Let's look at the pauses logically...

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Atik L Yar

09-23-2013

So, there's all these comments about the Asian teams pausing at crucial moments. (Cool vs. Faker the most recent we saw) Let's look at this from a logical point of view:

These guys are pro gamers. Their APM is probably through the roof, meaning they already put a lot of strain on their hardware.

During stressful moments, it's not hard to imagine an angry Asian guy (Or an angry white guy, or an angry Brazillian guy) ramping that up with pounding his keybinds in hopes of doing something.

So, chances are good that, with their already intense abuse of keyboards and such, the Asian circuit teams are just TOO MUCH for the hardware to handle. This explains the pauses during intense moments, because they start stressing and button-mashing and simply try to take the keyboards or mice beyond their limits.

Iron Angel 2k3

09-23-2013

You are aware that most professional gaming mice and keyboards can handle upwards of ten thousand actions per second, right?

type1Rush

09-23-2013

Whats crazy is that the amount of pauses at Worlds so far is probably equal to, if not slightly greater than, all the pauses during the LCS LPL OGN regular season..

Atik L Yar

09-23-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Angel 2003 View Post
You are aware that most professional gaming mice and keyboards can handle upwards of ten thousand actions per second, right?
Theoretically, they can.

Slam your R key a few times. It will probably stop responding and you'll need to reset your keyboard.

(Note: I am not responsible for any damage dumb people do to their own keyboards by slamming buttons)

Power Of Syndra

09-23-2013

Why are there EVEN pauses in a tournament?

Have you ever seen a Marathon being paused because someone lost their running shoes?

NO!

Hemanth

09-23-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4set View Post
Whats crazy is that the amount of pauses at Worlds so far is probably equal to, if not slightly greater than, all the pauses during the LCS LPL OGN regular season..
You must not have seen EU LCS

Xenik

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-23-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atik L Yar View Post
Theoretically, they can.

Slam your R key a few times. It will probably stop responding and you'll need to reset your keyboard.

(Note: I am not responsible for any damage dumb people do to their own keyboards by slamming buttons)
You're clearly not using high quality equipment. Seriously.

When I play Ryze or someone and get in a teamfight, I'm slamming my keys pretty hard. The equipment is designed to handle that.

Atik L Yar

09-23-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmiliaLeBlancs View Post

Have you ever seen a Marathon being paused because someone lost their running shoes?

NO!
I'm pretty sure there actually would be a time out for that.

In Nascar, they call time-outs when someone gets a flat. In football, they call time-outs when someone breaks an arm.

And, in esports, they call time-out when someone is about to die and completely unintentionally breaks their keyboard.

Zyxia

09-23-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmiliaLeBlancs View Post

NO!

It's more like Time Outs in Sports, or stopping because a player gets injured.

type1Rush

09-23-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemanth View Post
You must not have seen EU LCS
No, but judging by the amount of Pauses by Korean teams, I am 100% certain that the Korean teams did. Zzz..