Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

How do you deal with people who call you worthless for your pick?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TheLittlestLulu

02-24-2013

So pretty much I play as a tanky mobile support because that is the playstyle I have the most fun with in Dominion. This pretty much means I either pick Janna, Zilean, or Lulu with a tanky aura build. I used to mostly play as Janna during season 2, and then I played a lot of Lulu when she came out and then went back to mostly playing Janna/Zilean.

It seems like ever since season 3 picking Janna or Zilean has become impossible without people raging at me for something along the lines of "making a garbage pick". Picking Zil or Janna usually results in someone dodging, or someone making a troll clarity smite pick to try to incite me to dodge. Probably one of the worst scenarios I ever went through in this nature was two due queuers trashing me for the entire game from pregame lobby to endgame lobby because I picked Janna. One of them picked Thresh after I picked Janna just to spite me and then both of them spent the game telling everyone to report me for trolling.

I play this game to have fun, and there's nothing fun about having to deal with hostility all game, especially from your own team. I'll have a game where I'm constantly saving people or securing a kill as Janna or Zilean but then in the end if we lose I'm called worthless and told I should never play again. People will say I was the sole reason the team lost simply because I had the lowest damage by the end of the game.

Say what you will but I really don't have very thick skin for this sort of thing. Being called worthless by my team just sucks all the fun out of the game for me regardless of whether we win. The only time I'm safe from this sort of behavior is when I pick Lulu since pretty much everyone recognizes her as a legitimate support for dominion.

I used to absolutely love playing Zilean and Janna in dom and I'm just sick of not being able to pick them anymore without taking the large risk of getting my feelings hurt for an entire match. I really want to love playing them again so I can have someone I can have fun playing as a mobile support besides Lulu.

Torkable

02-24-2013

tell em to stfu
then play
/thread

TheLittlestLulu

02-24-2013

Quote:
Torkable:
tell em to stfu
then play
/thread

It really isn't that simple for me though. I try to just ignore them but it ends up just eating away at me for the entire match.

It's really sad too because my last match with Janna I was doing so well frequently protecting my team from getting killed and it was just so fun even though we ended up losing. I felt like maybe more matches could be like this but then close to the point where our nexus was going to die some Lux player named Jovato or something ended up opening his mouth and saying I was useless and should never play Janna again.

It was like all that fun I had was nullified in a single moment.

Malah

02-24-2013

Support tank Janna and Lulu are two of the strongest picks on the map. Zilean isn't exactly awful either. You're having fun with picks that aren't totally ineffective so what they think doesn't matter.

Don't waste your time conversing with morons who don't know how this map works, play what you want and if they have a problem with it then screw them.

<Mains: Sejuani, Karma, AD Eve, carries hard. Haters to the left.>

AK47WOLF

02-24-2013

Interesting, I have played over 600 games of Dominion and I haven't seen people complain about these pics. This makes me think that your build is frustrating your allies rather than the champions themselves.

It's not okay for them to be harassing you, but the reality is that people look for a scapegoat. They shouldn't be harassing you, but there are a few things you need to take into consideration. Full 100%, barely any damage tank builds are very risky in Dominion, because your team needs to then make up for that lack of damage. This is easier said than done. Consider building Tanky/AP on Janna and Lulu so that you can provide all of the utility of your kit along with damage.

MyDeadGrandma

02-24-2013

I insult their parents.

Quote:

or someone making a troll clarity smite pick to try to incite me to dodge.

I've always called peoples bluffs when they do this. And they always dodge.

A Slime Appears

02-24-2013

Punch them in the dick until they stop. Unless you picked Soraka, then you earned it.

Eloquid

02-25-2013

The answer is always the same: EEEGNOOOOOR (you know there are buttons for that right?).
Btw, only complete dom noob would trash you for picking Janna.
After locking your champ go make sandwich or do pushups, immediately after starting the game put everybody on ignore in every game by default. Enjoy peace of mind and have fun.

weezcake

02-25-2013

Just click the ignore button so you can't hear them anymore.

And then carry. Best way to shut up all haters.

Garo Fury

02-25-2013

I'd rather have a zilean teammate than a nidalee teammate.
Actually had a game recently where I had both on my team and nidalee decided to blame zilean whole game in all chat even though he was outperforming her.
I think some people have poor expectations of certain champions and it doesn't matter how well you do with them if the game doesn't go well they will be quick to blame you.