What Makes Warwick Bad?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

racky54

02-24-2013

I've been playing for about 5 days (very new) and Warwick has been very powerful and fun so far. But, when I look at these forums, I see Warwick talked about as if he is bad and bated. I know he is weak early game, but is Warwick really that terrible?

Cenerae

02-24-2013

Warwick's mana costs are rediculously high, and it cripples his early game. Combine this with the fact that his ult isn't so good in an age where we have tons of champs with heavy burst and/or gap closers, and he falls a bit flat.

He's not bad, not by any means. His Q does quite nicely with this 'stack hp and ignore MR' phase we're in right now and he has good chasing power and a helpful AS 'aura' for his team. Plus his ult, of course. He's just overshadowed pretty hard by many of the newer champions, and mostly because all of them have superior burst power while still keeping the CC and utility.

If you slap a spirit visage on him and build him for tankiness and CDR he is still strong though. Better than people give him credit for anyway.

racky54

02-24-2013

That makes sense. I noticed that Warwick has a lot of trouble against Garen too, and I see an awful lot of him. How can I improve my chances against tanky Garens?

novahritan

02-24-2013

you cant. garen is unstoppable.

Cenerae

02-24-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by racky54 View Post
That makes sense. I noticed that Warwick has a lot of trouble against Garen too, and I see an awful lot of him. How can I improve my chances against tanky Garens?
During laning? Not much you can do except to pile on armor and health. You won't be able to really pressure him without help so your job shifts to one of survival.

In teamfights he's not your main concern, because Warwick wants to jump on and disable a squishy so his allies can finish the job.

Cupiter

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-24-2013

Its generally a bad idea to lane Warwick vs Garen. Warwick is known for his very weak early game and Garen is known for his very strong early game. Ask to jungle instead or just pick a different champion such as Teemo or Nidalee.

XxxLumberJackxxX

02-24-2013

High mana cost
slow jungle clears
Only redeeming quality is single target CC with mediocre dmg.

His gapcloser is also incredibly outdated

Virin

02-25-2013

The fact that he is completely overshadowed by newer heroes makes him a chump. He's not bad per-say but an insult to the team because of how poo he compares.

Warrrrax

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-25-2013

Season 3 really hurt Warwick.

Before, he could pile up tons of armor and magic resistance. This made him hard to kill and his lifesteal from Q, passive gave him lots of Virtual Life. During combat, he could lifesteal and each point was worth 3 or 4 thanks to armor/MR.

But now that armor/MR are near useless, his lifesteal is much much weaker per point than it used to be. He isnt nearly as tanky as before using the same armor/MR items, so hed have to go Warmog,etc.
If he is gonna do that then as stated, his lifesteal-ish effects are way weaker and a bursty AD bruiser turns out to be a lot stronger.

He will need some serious love to be viable again due to the S3 nerfs to his tanky armor/MR heavy playstyle.

Greenlee19

02-25-2013

High mana cost and the same issue I've seen a lot of udyr have and that's being able to chase people down