Sick of seeing same picks every game

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DeadFish87

02-26-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Percivale View Post
Well, let's see... Taric is THE most popular support champion, Caitlyn and Ezreal are THE most used ADCs at all ranks, Akali is okay in the current meta and can stomp anyone who lets her snowball, Katarina is still Katarina--have you ever looked at her base damages--they really suck, aside from her ultimate, the only thing broken about her are resets, Olaf is nerfed to hell and is barely played in the meta, if you're playing Garen, you're either trolling or a silver/bronze, Sona is just a fantastic support that offers great team potential and decent laning phase, Lee Sin has always been a top pick in Solo Q since his release, mostly for his strong early game jungle presence, J4 has a been a flavor for S3 for the great team fight and auras/armor shred, Vi is just stupidly strong all game even from the jungle and Singed has actually been hit with some popularity recently--he stacks health, he's hard to kill, MR is not as common, and he fits in quite a few team compositions.

As for the rest... I don't see Darius very often, he is played, but he is not a favored choice. Shen is Shen, he can easily be countered in lane but no one can split push like Shen... no one. Blitz is pretty nerfed imo, he is still banned often for how he works and works with most ADCs not to mention. Amumu is just stupid. It is not an AoE STUN, it is an AoE root/autoattack suppression, you can still use abilities but it seriously needed a nerf and they skipped out on it. Malphite can't jungle anymore and he is countered by quite a few top laners but still scales well into the late game, go figure.
yea you are 100% right but the MAIN reason why thos champ are popular is they are easy to play and dont require high skill.. since I main Syndra one game one of the player kept telling me she is sucks why did i pick her he said she have no dmg only ult and in that game I got quadra lol AOE dmg AOE stun AOE slow and he think she has no dmg cuz ppls have hard time to land a good stun or slow or dmg anyway if player skilled can win with any other champ this game is about how to last hit/ farm teamplay ganks wards turrets not only get good score and kills.. I main Syndra but still play Sawin/Ahri/Morgana/orianna/Grages and at top I main Riven still play Irelia/jax/Cho/Gangplank/Trundle for adc and support I play all of them depend on the game I jsut dont stuck to same picks and I love to play underplayed champ I use to main Karma mid but no one like to see mid karma they dodge or calling me troll or noob so i just stop playing her

uPuffMyJigglies

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-02-2013

I just get annoyed by seeing the enemy team have a darius at top every other game... I feel that he should be nerfed so people play other champions... I also don't want to have to use a champ that counters darius every game just so I can play top... which is why i stick to mid and jungle

Reindjea

03-11-2013

Problem is that a lot of champs dont rwork with the top/mid/jung/supp/adc

I used to play karma all the time until everybody started doing that comp, Now I know I can kick some asses with karma at top because she counters all melees, but at late I'm going to be a ****ty player
as support it doesnt work much because the ad is ranged... and well
there is a lot of champs who stopped working with that comp and I hate that
zilean as an example it's useless as supp and a perfect ks with his bombs. It's fun to play him but it doesnt work all the time

andoth

03-11-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shibley View Post
Regardless of what champs are popular at the current time, it is always fun playing the underplayed, lower win-rate champions. Just have to choose them intelligently as they are usually niche. Only work with certain team comps against certain team comps type of thing.

Try Zil, Karma, or Janna Support. (Havent seen too many janna lately)

Trundle, Sej, or Shyv jungle. (What happened to Shyv?)

Aniv or Heim mid.

Sion, Poppy, Urgot, Ren, or Nas top.

Mostly champs who were created in season 1 and 2 of league seem to be getting forgotten.
seriously though, i have seen shyv once when im not using her in ranked. she has the most insane clear time. X_X

BouncingDonut

03-11-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadFish87 View Post
when i start playing this game ppls use to pick different champ in every game and that time the game was fun but now Im getting sick of seeing same champs in every game the picks are around 12 champs out of 100 or something in the game ( Ezreal/Taric/Akali/Cait/ Katarina/Olaf/ Geren/Sona/Lee sin/Jarvan4/Vi/Singed) and of course
(Daruis/Shen/Blitz/Amumu/Malph) not fun at all.
3 games had to top against Olaf and 4 games against akali
This is why i like the Meta if im first pick and im going top normaly i would Counter a OverlyUsed champion and they end up still picking that champ. The best why to cheat the system is to Counter Champs that are used why to much (In your lane)

Elsabet

03-11-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by sprichler View Post
I can't jungle to save my life...
Then gtfo of ranked.

I mean, jungle is my least favorite/worst role, so I avoid it at all costs. But if my team needs a jungle, I'm going to do it over duoing top, and I'm not necessarily going to do a bad job either because I've at least taken the time to learn it.

You can avoid a role, but you'd better know how to do it when you're last pick, or you deserve to be reported. I've gotta imagine at that point you'll either learn the role or stop playing ranked, but if not you should be banned for continuing to put the rating of others at risk in this way.

Rawrful

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-11-2013

This is an old thread, and my response probably won't get seen by much of anyone, but...

If there are only a handful of champion that you see over and over and over, why don't you just practice someone that counters them? Especially in Draft Mode, where you can often see who you are going against ahead of time. If you can't see who you are going against yet, pick someone that generically counters all the current meta people for your lane.

Top is the easiest example. Pick Cho. Lots of sustain to deal with high sustain champs. AoE to murder Akali while she is in her bubble. Lots of CC to deal with interrupting things like ulting Shens. Beefy to survive assassins. True damage to deal with tanks. And plenty of CC in team fights to initiate/counter initiate against all the bruisers.

You can do the same for every other lane...