Decatur, The Final Assault [Champion Concept]

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DakoDread

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-24-2013

Decatur, The Final Assault

Tags: Carry, Assassin, Melee, Tank, Top Lane, Jungler

Base Stats
Health: 455 (+87/Level)
Health Regen: 7.5 (+0.6/Level)
Mana: 0
Mana Regen: 0
Attack Damage: 57 (+3.2/Level)
Attack Speed: .632 (+2.9%/Level)
Attack Range: 125
Armor: 18 (+3.4/Level)
Magic Resist: 30 (+1.25/Level)
Movement Speed: 340

Abilities

(If Fiora is matched in the same game on the enemy team an icon on the buff bar appears saying "She will die by my hand only")

Q - Life LinkAttachment 623471
Decatur attaches a chain to target enemy champion or Minion For 3 seconds or until the chain is broken from the selected enemy going out of range, the target is delt 50% of all damage Decatur takes (Excluding any damage he deals to himself). (All Damage is converted into Physical Damage, although if True Damage is dealt to Decatur, that damage will then be True Damage.)

Cooldown: 18 Seconds - 17 Seconds - 16 Seconds -15 Seconds 14 - Seconds

W - Blood Tribute (Passive) Attachment 623472
For every 5% of Decaturs' missing health he gains 1 - 1.5 - 2 - 2.5 - 3 additional Attack Damage.

Activate:
For a short period thepassive effects are doubled and increases attack speed by 20% and Movement speed by 10% (All Ranks) Lasts for 5 Seconds (All Ranks) While on cooldown the passive is removed.

Cooldown: 10 Seconds - 9 Seconds - 8 Seconds - 7 Seconds - 6 Seconds

E - Viper StrikeAttachment 623473
Decatur leaps to the enemy and strikes with both weapons dealing 150 - 225 - 300 - 375 - 450, additionally the target bleeds for 10 seconds for 1.5% of champion remaining health per 10% of Decaturs' missing health in physical damage.

Cooldown: 11 Seconds - 10 Seconds - 9 Seconds - 8 Seconds - 7 Seconds

R - Final CallAttachment 623470
Decatur Deals 50% of his total health to himself in True Damage and 50% of his total health in True Damage to an enemy champion over 10 seconds. Decatur and the selected target Receive 100% less healing while the effect is active. If the selected champion dies from the effect, during the effect, or shortly after the effect expires the cooldown on Final Call is halved.

Cooldown: 120 Seconds - 90 Seconds - 60 Seconds

Passive - Ominous PresenceAttachment 623475
Enemy champions around Decatur lose 2 Armor and Magict Resist for each nearby Champion including Decatur.

Lore:

As a young child Decatur knew no fear and felt no pain, and was known throughout Noxus as a prodigy. Training everyday with his older sister he became stronger than anyone could imagine. Taught early on as an assassin, Decatur knew that he was bound for more.
Realizing his destiny he left his home of Noxus to find great foes to who which he beat one after another. On his journeys he had heard rumors of a strong Demacian Duelist that nobody could beat, having not had a challenge in years he sought after this woman.
After weeks of travel he had finally reached his destination, he was prepared to win. Taking step after step getting closer to the House of Laurent he was ready to kill. His target; Fiora, The Grand Duelist.
He was not strong enough, no matter how hard he fought she stopped every attack only to add another cut into him. In moments he was a bloody mess and Fiora then thought it a waste of time to continue fighting, he would die.
He had lost, and she left him in a pool of his own blood. He lain dishonored as a swordsman and as a Noxian. He vowed one day he would beat her. He then spent countless years training, brutal practices night and day just to become strong.
Eventually he felt he was ready and that he could finally beat her, he returned to Demacia once again only this time to find she was off at a grand tournament known only as The League of Legends. He vowed to one day join his sister and his Rival in the Arena.

Quotations:

Champion Select: No pain is too great.
On Ultimate Use: Going In, All or Nothing.
Attack 1: I feel Nothing.
Attack 2: You brought this upon yourself
Walk 1: Just try and kill me
Walk 2: I'm coming Fiora
Walk 3: Where is my sister
Special interaction with Fiora: This time, I will beat you!
Special interaction with Katarina: Long time no see sister.

Physical Description:

Decatur has white hair at a medium length, split down the center reaching almost down to his chin. Slim figure like Katarina, although about 6 inches taller.Wears a long brown coat buttoned up covering most of his leg cut in a upside down v formation near the bottom. As for legs he wears very dark red colored pants with black shoes. On each side of his hip are two sheaths for his dual short swords. His clothing is however a little nicked in certain spots from being sliced open by Fiora. He has cold dark brown eyes.

Notes:

Dacatur was designed by two people DakoDread and Cheerful Psycho, with the thought of creating a champion who would be an All-Or-Nothing Assassin.
Any tips or feedback are appreciated and welcomed
Cheerful: "While Fiora prevents damage, Decatur is the opposite where he embraces it and uses it to make it through to his own ambition."
The icons were not made by me, credits go to the companies that created the icons (Them all being from various games)

Trivia:

The name for Decatur came from Stephen Decatur who lost his life in a duel. Here is where you can read up on him -> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stephen_Decatur

Edits: Added more quotations. Added Lore. Fixed spell names, what they did and scaling/cooldowns.

cheerful psycho

02-24-2013

Bumpage. We thought the All or Nothing mechanic would be a really cool concept. Any and all feedback are welcome and encouraged.

The5lacker

02-24-2013

Stats seem to be more or less in order, happily surprised someone else seems to know that the Wiki exists and that it's a wonderful tool for balancing numbers.

Q is interesting, but I feel it could be handled better. I'd say converting it to true damage would be a bit more sensible: Makes attacking him really scary, and given these types of abilities usually trigger off of unmitigated damage, he could stack up all the armor he wants and not really care. Contrast just having it be physical damage, which is too easily defended against. Also, how long does it last, and what're the ranges on it?

W is just Tryndamere's Q, only sans-heal. I'd advise giving it some sort of bonus goodie, like an autoattack modifier that costs health to hit with or something to allow him to actually take advantage of all of the missing-health scalings he's got and make the "not self inflicted damage" clause on his Q actually mean something.

E is kinda...wordy. Like, really wordy and incomprehensible, and also kinda nonsensical. Yi already has Double Strike, and it does exactly what it says on the tin: He hits them twice, applying on-hit effects twice and that's that. Shyvana and Renekton have similar deals, and the main selling point of a double strike is that it's two autoattacks: It applies on-hit effects twice, scales on total AD, and resets the autoattack timer to allow for some interesting uses. Your ability doesn't seem to do any of those things, and making it two hits is completely pointless. In addition, what does the health scaling mean? I honestly cannot figure out the slightest bit of how to interpret it.

Immediately dealing 50% of your max health in damage will kill most people a lot quicker than you think it will, and seeing as it's both a DoT effect and scales on Decatur's max health, rather than the target's, he's going to be the team tank. That's the only way for him to basically use anything he's got, and as such, he's not going to make much of an assassin. He lacks any real burst unless he's near death but if he's near death he won't last long enough to get his full burst off.

Conceptually I like him but he just doesn't seem terribly workable and isn't exactly very thrilling. I'm afraid he's going to end up feeling way too much like Tryn and Olaf and, well, we're all set for Tryn and Olaf. We've already got 'em.

DakoDread

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-24-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by The5lacker View Post
Stats seem to be more or less in order, happily surprised someone else seems to know that the Wiki exists and that it's a wonderful tool for balancing numbers.

Q is interesting, but I feel it could be handled better. I'd say converting it to true damage would be a bit more sensible: Makes attacking him really scary, and given these types of abilities usually trigger off of unmitigated damage, he could stack up all the armor he wants and not really care. Contrast just having it be physical damage, which is too easily defended against. Also, how long does it last, and what're the ranges on it?

W is just Tryndamere's Q, only sans-heal. I'd advise giving it some sort of bonus goodie, like an autoattack modifier that costs health to hit with or something to allow him to actually take advantage of all of the missing-health scalings he's got and make the "not self inflicted damage" clause on his Q actually mean something.

E is kinda...wordy. Like, really wordy and incomprehensible, and also kinda nonsensical. Yi already has Double Strike, and it does exactly what it says on the tin: He hits them twice, applying on-hit effects twice and that's that. Shyvana and Renekton have similar deals, and the main selling point of a double strike is that it's two autoattacks: It applies on-hit effects twice, scales on total AD, and resets the autoattack timer to allow for some interesting uses. Your ability doesn't seem to do any of those things, and making it two hits is completely pointless. In addition, what does the health scaling mean? I honestly cannot figure out the slightest bit of how to interpret it.

Immediately dealing 50% of your max health in damage will kill most people a lot quicker than you think it will, and seeing as it's both a DoT effect and scales on Decatur's max health, rather than the target's, he's going to be the team tank. That's the only way for him to basically use anything he's got, and as such, he's not going to make much of an assassin. He lacks any real burst unless he's near death but if he's near death he won't last long enough to get his full burst off.

Conceptually I like him but he just doesn't seem terribly workable and isn't exactly very thrilling. I'm afraid he's going to end up feeling way too much like Tryn and Olaf and, well, we're all set for Tryn and Olaf. We've already got 'em.
Thanks for the input. On work on these already. Some really good points. And completely forgot about Yi double stike.

The5lacker

02-24-2013

Yep, happy to help. Also, never bump if your champion is still on the front page, and ESPECIALLY not 10 minutes after posting.

DakoDread

02-24-2013

Quote:
He would be the team tank, but his burst comes from immediately activating his ulti, Life Linking and then immediately casting "Double Strike" (Still working on the name.). Fixing everything as we speak.

DakoDread

02-24-2013

Quote:
Yep, happy to help. Also, never bump if your champion is still on the front page, and ESPECIALLY not 10 minutes after posting.
Let me know how things look on your side. Revised and changed a few abilities.

Regarding your notes on his Q, I dont think true damage would be a great idea. If he happened to toss a thornmail on, that target could be taking serious amounts of damage if they chose to fight instead of running.

DakoDread

02-24-2013

Bump

DakoDread

02-25-2013

Bump

DakoDread

02-25-2013

Bump