Trundle lore change. Don't.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Vongeo

02-24-2013

Riot I saw something messaging that Trundle would get a possible lore change, but trundle has my favorite lore in the league. He is the most tragic selfless character in the league and I would hate to see this be changed. You can't couple a better story to the character that is trundle. I don't know why you'd try.

I'm refering to this thread: http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/...02568#35002568

Chibodee Crocket

02-25-2013

Posted this in that thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy Monkey View Post
This is something we are still working on, the lore team has lots of ideas for him that are still in progress. I think no matter what he's still gonna have character.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chibodee Crocket View Post
So help me god if this ends up being another pathetic bad fan-fiction styled lore there will be hell to pay. I can already picture them trying to pretty him up by making it so he ends up having the curse dispelled so that he will become a more popular skin candidate for sales.

Trundle players and lore fans are watching this carefully.
So help me god if they try and pretty him up or screw this up there will be hell to pay. I don't want another damned Kat lore.

Then again they are probably ''passionate'' about trying to pretty him up so he becomes more appealing to a wider market.

Going by the past, I'm expecting the worst.

IcySlayer

02-25-2013

One thing I have seen that riot doesn't get is that remaking a champs lore into something else doesn't work and causes(d) plot holes. In the case of sokara and Warwick they remade their lore which screwed up other champs lore.

If they want a troll with a different story they could always just make a new char instead of replacing a beloved char.

Vongeo

02-25-2013

Karthus's lore vamp I think was the worst by far.

I can imagine the rework now. "Trundle once was a beautiful Prince, but then a witch came and turned him into a troll cuz he was vain and POOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO"

HonorableGeneral

02-25-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vongeo View Post
Karthus's lore vamp I think was the worst by far.

I can imagine the rework now. "Trundle once was a beautiful Prince, but then a witch came and turned him into a troll cuz he was vain and POOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO"
Ugh, no please.

I like the idea of gray and gray morality, the idea that just because you go out and seek something noble (Trundle adopts his people's curse to find a cure in the League), doesn't mean you'll get what you want.

Chibodee Crocket

02-25-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by HonorableGeneral View Post
Ugh, no please.

I like the idea of gray and gray morality, the idea that just because you go out and seek something noble (Trundle adopts his people's curse to find a cure in the League), doesn't mean you'll get what you want.
He didn't say it's what he wanted, he said that are hoping they don't do it because so far all the lore revamps have been terrible.

Tortferngatr

02-25-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chibodee Crocket View Post
He didn't say it's what he wanted, he said that are hoping they don't do it because so far all the lore revamps have been terrible.
...Jayce? Fiora?

Chibodee Crocket

02-25-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tortferngatr View Post
...Jayce? Fiora?
Jayce you mean the one were they made it so Viktor completely did a personality 180 and start stealing the tech of others? The one that caused an eruption on the forums? The current one is decent but eh.

Fiora's isn't terrible, it isn't very good though. The original lore they had for her was much better than the one they chose imho.

On the other hand lets look at the others.

Syndra's lore is a cliche '' I must have power'' thing, she hates being shackled and controlled so she joins the league willingly... you know where champions are shacked to summoners and have to submit to rules.

Kat's lore should need explaining with the whole passion debacle.

IronStylus went on about how they wanted to write good lore for skins... the lore they gave the Kayle skin was terrible. '' Kayle lost her wings, went home and got new metal ones. She then beat all evil on her world, the end.'' that pretty much sums it up.

Ophirr

02-25-2013

I'm a huge fan of Trundle's lore, but read his league judgement (which I'm honestly not a big fan of). He's not so selfless according to that. But if you just read his lore, he's a freaking hero.

Vongeo

02-26-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ophirr View Post
I'm a huge fan of Trundle's lore, but read his league judgement (which I'm honestly not a big fan of). He's not so selfless according to that. But if you just read his lore, he's a freaking hero.
Man, I hadn't read that closely. I don't like his judgement all to much either