Seriously guys, let's get reasonable...

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

March of Dimes

Senior Member

02-25-2013

Riot needs to take a stronger stance on pick vs call order AND the meta.

People cry about the meta so much, but the next time you fight over mid with someone else in champ select, ask yourself: what REALLY prevents you both from going mid? There isn't an issue of picking vs calling if everyone goes wherever they want - the meta is implicitly being followed there.

As for call vs pick, compromise is obviously the best, but what about when it doesn't work, Riot? What's your stance then? How can call order possibly be fair? Whoever has the faster computer gets to lobby first and always gets the role they want? When did calling ever work for ANYTHING? Middle school?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Lowenbrau

Junior Member

02-25-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoggLorD View Post
because that silly mindset enforces the meta hence your last word contradicts your whole post

No sorry, I can't go into a game without everyone already being locked into the idea that there must be solo top, mid, jungle and support adc bottom.

Deviating from the "meta" get labeled a "troll."


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

GG Crono

Senior Member

02-25-2013

While I disagree with the notion that you have to be ranked-good at every role in order to bother playing ranked, this is a good post. Which I accidentally downvoted, whoops. >_>

Sorry bout that!


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Benny Boy

Senior Member

02-25-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Griftrix View Post
Compromise, communication, and flexibility is the best way to establish team work, and have the best composition of players you can for a match together. Self entitlement to a champion or role when you are first pick, and refusal to compromise or communicate is as bad as the same happening from last pick.
No. I'm first pick, I'm going to pick my mid champion. That's too bad if you're last pick and really really wanted to play mid. I want Kat, I'm not letting the enemy team get her and I'm going to go mid. Idiot.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Thessalonike

Senior Member

02-25-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Griftrix View Post
Compromise, communication, and flexibility is the best way to establish team work, and have the best composition of players you can for a match together. Self entitlement to a champion or role when you are first pick, and refusal to compromise or communicate is as bad as the same happening from last pick.
I do agree your C-C-F philosophy would be ideal, but because of the restraints given we do need some sort of guidelines to establish team work when things don't always work out. Let's skip self entitlement because right now part of the issue is Riot will not commit past "don't be a jerk".


Quote:
Learn all 5 roles or don't play ranked. "I can't support" = "I can't ranked."
I do think this is a bit harsh but I also understand the idea behind it. This has a chance Communication... yes. Flexibility and Compromise... not so much. "I can't" in all it various ways of being expressed hurts everyone else's chance for Flexibility and Compromise. Obviously you "can ranked" only knowing (aka willing) how to play mid.

Quote:
"Calling" is just asking. First pick first serve, and no, just because you pick at the same time as the guy above you doesn't mean you have the same pick priority.
Sometimes we don't get to play the role we want.
Calling should be just asking, it shouldn't be self entitlement just because you have some phrase tied into a single key stroke and/or get into the game faster, so let's forget entitlement.

Griftrix, the problem is the system has time constraints to the C-C-F policy and no guidance other than "don't be a jerk". If things don't work out a default guideline for players needs set because when communication doesn't meet an acceptable compromise in the time allotted it would help to know what to fall back on. Right now C-C-F is and who followed it is based off of who "wasn't the jerk" and that depends on what the individuals believes is the right way calling or pick order or who queued with the most players to back the conversation in their favor.

I don't know why it is so hard to not demonize one thinking in defense of another. Riot is the one that can not place a guideline. The current system set forth by Riot is a pick order default, no way around it. If a person selects before you, they must pick or be randomed. Its amazing we can pretend every game can be a compromise that works without frustration.

After the talk, "don't be a jerk", C-C-F, we need a guideline to default to so that when two players just can't agree in the time constraint we can have a clear direction on who is lacking all the things summoners are supposed abide by.

These generic remarks and lack of guidance (not rules but guidelines) do not help. Imo


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Max Q Then E

Junior Member

02-25-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Griftrix View Post
Compromise, communication, and flexibility is the best way to establish team work, and have the best composition of players you can for a match together. Self entitlement to a champion or role when you are first pick, and refusal to compromise or communicate is as bad as the same happening from last pick.
Wait does this mean we can report players that do NOT compromise and communicate during champion select?

How do we communicate to RIOT which players are self entitled and refuse to compromise or communicate during champion selection? Even worse what if when this player that will only play one role forces others to compromise into roles they do not effectively play but the team still wins the match... are all wrongs suddenly righted? Remember there is no chat log of the champ select and asking fellow summoners to report is like trying to force a donkey to go somewhere it doesn't want to go. So those players are affirmed in their stubborn ways as they not going to receive punishment for their conduct violation. I've seen it happen and I've won and lost games where it has happened. Was it fun? No it ruins my experience especially if i'm with a duo partner.

I'm sure we could come up with millions of 'what ifs' but don't you think it's time to address RANKED pregame champion selection offenders? Bronze is the worst because that's where majority of trollers are...


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Zelgadis

Senior Member

02-25-2013

I'm sorry but no, I know how to play 3 roles, if you want to win you let me play one of those. Being mediocre at all roles will not win you any serious game.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Cool Stuffz

Senior Member

02-25-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbacoa View Post
  • It's time for this community to become mature, decent human beings while in game and understand that you can't have everything you want all the time. Take one for the team, play the role that's needed when your pick comes around, maybe you'll get an earlier pick next time.
Fat chance of that ever happening.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Cool Stuffz

Senior Member

02-25-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zelgadis View Post
I'm sorry but no, I know how to play 3 roles, if you want to win you let me play one of those. Being mediocre at all roles will not win you any serious game.
What happens when you don't one of those three roles?



Also, knowing all roles =/= being mediocre in all of them. My best roles are mid and jungler, but I can play all 5 and switch when the situation calls for it.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

fragilEmEntal

Member

02-25-2013

Learn all 5 roles or don't play ranked. "I can't support" = "I can't ranked."

This...

I ended up (not that I hate this) being a supporter main cuz there were sooo many ppl like those stated above.