Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Seriously guys, let's get reasonable...

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ixioran

02-25-2013

Quote:
Griftrix:
Compromise, communication, and flexibility is the best way to establish team work, and have the best composition of players you can for a match together. Self entitlement to a champion or role when you are first pick, and refusal to compromise or communicate is as bad as the same happening from last pick.

I disagree. Being Jesus H. Ixi entitles me to first picking Ahri all the time, every time.

Crxstogen

02-25-2013

I don't see the problem. Taric is almost never banned and if your carry isn't terrible then you shouldn't have problems. Hell, you can even look at a guide for support items...

Imaginationz

02-25-2013

I main supports now because nobody was willing to play supports. Now I'm pretty good at it.
(gold 3 thus far)

Mewuvmyself

02-25-2013

Easiest way to climb elo is to master 1 champ http://www.lolking.net/summoner/na/310461

Once you do then work on increasing your champion pool

lol I died again

02-25-2013

Quote:
Barbacoa:
  • Learn all 5 roles or don't play ranked. "I can't support" = "I can't ranked."
  • "Calling" is just asking. First pick first serve, and no, just because you pick at the same time as the guy above you doesn't mean you have the same pick priority.
  • Sometimes we don't get to play the role we want. Maybe I prefer mid and top, and would play one of those two lanes every game if I could. But when I'm last pick and the only spot left is support, I don't lock in Teemo with smite/revive in hopes that someone will dodge for me.
  • It's time for this community to become mature, decent human beings while in game and understand that you can't have everything you want all the time. Take one for the team, play the role that's needed when your pick comes around, maybe you'll get an earlier pick next time.
  • Who knows, maybe embracing a role you've been less inclined to play will open you up to new understandings of the game and make you a better player overall.

* All right, fine. I can play every single role, but I own no legitimate ADCs, or junglers, and only a few of my APs can Support.
Because I can play every single role, under your rule, I can ranked.
* Calling is not asking. Calling is calling. Asking is asking. If they call, what they really mean is they would like that role. That's not the same thing. They're "calling," or "demanding," yet that is actually asking? That's definition is completely illogical. That's terrible grammar, but English is constantly disgustingly illogical, so it's fine I guess.
* Every champion in the game (unless you are feeding) is a Carry and a Support. They carry (support) your team. If you don't support your team, and don't help carry the weight of your team, what good would you be?
* Won't happen. Ever.

Barbacoa

02-25-2013

Quote:
Griftrix:
Compromise, communication, and flexibility is the best way to establish team work, and have the best composition of players you can for a match together. Self entitlement to a champion or role when you are first pick, and refusal to compromise or communicate is as bad as the same happening from last pick.

I agree. From my own observation though, I've noticed that most communication/cohesion failures occur from people feeling they are entitled to a role because they called it first, and won't budge an inch from that point on. While personally I understand my win percentage and overall enjoyment of the game will increase by allowing people to play their favorite roles, I don't expect player A (first pick who prefers mid) to yield to player B (fourth pick who prefers mid but called it first) just because player B typed (or ctrl+V'd) his preference quicker.

The Tyrant

Adjudicator

02-25-2013

I never like the logic of "don't play rank if you can't play all roles". Because the people are saying this are the ones who GOT THE LANE/ROLE THEY WANTED. So if the ones are saying they are good at all roles, they should give up their spot for people who arent good at all roles. I don't think everyone needs to learn all roles, because it can be difficult to play ALL ROLES at your "best skill level"...But for me personally, i gotten decent at all roles so my team can play what their strongest role is.

Edit: Because asking someone to get good at all roles, can be a pretty big task to ask someone to achieve. When the people asking this, prolly arent as good at all roles as they think.

I killed Teemo

02-25-2013

I will top/jungle/support in ranked. It's not that I can't play mid or adc, it's that I'm just much stronger at top/jungle/supp then those two (well actually I'm a pretty weak adc; I cannot carry a bad team as one like I can from the jungle)

Tenshyo

02-25-2013

I ask for Top, Mid or ADC, as those are the roles I feel I'm better at. I'll do whatever, but I won't be as good as Support or Jungle as the other roles.

Even when stuck with those two, I at least make an attempt, and do my best. Who knows, a bad play you make could set your team up for an ace on the enemy team, and then push to win.

Wolfsleigher

02-25-2013

Of course everyone has their roles they can play better than others.
For example if you make me jungle, you will get mad at me for not being as good as you. And I'd rather top or support than mid or adc because I don't want my team to be just ok.. I want to play one of the two roles I play really well. Sure I can mid or adc, but I won't get the needed burst for a good ranked match, so it would be better for someone else who is better at those roles.