DFG, maybe a Liandry's now as well? Rabadon's as usual, Void Staff for Mpen, Sorc's boots, etc. Does this seem solid?

Thanks in advance!

Cierae

02-24-2013

Bump

doomed2death

02-24-2013

I think 1 of the things S3 did right was to make a lot of builds really situational.

I have to say, my build for Veigar never really changes though. I like to rush Athene's Unholy Grail (The mana regen is godly for sustain; the MR is great early game against pokers and the CDR let's me farm up Q a lot faster than usual Dat 20% CDR).

Then, DFG and Sorc Shoes with build order in whatever I please. Then, Deathcap, Void Staff, Zhonya's, and/or Warmog's in whatever necessary order.

Otherwise:
DFG is great for assassins.
Zhonya's if necessary.
Deathcap is still always bought.
You can grab Abyssal Scepter is necessary (This along with Haunting Guise and Sorc Shoes is pretty much Katarina's Core).
You can also Liandry's on champs with heavy DoT (Malzahar,and Katarina aren't bad). Or, you know, if there are a lot of tanks.

No worries mate

02-26-2013

I rush DFG after getting boots1 and dorans, as I prefer having full burst sooner rather than later, and i find that dorans and blue buff is usually enough to allow me to farm up without worrying too much about mana. Afterwards I get sorcs, deathcap and then banshees or zonya's. But to each his own. Find what works best for you.

HingoftheKill

02-26-2013

I play "Bully Veigar" who is basically the low-risk high-reward version of him....

Philo Stone
Kindlegem
Boots
Rabadon's Deathcap
Sorc boots or Mercs
Morello's Evil Tome
->Combine to Shurelya's
Abyssal/Zhonyas