So Xin Zhao was picked or banned in 45/48 games in the first 3weeks of LCS

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

StriderXplosive

02-25-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henry Plainview View Post
No changes? Uhh....are we even playing the same game
+1

Higgly

02-25-2013

Xin's level 2 gank in season 2 was scary too... I don't know why people are crying about it now.
And don't gimme that "cuz season 3 items" bs, at level 2-6 you don't even get to use any of the S3 items let alone any damage items in general.

Coyotedash

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-25-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZenonTheStoic View Post
I think our live design team has seriously stepped up its game. We tend to be a lot more reactive now. If we overnerf we reverse the changes, of course, but there's also that old psychological effect. One story Feralpony told me once was that we put out patch notes saying Vlad pool had lost its MS buff and received some other nerfs and Vlad was suddenly considered trash tier, with both his pick and his win rate plummeting. Problem was, the changes accidentally never went out. So after it seems like a champion was overnerfed and is trash now, we have to wait a little to make sure that's actually what happened. Remember also that Hecarim was considered weak for the longest time and has skyrocketed to the top of jungle picks now with no changes.
Well in Hecarim's case is because other junglers were nerfed, season changes, item changes, etc

You don't have to buff a champ to make him stronger you can just nerf everyone else around him, like how bot lane balance was for the longest time in season 2

StriderXplosive

02-25-2013

BUFF ADC!!!! kill lanes can dominate a support/adc conventional team bot like NOTHING these days.

BiggerFish

02-25-2013

Quote:
I think our live design team has seriously stepped up its game. We tend to be a lot more reactive now. If we overnerf we reverse the changes, of course, but there's also that old psychological effect. One story Feralpony told me once was that we put out patch notes saying Vlad pool had lost its MS buff and received some other nerfs and Vlad was suddenly considered trash tier, with both his pick and his win rate plummeting. Problem was, the changes accidentally never went out. So after it seems like a champion was overnerfed and is trash now, we have to wait a little to make sure that's actually what happened. Remember also that Hecarim was considered weak for the longest time and has skyrocketed to the top of jungle picks now with no changes.
cough *heimer* cough.

StViscous

02-25-2013

Quote:
Trust me, our live design dudes are very much aware of Win Nao. There's a bunch of changes being tested on PBE, but overall what it boils down to is we're reducing base damages and increasing E and R cooldowns to reduce the amount of burst he gets even while building tanky. If that doesn't work we can adjust further.
So basically you are neutering anyone who wants to play assassin xin

Outplay Nation

02-25-2013

Quote:

Maybe because every other jungle was nerfed meanwhile?

questir

02-25-2013

Quote:
I don't think Vlad was considered trash tier in any moment after he recived the buffs that made him viable but right now he struggles in the current meta because of the 20 base damage nerf on Tides of blood. I would love if you guys can reconsider reverting this nerf because Vlad was and is weak early game and IMO that nerf was unnecessary but now more than ever since S3 meta changes and new champions like Elise, Jayce, Zed who didn't exist at the time made Vlad more difficult to play

Pitufito Dell

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-25-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Undoubted View Post
In NA Xins stats were:

Week 1 saw 6 picks and 1 ban (with a WR of 67%)
Week 2 saw 2 picks and 6 bans (with a WR of 100%)
Week 3 saw 3 picks and 5 bans (with a WR of 33%)
Giving a total LCS WR of 64% after 11 picks.

EU stats were:

Week 1 saw 1 pick and 7 bans (with a WR of 0%)
Week 2 saw 1 pick and 6 bans (with a WR of 0%)
Week 3 saw 4 picks and 3 bans (with a WR of 50%)
Giving a total LCS WR of 33% with 6 picks

I don't know about anyone else, but I think there is something wrong with a champion being picked/banned 95% of the time...

And lossing a lot.
Eve had almost the same numbers on S2 tourney and was nerfed hard. Your point?

Kalarepa

02-25-2013

I think, Xin is just great in HP stacking meta. What I'm afraid of is that Riot will nerf both Xin and HP stacking and he will go back to useless state.